• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

COVID Closures

Jilly

Staff member
I'll be talking to my friends in Ottawa as to what they see. Quebec is in worst problems that Ontario. But I felt really safe at Tremblant.

Actually the biggest problem is getting there. With places shut down, where the h e double hockey sticks can I go to the bathroom. It's a 4 1/2 hour trip!! As I've aged I'm no camel anymore.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I'll be talking to my friends in Ottawa as to what they see. Quebec is in worst problems that Ontario. But I felt really safe at Tremblant.

Actually the biggest problem is getting there. With places shut down, where the h e double hockey sticks can I go to the bathroom. It's a 4 1/2 hour trip!! As I've aged I'm no camel anymore.

Are you open to the ahem portable solutions you could bring along to relieve yourself..?

Jilly

Staff member
NOT!! I think the ON routes are open. So a stop would be a little sooner than normal. Have to check out the gas stations too. And carry Lysol wipes the car....

Or I can just see this....Hi (Ottawa friend, cousin...) can I use your bathroom?? Thanks see ya later...

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
From Snowbrains.com:

The much-hoped-for reopening of ski resorts in France has been delayed yet again due to covid-19. The Tourism Minister told the industry that this winter would be a write-off.

The government announced yesterday that ski lifts would not be allowed to open from February 1, a date given by the government for a possible easing of restrictions, and a “reopening in mid- or late-February seems highly improbable.”

France is not currently under lockdown. Ski resorts as destinations remain open for people to visit and stay in hotels, but lifts are not turning and restaurants remain closed. Snowshoeing, and cross-country are available, and many skiers have been uphill skiing at the resorts.

France has kept lifts at its resorts closed since the end of the last national lockdown in early December. Over the weekend, the Italian government announced their ski resorts were to remain closed until 15th February – at least. A similar situation is affecting German ski resorts. A post on the Zugspitze Glacier homepage reads:

We would have loved to announce the imminent opening of the ski area today! However, due to the persistently high number of infections, we have to postpone the start of the season again. We hope that we will finally be able to start skiing in our areas in February and are thinking about a possible extension of the season if Ms. Holle will continue to be friendly to us in spring 2021.

France is reporting 2,965,117 covid-19 cases and 71,652 deaths with covid.

Jilly

Staff member
Ontario resorts are still closed till the 20th of February. Mount St. Louis - Moonstone has announced it may not re-open this year.

MissySki

Angel Diva
It sounds strange that the resorts are open as destinations to stay in hotels and ski uphill, but the lifts can’t run..

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Very little skiing in Europe this year. I think lifts are allowed to operate in Austria, but only for locals. Switzerland has been open and they’ve just had a big outbreak in St. Moritz. Ski areas in Italy are closed, afaik. Even if ski areas were open, the testing and quarantine requirements would rule out a ski trip this year. If it snows, I’ll just have to ski around my garden.

edelweissmaedl

Angel Diva
My ski group just officially cancelled their reservation in Austria for the week of February 14. With the official announcement hotels will stay shuttered to tourists until at least the end of February that was the last straw. Silver lining was the owner pushed our deposit to 2022 since we didn't cancel voluntarily.

Jilly

Staff member
Because we're in locked down in Ontario, my trip to Banff, next week is cancelled. I hadn't even booked a flight. My friend that has the time share got a credit. So we're on for next winter.

Jilly

Staff member
Don't think that is happening in Ontario. The restaurants, spa's and ski hills are all closed. So no need to travel to a ski resort as all you could do is hike, XC or snowshoe. Bring your own food or do take out.

kiki

Angel Diva
Well, our provincial govt announced the required shut down Whistler blackcomb today.

the WB website shows:
WHISTLER BLACKCOMB IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
Whistler Blackcomb will close as of midnight tonight, March 29. We would like to thank all of our guests and employees for their willingness to adapt to our COVID safety protocols and will update the website with more information on the future of the 2020-21 season. Please check back

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Well, our provincial govt announced the required shut down Whistler blackcomb today.

the WB website shows:
Whistler Blackcomb will close as of midnight tonight, March 29. We would like to thank all of our guests and employees for their willingness to adapt to our COVID safety protocols and will update the website with more information on the future of the 2020-21 season. Please check back
Wow.

Jenny

Angel Diva

the WB website shows:
Glad you got back there for one last weekend!

kiki

Angel Diva
Revelstoke has posted a closure for tomorrow

⚠️ Important Update ⚠️

As a result of Covid-19 related circumstances, we are experiencing a staff shortage and are unable to open the mountain tomorrow, Wednesday, March 31. No lifts will be in operation and access to the mountain will be prohibited.

We will continue to assess the situation and provide further updates, but the safety of our staff and guests is our top priority. If you purchased a lift ticket for March 31, please contact our Guest Services team for a full refund or a credit for use on another date. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

More information ≫ https://bit.ly/3u5Z93e

MissySki

Angel Diva
Revelstoke has posted a closure for tomorrow

⚠️ Important Update ⚠️

As a result of Covid-19 related circumstances, we are experiencing a staff shortage and are unable to open the mountain tomorrow, Wednesday, March 31. No lifts will be in operation and access to the mountain will be prohibited.

We will continue to assess the situation and provide further updates, but the safety of our staff and guests is our top priority. If you purchased a lift ticket for March 31, please contact our Guest Services team for a full refund or a credit for use on another date. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

More information ≫ https://bit.ly/3u5Z93e

Oh boy, that stinks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna