• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Crash of the year

Cyclone6

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had a very scary experience today thanks to low visibility. I was skiing in some untracked powder along the side of a trail. From where I was, it looked like the trail I was on joined a cat track to the left. I guess it sort of did. There was about a two foot dropoff that I did not see until I was in the air. I flew out over the cat track and crashed pretty badly. I'm going to have a bruise on my hip for sure, but luckily, no other injuries. This could have been a lot worse. Please be careful out there, especially if visibility is bad! :frown:

shadoj

Angel Diva
I had a very scary experience today thanks to low visibility. I was skiing in some untracked powder along the side of a trail. From where I was, it looked like the trail I was on joined a cat track to the left. I guess it sort of did. There was about a two foot dropoff that I did not see until I was in the air. I flew out over the cat track and crashed pretty badly. I'm going to have a bruise on my hip for sure, but luckily, no other injuries. This could have been a lot worse. Please be careful out there, especially if visibility is bad! :frown:
Oh, my! So glad you are OK. Catching unexpected air is quite scary; had a couple unplanned launches in flat light this season, though no resulting crashes.

Hope you get in a few more days this season and have a better experience!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna