• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Closing Dates 2022

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Sigh. It's that time of year again -- time to talk about closing dates. The season goes by too fast.

Okemo is talking April 17, but I don't know how they're going to make it. It's been way too warm here in Vermont. And there's supposed to be rain AGAIN this weekend.

Here are projected closing dates, as they stand now, for resorts in Colorado.

Hesperus: March 20
Buttermilk: April 3
Crested Butte: April 3
Granby: April 3
Howelsen: April 3
Powderhorn: April 3
Sunlight: April 3
Aspen Highlands: April 10
Monarch: April 10
Beaver Creek: April 17
Cooper: April 17
Echo: April 17
Eldora: April 17
Keystone: April 17
Purgatory: April 17
Aspen: April 24
Copper Mountain: April 24
Vail: May 1
Loveland: May 8
Breckenridge: May 30
Arapahoe Basin: mid-June (TBD)

And here are the projected closing dates for Utah:

Alta Ski Area: April 17
Beaver Mountain: TBD
Brian Head: April 17
Cherry Peak: TBD
Deer Valley: April 17
Eagle Point: April 3
Nordic Valley: TBD
Park City Mountain Resort: April 17
Powder Mountain: April 10
Snowbasin: April 10
Snowbird: TBD
Solitude: TBD
Sundance: TBD
Woodward Park City: TBD

If you know of any closing dates, post 'em here.

marzNC

Angel Diva
After March 20, the only resort that will still be open in the southeast (NC, TN, VA, WV) will be Snowshoe. Snowshoe is going until March 27.

Only Massanutten is still open in VA, with closing day March 20. Beech and Cataloochee in NC intend to open after March 20. Sugar hasn't announced anything yet, per usual.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Heavenly - April 24
Northstar - April 17
Kirkwood - May 1

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jackson Hole April 10th, fingers crossed. So sad.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Still a number of TBD for Utah. Deer Valley and Park City closings seems a bit later than usual. Perhaps because Easter is relatively late and on April 17. Solitude seems to be trying to join Alta and Snowbird as late April options.

2021–22 Winter Season Closing Dates​

Alta : April 17, 2022 + three bonus days April 22nd-24th
Beaver : to be announced
Brian Head : April 17, 2022
Brighton : to be announced
Cherry Peak : to be announced
Deer Valley : April 17, 2022
Eagle Point : to be announced
Nordic Valley : to be announced
Park City Mountain : April 17, 2022
Powder Mountain : to be announced
Snowbasin : April 10, 2022
Snowbird : to be announced
Solitude : late April / early May
Sundance : to be announced
Woodward Park City : to be announced

shadoj

Angel Diva
Southern Minnesota / Twin Cities area nearing the end: Welch Village, Afton Alps, and Buck Hill have a projected last day of this Sunday, March 20th. Pond Skip @ Welch & Spring Fling @ Buck on the 19th.

Giant's Ridge has regular hours through March 20th, then into spring schedule, closing TBD.
Spirit Mountail (Duluth) has their spring event (SMASH) March 26-7; closing TBD.

Lutsen will probably hold up through the end of April, with a last day of April 10 and weekends through May 1, if weather agrees. Good snowpack this year, so might just make it!

SkiBam

Angel Diva
)I think I might have jinxed Tremblant. The day after I posted, we had a couple of days of warm temps (which, sadly, I wasn't able to take advantage of), followed by rain (which it's doing now). Mountain is no longer fully open so we'll see how it goes.

Jilly

Staff member
Trees/glades are not open. Not skiing today in the rain and high winds. We'll see as some snow is still in the forecast.

Jilly

Staff member
Lots of the smaller hills in Ontario are closing today. That isn't that unusual as spring break is over today. There is no snow in peoples back yards, so they are thinking golf, baseball, gardens, whatever. Happens every year and if they did open, no one would show up anyways.

Collingwood area has more snow so they should last another week or 2.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Aww bummer. I literally just booked tremblant for late April hoping it would hold out till then. I had plans to spend Easter break in Jay but decided to split the time between that and Tremblant. I guess I will finalize in two weeks — hoping for a late dump!

MissySki

Angel Diva
Sunday River is showing April 24. Skiing will be free that day and you can already get tickets online if interested. They’ll only have Barker open at that point.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Lots of the smaller hills in Ontario are closing today. That isn't that unusual as spring break is over today. There is no snow in peoples back yards, so they are thinking golf, baseball, gardens, whatever. Happens every year and if they did open, no one would show up anyways.
Similar situation in the southeast, except is happens a week or two after Pres. Day weekend is over in February. The first weekend of March is often when resorts schedule special events to encourage people to plan a last ski trip. Even if there is decent snow for another 2-3 weeks, very few people make the drive in March.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna