• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Copper Three Bears lift area

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm pretty sure they've changed a lot of the names since they put in the lift and I haven't skied it since its opened. Looking at the map, Summit Stash and Lalarookin are the easiest. They are basically just double black because the environment, not because of the steepness etc.. Pretty sure Summit stash used to be the Nacho? And Lalarookin was always named that but its basically a blue that the cat used to go up.

Bluestsky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They did change the names, but I have a map with old names and will match with new ones, so either are helpful...thanks!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorry, haven't skied Copper since before the holidays. Also heard they changed the names but I'm not familiar with the area so I'm not much help.

Bluestsky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks @Kimmyt and @Little Lightning While we're on the subject can you point some runs in ANY bowl and Union Meadows that are not killers? I love, for example Gold Digger and Retreat, but don't want to risk the unfamiliar terrain.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Go to the gate above Retreat and immediately turn right. There's a run that parallels Retreat and comes out lower on it. If you go farther you'll end up on the "Waterfall" which comes out on Soliloquy. I love Golddigger and Retreat. Also ski Kaboom although not very well.

Bluestsky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Little Lightning Got that and Kaboom. I ski nothing well :-)
Btw, we were at Copper today. Fantastic with the thick layer of fresh snow. The noon groomer was a bliss!

Last edited:

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Little Lightning Kaboom...got it. I ski nothing well :-)
Btw, we were at Copper today. Fantastic with the thick layer of fresh snow. The noon groomer was a bliss!
Great to hear they've added the noon groomer back. I don't like open faces so I enter Kaboom from the right, along the lift line then underneath it. When you get to the bottom cut to the right under the Onion Roll and ski over the face into the meadow. Then you turn to the left and back to the Sierra chair. Don't go down lower Kaboom because it's steep and often rocky.
Do you know about the gully off of Revenge?

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Great to hear they've added the noon groomer back. I don't like open faces so I enter Kaboom from the right off the chair, along the lift line then underneath it. When you get to the bottom cut to the right under the Onion Roll and ski over the face into the meadow. Then you turn to the left and back to the Sierra chair. Don't go down lower Kaboom because it's steep and often rocky.
Do you know about the gully off of Revenge?

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm actually super terrible with trail names, I rarely pay attention to them so I had to poke around the map a little. If you like the runs off of Union Meadows that you mentioned, I would check out Resolution Bowl. The top part is steep but short and after that its just kind of rolling terrain and bumps. Additionally, if you enter at the lower gate or go down Cabin Chute or Sawtooth you lose a lot of that steepness in the first part of the bowl that goes under the lift. The meadows in Union Meadows are fun and not steep at all, but the problem then is that you have to go through trees to funnel back down to Timberline and that can be sketchy if you're not comfortable and don't know the line. Hallelujah bowl below the Storm King and the rock garden below that on the left are fun and playful bumpy bowl areas as well that might be worth checking out. Additionally, most of the stuff between Blackjack lift and Mountain Chief back in Copper Bowl is pretty mellow if you don't mind bumps.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna