• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Covid Vaccine advice/Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
deleted because it is just too morbid. It’s been a tough few weeks
I didn't see the post but I'm sorry to hear that it's been so tough, a lot of places are being badly affected by the new strains now :(

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Thank you for your respect and advice. I cherish and value my health more than anything and consider myself a critical thinker. In the past I have experienced bad advice from doctors and if I had listened to my GYN from 2012 I would not be alive today. He had given me very bad advice about a test he didn’t want me to get. I didn’t listen to him and got the test and I saved my own life. I know enough not to worship someone simply because they have MD after their name. I grew up with all doctors and understand they are just people and they don’t know everything
Susan 76, a good friend of mine was hospitalized for over a week, in serious condition with covid. She feared the vaccine. Her doctor is not vaccinated. Please know doctors who don't know everything are everywhere.

Skier31

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you for your respect and advice. I cherish and value my health more than anything and consider myself a critical thinker. In the past I have experienced bad advice from doctors and if I had listened to my GYN from 2012 I would not be alive today. He had given me very bad advice about a test he didn’t want me to get. I didn’t listen to him and got the test and I saved my own life. I know enough not to worship someone simply because they have MD after their name. I grew up with all doctors and understand they are just people and they don’t know everything
Susan, it is obvious that you have had negative experiences with doctors. I would bet that many people on this board have as well. Like any profession, there are good, bad, caring, non-caring people. It is critical we all be our own advocates and question, research, listen to our own body and make decisions based on fact, not fear.

There are many great doctors who will listen, educate and partner with you so that you can live a healthy, happy life.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We were planning to fly to S. Carolina in early Oct. for my nephews wedding. 1st time seeing my family in 4 years. Just got a message from my Doctor. She advises against airline travel right now due to my asthma, rapid spread of the Delta Variant and lack of ICU beds. We were already debating what to do so we're taking my Doctors advice, cancelling our trip and staying home.

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
Well, I think if you did an internet search like you've done for the side effects, regarding healthy active people that have died from Covid, that might change your mind.
So true. Was listening to an NPR story late Monday about a minister I'm his 50s who believed his healthy lifestyle would mean that he'd be asymptomatic if he got COVID, so he didn't get a vaccination. 10 days in the ICU and he can't do anything physical days post-discharge. He changed his tune and now will give "get vaccinated" sermons.

marzNC

Angel Diva
If you are immunocompromised, you are eligible for a booster immediately (provided you’ve had the full course of shots initially offered). If you don’t have an immune condition, yes, it is 8 months at this time.
FDA and CDC have only formally recommended a 3rd dose for a specific set of immunocompromised people.

The idea of a "booster" for the general public is being seriously considered but neither FDA nor CDC have issued formal recommendations. I think the 8-month timeframe might be related to what Pfizer said several months ago. Since the first doses started in Dec 2020 and Jan 2021, that's why boosters could start soon for people who got Pfizer early on. That was mainly healthcare workers and seniors, especially those in long term care facilities.

marzNC

Angel Diva
As has been mentioned, but bears repeating . . . the Delta variant has changed the situation significantly. Not just in the U.S. I've been checking in on the island nations and Hawaii every so often. Iceland is relatively small and easily controlled COVID-19 in 2020. The vaccine rollout has been going relatively slowly because there didn't seem to be that much reason to rush. But now there is concern about the increasing number of hospitalizations and detected cases from community spread. The same is happening in Australia, Taiwan, and Japan.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
… and because of the mosaic of behaviors, vaccination rates, choices, laws, rules, etc, we are likely to see subsequent variants for a while. Sad but true, and not intended to be inflammatory, just pragmatic.

Side note: since skiing was my winter sanity for the pandemic, I’m expecting that I’ll be pretty good by the time we’re out of this. :thumb:

marzNC

Angel Diva
We were planning to fly to S. Carolina in early Oct. for my nephews wedding. 1st time seeing my family in 4 years. Just got a message from my Doctor. She advises against airline travel right now due to my asthma, rapid spread of the Delta Variant and lack of ICU beds. We were already debating what to do so we're taking my Doctors advice, cancelling our trip and staying home.
Given that I live in North Carolina, I'm pretty aware of what's been going on in the southeast. Unfortunately, cancelling the trip is the best approach because of Delta and the way SC has handled COVID-19 in general.

I took a solo driving trip in the last couple weeks. I went north to Lake Placid via VA/PA and then back via NJ/DE/MD/VA. I drove to central NY in a day, and then back from NJ yesterday. The differences in the situation between the states I passed through is noticeable even only stopping at gas stations and rest stops. Even though I'm fully vaccinated, I'm keeping my distance from strangers in essentially the same way as I did a year ago before any vaccine was available.

Tvan

Angel Diva
@mustski - I'm so sorry to hear about the stress you've been under. I can't imagine the numbers that you're experiencing in your personal sphere. I don't even know what to say except I hope you are able to find some peace to recharge your batteries.

@ski diva - 7 friends. Unfathomable, and yet, one of my team members lost every single remaining member of his parent's generation in the past year. An entire generation. Gone.

@fgor - I can understand your quandary. My health history prevents me from getting any type of vaccine that is created with live virus (like flu shots, etc.) but I was able to have the MRNA type vaccine for Covid. I don't know your particular situation, but encourage you to speak with your doctor about the options, once you are eligible for the vaccine. You may be pleasantly surprised, as I was.

@Susan 76 - This is a very diverse, inclusive group of women who really like to ski. We have lots of differing opinions on this site... (mostly about the Black Pearl 88s - we love 'em or we hate 'em). Some have disagreed with your opinion on vaccines and provided advice based in facts and personal experience, but no-one has done so in a disrespectful way. If you read back through this thread, you'll notice that the prevailing theme is an overwhelming sense of concern for each other. The community has been extremely generous in responding to your original question asking for advice, especially in sharing personal information in an open forum.

mustski

Angel Diva
We are heading on a month long RV trip - leaving this Sunday. I’m not terribly concerned because -despite the RV camping style- it will be mostly outdoor activities. However, we will be attending my niece’s indoor wedding in South Dakota. I’m not going to lie; I have mixed feelings. But, I also have confidence in the vaccine so I decided to roll the dice. That’s why I got it after all; I wanted to return to normal life. I’ve had multiple exposures to Delta and so far so good. My niece is my only living blood relative outside of my son. I don’t plan to miss this!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well I signed off this site when all the hate towards non vacc'd started, now saying my peace (piece) and probably leaving again. I'm sorry people know people that have died, I know over 100 that have had CCP and lived- from 17-99 the over 90 said "you don't want it" They all said the LACK OF MEDICAL ATTENTION Led to the virus getting worse- Dr's telling them to stay home and let it run it's course!
from the CDC "However, early estimates predict that the overall COVID-19 recovery rate is between 97% and 99.75%."

In my county of 52,000 61 have died- all but 3 were murdered by our now disposed pervert governor who like 4 other Gov's mandated Positive be sent to nursing homes with No protection. Over 43% of ALL CCP deaths were in these 5 states nursing homes. Subtract them from the total and more people die of obesity! I didn't see the govt shutting down murder burger joints? they shut down mom and pop healthy restaurants. they shut down gyms, they said Stay inside locked up on stinky air. FRESH AIR and SUNSHINE ARE GOOD FOR YOU!!! Fact Over 85% of all deaths have LOW Vit D! TAKE YOUR VIT D and Zinc! Go outside in the sun!

Many of the people by me that had it, now have antibodies and have more immunity than the shot! Studies are proving that immunity after having it is the BEST immunity better than any shot. Many of the people by me that had it never knew they had it! All that had it 'bad" said their Dr's did NOTHING! Several are donating their antibodies and are saving others IF DR"S USE Antibody treatment early! My Dr. will not prescribe preventative drugs! As I well know, Without sick people Dr's are out of business (Watch the movie Patch Adams true story) Regeneron made by me is finally being used and saving people.

Yes it is a bad virus, yes if you have a poor immune system or comorbidity you are at risk. Yes even healthy people can die from it. My BFF just was recently infected by a vacc'd person! (happening more and more) IMO many Vacc'd are not careful and think they are immune they are not and are more dangerous than vacc'd. My BFF went to americanfrontlinedrs.com they prescribed Ivermectin, hydrocloroquine, zpack, nebulizer, ramp up Vit D, Zinc and drink pedolite for electrolytes- they told her to take drugs in specific order. she was exhausted first 3days and scared then on the 4th day she said she knew she'd be all right. 8th day she was eating tacos and FINE- took a few more days getting her strength back and is 100%

I also have an autoimmune disorder, have been highly allergic to all chemicals especially vaccines since birth. I am not risking getting the shot. I am taking my precautions. I've never had a flu shot and never been sick. I have a very strong immune system.

THE SAD NEWS: I know 3 women who were pregnant and they lost their babies at 7months just after 2nd shot. I have 1 friend Paralyzed after getting it. I have several elders that suddenly had major dementia and organ failure and are now dead after getting it. My medical friends are now reporting deaths of the vacc'd! I pray all my friends that have it in them are OK- it won't be known for years the long term effects of this new gene therapy type drug.

It is a personal choice to get it. Never talked about is that over 35 ,MILLION People have had CCP in USA and Lived. Following the Vaers site in US and Europe that only track a portion show thousands DEAD and Millions Maimed from side effects is alarming and not mentioned on our lamestream media, their agenda will not tell the truth. the FDA has allowed LOTS of Drugs to be approved only to find they kill people. All those TV commercials "did you take this drug or that" Now the manufacturer of these drugs nor the govt can be held accountable IF you have bad side effects! This tells me all I need to know. It is control, it is about Fear- it is political. Now wanting to arrest and detain people not vacc'd is just what Hitler did. FEMA has non vacc'd interment camps set up. All on the CDC Site- FOR REAL.

Since over 35 million Non Vacc'd HAD THE VIRUS AND ARE MORE IMMUNE THAN ALL THE JABS ON THE PLANET-- Since the CDC, Dr's ALL REFUSE TO Acknowledge this FACT Shows me this is about Control and PS the border is wide open and none are tested they are shipped all over the country!

@Susan 76 IF I had to take a shot- I'd get the J/J it is the most like a flu shot listen to my brilliant Dr Friend @Olesya Chornoguz she's on the front lines in research be safe, stay aware, ramp up your vitamin d, c, zinc and magnesium. talk to more people READ European news and if you want articles PM me.

Stay safe all, and no you don't have to ski with me, since I am so dangerous. The divide in the country and on here is to me is total discrimination. and I abhor discrimination. so C-ya

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I don't think it's wise to live by anecdotes, though. Science is always studying and science is telling us that getting the vaccine is safer than not. (They have monitoring very closely pregnancies and covid, with and without the vaccine, and have determined that pregnant women should get vaccinated). I'm sorry you felt you were reading hate, @nopoleskier. I read what @Tvan read - concern. I think there is a certain segment of the population that has fallen for lies, but there is another segment of the population just like you - they cannot get the vaccine. This is why others should - to protect people like you. Sad to see you go, but if you're feeling stressed, a break can do wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna