• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Cloth Facemask Recommendations

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone order a facemask online from a place like Etsy? The choices are overwhelming! Looking for recommendations for a good 2 or 3 layer mask with a filter pocket and nose wire. (No, I don't sew.)

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva
Anyone order a facemask online from a place like Etsy? The choices are overwhelming! Looking for recommendations for a good 2 or 3 layer mask with a filter pocket and nose wire. (No, I don't sew.)

Are you friends with @gardenmary on Facebook? I ordered some from her friend Audene through there and they are great!

Last edited by a moderator:

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm interested in the question, too. I've just been wearing paper surgical masks, but I'm starting to get "mask envy" when I go out!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My friend Trish has been making masks. Free (she's donated bunches) but you make a donation. Cotton with a removable filter. Has wire to adjust the nose and they are made to be adjustable for the ears. I have two. @ski diva - You have met her mom, Joyce, at several demo days. I just don't know that anyone can order a specific fabric. Anyway: https://www.facebook.com/LiluLoveYou/

Tvan

Angel Diva
Another option is Hedley and Bennett. You purchase a cloth mask, they donate masks to front line organizations. It's a small, women-owned company that retooled their former production line (making high-end aprons which I now have on my Christmas list) in days and have churned out over 100k masks in short order. We have 6 (3 each - one to wear, one in the wash, one ready for next outing). Very comfortable. Pocket for filter, and she includes a pattern for cutting filters to fit. No nose wire, but someone clever could improvise. The H&B owner recommends double sided tape around the nose. I inserted nose wires and stitched them in place by hand.

https://www.hedleyandbennett.com/pages/wakeupandfightmask

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly