• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

crowds at alta/ snowbird vs solitude

marzNC

Angel Diva
I’m in Alta now. Tomorrow is supposed to clear finally, which will be good since the visibility has been nasty. Couldn’t see in Ballroom so it’s been untouched since Wednesday. Hasn’t stopped the crowds. I’ve never seen lines at Alta like I’ve seen these past few days. Pack patience.
How were the crowds midweek?

Bookworm

Angel Diva
I'm 50/50 going next week. Can't do ALTA because I used up all my IKON days there in December. Thinking of Solitude since I've never been and because of the TR - sounds lovely.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I'm 50/50 going next week. Can't do ALTA because I used up all my IKON days there in December. Thinking of Solitude since I've never been and because of the TR - sounds lovely.
Check the MOTH thread. A day or two at Solitude is quite possible in the next couple weeks. Brighton is fun too when it's not too warm. The run-outs near the base of some lifts are a little long and flat. Learned that years ago when Bill and I went and temps were in the 50s at the base. :smile:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can understand Brighton being more crowded than Solitude. You don’t have to pay for parking at Brighton. And some of their passes include Utah bus access in the purchase price. I think it’s easier to spread out at Solitude as well. But who knows after the Covid experience!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I can understand Brighton being more crowded than Solitude. You don’t have to pay for parking at Brighton. And some of their passes include Utah bus access in the purchase price. I think it’s easier to spread out at Solitude as well. But who knows after the Covid experience!
Brighton is a favorite for some locals because of it's terrain parks. Also has a few runs lit for night skiing.

Ikon works as a UTA bus pass. Although I think there is some set up necessary.

Scribble

Angel Diva
Ikon works as a UTA bus pass. Although I think there is some set up necessary.
I took the bus up to Solitude a few times last season and there was no activation required. I haven't taken the bus this year, but I'm assuming it's the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dreamofskiing