• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Compression Socks

Jenny

Angel Diva
Anyone have a good brand of compression socks they like? Bonus points if they're not hideous and I can get them from Amazon. I did get one pair at the medical supply store, so I had something to compare others to, but my ski socks are no longer the most expensive socks I’ve ever bought and I’d just as soon not spend that kind of cash on multiple pairs!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How much compression do you need? I sometimes wear Smartwool compression socks. I have several different pairs, probably all from Sierra Trading Post. Something along the lines of this: https://www.smartwool.com/shop/women-socks-compression

I also sometimes use the Smartwool compression sleeves when running (aka trotting at a civilized pace with walking involved!).

Jenny

Angel Diva
How much compression do you need? I sometimes wear Smartwool compression socks. I have several different pairs, probably all from Sierra Trading Post. Something along the lines of this: https://www.smartwool.com/shop/women-socks-compression

I also sometimes use the Smartwool compression sleeves when running (aka trotting at a civilized pace with walking involved!).
The ones the doctor prescribed say 20-30 mmHg on the package. Didn't know Smartwool made them, although I shouldn’t be surprised, I guess. We have an STP here in town, now, so I can go look. Would like to find some good quality, less expensive ones though!

@VickiK - I saw lots of cute ones on Amazon, too, but just want to make sure they aren't low quality, you know, like the ones I bought at the dollar store! Love the ones on your last link but too light - need to see if they come in stronger compression.

Apparently I’m supposed to wear them for 3-6 months.

Tvan

Angel Diva
Dr. Motion, available from Amazon. Recommended to me by my chiropractor. They come in a ton of patterns and colors. I’ve worn them for years!

Jenny

Angel Diva
Dr. Motion, available from Amazon. Recommended to me by my chiropractor. They come in a ton of patterns and colors. I’ve worn them for years!
Some of those are really nice looking. Not sure they come in the same strength as he prescribed, though, but I’m going to click through the choices again - I saw 8-15, and 15-20 . . .

Jenny

Angel Diva
Nice.

These are the ones I've been rockin' since the end of July:

1537370871827.png1537370879563.png1537370886460.png

These all look great handing out from the bottom of my skirts and capris!

1537370893881.png

Can't find the exact pair, but they're this design, in black and charcoal gray. My "serious" socks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna