• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

CO expands bus service to I-70 ski areas.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone knows that the traffic on I-70 going from Denver to the ski areas is dreadful. A typical 90-minute drive can turn into 4+ hours of traffic.

But there may be a solution: The Denver Post just announced the expansion of Colorado Department of Transportation’s (CDOT) new bus route called SnowStang, which will bring skiers and boarder directly to Arapahoe Basin and Loveland, possibly other resorts, too (Copper has also expressed interest), all in an effort to get more cars off I-70. Snowstang will operate on 40 dates from December to April, including weekends, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, the Martin Luther King holiday and President’s Day.

Bustang, a four-year-old CDOT program that uses money from vehicle registration fees to subsidize what fare revenue doesn’t cover, already runs regional buses from Denver to Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, Vail, Glenwood Springs and Grand Junction.

Here's a map of the new and improved bus route:

Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 10.51.09 AM.png

What do you think? Is this something you would use, or would you still drive?

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Very cool. Very timely. I was just wondering about transport up to Copper from downtown Denver in January. :smile:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Very cool. Very timely. I was just wondering about transport up to Copper from downtown Denver in January. :smile:
Hope it lasts this time. I gather bus service to the Front Range has been tried before.

Copper (on Ikon) hasn't committed yet. Certainly makes sense as a way to compete with VR's Breck and Keystone. When I drove from Denver (husband at professional conference) a few years ago just to take a look at the bases of Loveland, A-Basin, Keystone, and Copper, it helped to get a sense of the distances involved when there is no snow on the roads and no traffic.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna