• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Closing Dates 2022

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
Our little ski home, Buffalo Ski Center, hasn't yet officially said today was the last day. But Kissing Bridge just up the road called it quits on Thursday and BSC was rough today. Minimal trails open, hours just 11-3. We went out, took 2 runs to say goodbye for the year, and packed it in because we were getting soaked by the mix of rain and snow that was falling. At least I got closure on the season!

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Aww bummer. I literally just booked tremblant for late April hoping it would hold out till then. I had plans to spend Easter break in Jay but decided to split the time between that and Tremblant. I guess I will finalize in two weeks — hoping for a late dump!
What dates were you thinking of? Tremblant is set to close April 18 (which I believe is Easter Monday). They won't be in full operation at the end (never are), but skiing is usually okay til the close. I almost always go closing day - last year this did involve some hiking over bare patches but I think there's more snow this year. Who knows...

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Montage and Elk in PA last days are today.

Luvs2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Things in Southern VT are pretty grim; Saturday's rain, thunderstorms :rolleyes: & warmer temps were NOT kind to the slopes. Stratton had originally said they were going to stay open until Easter weekend (4/17) this season. Although their groomers did an incredible job putting the mountain back together this weekend, I just cannot see how it will be possible to make it until mid April! If the warm temps continue or we get more rain, it will take a minor miracle to make it until April at all. :frown:

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you! Please do!
Thanks for letting me know - somehow I was thinking it would be a two hour hop over the border…. we plan to head out from NJ Easter weekend, hit Jay first then head to tremblant around Thursday. Looks like that’s an iffy plan. Either way I can wait another couple weeks given cancellation policies and see how things go. They do have that nice waterpark at Jay (is that worth a visit if there is no more skiing?) and we’ve always enjoyed the Tremblant village. Maybe do a couple days in Montreal and Quebec instead.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mont Ste Anne, usually goes longer. Might be a plan.
I think the year we met you Tremblant was open the week after Easter. Not a great snow year this year. Was just hoping we could salvage what was left of the season. We only got out 4 days vs our usual 20plus. Oh well. Fingers crossed for a late storm otherwise we will come up for some poutine and sightseeing.

Jilly

Staff member
I'm heading to Florida the last weekend of April, so sorry, couldn't care less if we're open.....
And yeah, considering Tremblant's been closed the last 2 years in April...it would be nice to see them at least make it to Easter.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed!!

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Tremblant is sometimes open after Easter, but this year Easter is late: April 17. They plan to close April 18 and I would guess they will last until then. It seems today the Edge is not open, but the rest is pretty much fully open. Plus it's sorta cold - not that they make any more snow - they stop that in January.

But if you're leaving NJ Easter weekend, then Tremblant will be closed by the time you would get there. Dunno about Jay. And yes, it's quite a drive from Jay to Tremblant. At least a couple of hours from Jay to Montreal and another couple from there to Tremblant. Not counting getting through the city. Anyway, it seems moot: last day at Tremblant is April 18, Easter Monday. Check out Mont Ste-Anne and/or le Massif. I know the latter has had a banner snow year.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tremblant is sometimes open after Easter, but this year Easter is late: April 17. They plan to close April 18 and I would guess they will last until then. It seems today the Edge is not open, but the rest is pretty much fully open. Plus it's sorta cold - not that they make any more snow - they stop that in January.

But if you're leaving NJ Easter weekend, then Tremblant will be closed by the time you would get there. Dunno about Jay. And yes, it's quite a drive from Jay to Tremblant. At least a couple of hours from Jay to Montreal and another couple from there to Tremblant. Not counting getting through the city. Anyway, it seems moot: last day at Tremblant is April 18, Easter Monday. Check out Mont Ste-Anne and/or le Massif. I know the latter has had a banner snow year.
Ok looks like it might make sense to head out a little earlier and try to be at tremblant 4/17-18 if the snow cover is still decent by then. Regardless we love the little village there so might end up going snow or no snow.

Jilly

Staff member
Once the ski season is over, Tremblant basically shuts down till the holiday in May. They have to keep some places open, but not all shops or restaurants will be. This is normal is the spring and fall. The restaurants need some time to do major repairs or redecorating. Shops move around the resort.

But once golf starts....it's go.

Since you were here - Casey's has closed and as of yet the new place hasn't open. Coco Pazzo's too.

Not trying to discourage you, just letting in on some locals knowledge. The main village is not an issue, just the resort one.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks! Very Helpful. All the more reason to try to catch the last couple days if we go at all then. :smile: we have missed Tremblant so much the last couple years!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna