• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Crystal is Re-Opening June 1.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Here's what they said on Facebook:

It goes without saying there’s a lot of uncertainty in the world right now, but one thing remains the same and that’s our commitment to providing a place where meaningful connections are formed, and adventures are celebrated.
We’re ready and excited to welcome you back starting June 1 for spring skiing and riding in Green Valley, but things are going to be different. Capacity will be limited, and reservations are required. We’re committed to doing this responsibly and rely on your cooperation to make it a positive experience for everyone.

Reservations for June 1st will open on May 30th at 2pm. Get the full scoop here: bit.ly/CMSpringSking

Who's in?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Another reservation system, the trend is certainly staring us in the face for next season it seems..

marzNC

Angel Diva
Another reservation system, the trend is certainly staring us in the face for next season it seems..
No different than waiting in a line outside a supermarket when the limit has been reached for the number of people allowed inside. My experience has been that even now midweek there aren't any lines. But on weekends, I've seen people waiting outside stores like TJ Maxx.

Having a reservation in advance certainly is better than making the drive and being turned away at the parking lot entrance. There were enough stories about that sort of situation on powder days last winter. Including at Crystal.

MissySki

Angel Diva
No different than waiting in a line outside a supermarket when the limit has been reached for the number of people allowed inside. My experience has been that even now midweek there aren't any lines. But on weekends, I've seen people waiting outside stores like TJ Maxx.

Having a reservation in advance certainly is better than making the drive and being turned away at the parking lot entrance. There were enough stories about that sort of situation on powder days last winter. Including at Crystal.

Sure, but I rent a condo for the season to ski every weekend. The potential of not getting a reservation on weekends would be a big problem when spending ~10k for lodging for the season. I imagine others are in the same boat as seasonal renters or second home owners. Then there are families who put kids in ski programs etc. It’s just a lot of uncertainty, and it’s making it hard to plan and commit to things. I’m also not okay with the idea of resorts offering unlimited season passes that specify you have access everyday of the season when that may not be the case if they have to restrict in this way. Limiting day ticket purchases is one thing, limiting people with supposed full access is another.. The New England Pass is going off sale for the summer after June 15th and may or may not go back on sale in the fall, hopefully that would be to avoid this issue and isn’t just a marketing ploy to try and get people to buy now.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I’m also not okay with the idea of resorts offering unlimited season passes that specify you have access everyday of the season when that may not be the case if they have to restrict in this way. Limiting day ticket purchases is one thing, limiting people with supposed full access is another..
Understood.

I was thinking more about how things are working this May. Way too many unknowns for me to speculate about next season. That's why I'm paying close attention to what happens in the next couple months at the Australian resorts. There are similarities in geography, resort size, driving distance from cities, and lodging options to New England. Even though the season is supposed to start in a month, there are plenty of issues being considered.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Have you heard if any of the South American resorts will open? I know there are big outbreaks of Covid-19 in Brazil right now.

mustski

Angel Diva

The lottery system worries me more. Potentially, you could enter every day all season and never get a ski day. It's too random for my choice. I do favor a first come, first served reservation system. It allows for planning. Even Mammoth is a 6 1/2 hr drive from my house. Today's lottery is too last minute even for this retired gal. I'll be watching the crystal mountain opening to see how that looks and it will help to inform my decisions next season.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As @MissySki pointed out there are a few concerns and no way to know. Committing to rent and not knowing if one can ski..... i’m lucky that I rent privately and I have been there for years. But still...... and I can still teach online although the accommodations are a little tighter if I rent the same place! But..... there are no answers at this point, only speculation. And the option to make ourselves pretty much crazy about this, that or the other!

Christy

Angel Diva
There is one bowl at Crystal that holds snow well enough to ski this late. Here is a WebCam shot from last night at the top of the lift. The does not tempt me. The views are nice though.

Screenshot_20200527-205831_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200527-210111_Chrome.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly