• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Closing dates 2021

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I almost hate to post this, but resorts are coming out with their closing dates.

In Vermont, Okemo is closing April 4 and Stowe on April 12.

This is from Ski Utah:

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 9.18.19 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
I think ski areas/resorts in the southeast (NC/TN/VA/WV) are hoping to get in at least three more weeks. Snowmaking in Jan-Feb has resulted in pretty deep bases on core trails.

I get the impression that March 21 will be closing day for a number of places in PA. The recent warm snap melted a lot of snow. But snowmaking is happening when possible this week.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here are are closing dates for a few Epic locations.

EPIC CLOSING DATES as of March 1, 2021

3/14: midwest locations except Afton Alps
3/21: Afton Alps
3/21: Whitetail, Liberty, Roundtop
3/28: Jack Frost/Big Boulder

4/4: Keystone
4/4: Beaver Creek
4/4: Crested Butte
4/11: Vail
5/31: Breckenridge

Christy

Angel Diva
Vail said they are closing Stevens on April 4th. Apparently they don't like to extend? That will be the earliest closing around--even the 3 lower elevation Snoqualmie areas close later--and with a 140% snowpack, they are going to feel silly leaving all that snow just lying there.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Wachusett is now listing April 4 as their closing day.
Given that is Easter this year, I would guess there are other places hoping to make it that long as well. I've heard it's a stretch goal for Massanutten but would probably be just the weekend.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I’m hoping Sunday River does their Easter Sunrise ceremony at the Peak this year :goodluck:. It’s such a lovely non denomination ceremony, I missed it last season since we all had to close early.

Posse Mama

Certified Ski Diva
This season has brought the biggest weekday skiers/riders ever seen. The resorts do not have an incentive to extend the season. I understand their decision to have a clear plan in place but it breaks my heart.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I rode the chair with someone today who said Okemo is closing on the fourth and almost immediately starting their lift upgrade. We shall see if that is the case. But I had heard they were expected to pay for the lift ahead of time on another day on another chair. So plausible but not confirmed.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
A number of Vail resorts extended their seasons today: Mount Snow (VT), Sunapee (NH), Keystone (CO), Vail, and Beaver Creek.

Here are the latest closing dates for Colorado resorts:

Aspen Highlands – 4/4/21
Buttermilk – 4/4/21
Crested Butte – 4/4/21
Telluride – 4/4/21
Keystone – 4/11/21
Beaver Creek – 4/11/21
Steamboat – 4/11/21
Aspen Mountain (Ajax) – 4/18/21
Aspen Snowmass – 4/18/21
Vail – 4/18/21
Winter Park – 4/25/21
Breckenridge – 5/31/21
Arapahoe Basin – TBD

marzNC

Angel Diva
This season has brought the biggest weekday skiers/riders ever seen. The resorts do not have an incentive to extend the season. I understand their decision to have a clear plan in place but it breaks my heart.
Which region are you thinking about? In the southeast, all the ski areas/resorts are extending as much as possible given the recent snowmaking temps. It's going to be very warm (60s) this week, but making it to March 21 and beyond is very much of interest because it's actually been a very good season for new people to check out what sliding on snow is all about.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting. What is happening for Stowe and Okemo? Sticking with the original plan?

I don't know about Stowe -- I think they were scheduled for April 12, and I haven't heard that's changed -- but Okemo is sticking to April 4. They have some major projects scheduled for the off season, and I think they're pretty anxious to get them going.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna