• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Climbing divas

B

B.E.G.

Kimmy - I'm a big yoga person so sounds like a great fit for me! :smile: And I definitely need to work on more upper body strength - that's my weakness! I think rock climbing would be perfect for that :smile:

climbingbetty

Angel Diva
End of rock season, waiting for winter

I just got what I'm pretty sure will be my last day out on rock in the Gunks. It was pretty dark c-c-c-cold yesterday and unless a warming trend happens, its time to hang up the rock rack and get out the ice tools. And skis. I'm not going to know what to do this winter- ski or ice climb! Anyone else do both. How do you find a balance? My basic strategy is this: if I have a partner for ice climbing, I'll ice climb. Otherwise, I'll go skiing.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I went ice climbing last year but decided not to get into it for that very reason. Also, swinging around pointy things did not work for my clothing. :smile: Poor puffy coat came home from the Ouray ice festival covered in nylon tape.

I will have a similar predicament though with regular climbing and skiing, because around here it's sunny enough to climb throughout the winter. I guess we'll just choose by the weather and what we feel like doing on any given day. There are worse problems to have than choosing what activity to do on a given day! (Talk about your first world problems, huh?)

Seattle Gal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Climbingbetty - I wish we lived next to each other - we could ski to our objective, climb, then ski out. :smile: I'm new to iceclimbing and dont love it enough to forgo ski days. But I do love to tour and my friends tell me there are lots of ice climbs in WA that you ski too. So I will likely tag along on a few of those trips. :smile:
And if you are ever in WA holler - we have some amazing alpine rock routes in the summer. :smile:

climbingbetty

Angel Diva
SG- careful- I might actually take you up on that one day :-)

Seattle Gal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I walked into my favorite ski/guide shop to scope out new touring bindings, and walked out with a new set of Black Diamond cams! They were 35% off!!!!!!!!! (Black Diamond cams are never on sale, and on the rare chance they are, its never more than about 15%).

Needless to say, the Dynafit bindings are going to have to wait another month or two now. :becky:

Seattle Gal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ice is in at my ski hill! We road the lift up, skied off to the side of the first chair and ice climbed till the lift lines died out. Then skied more. It was a pretty fantastic day.

I love Washington. :smile:

Attachments

• IMAGE_006.jpg
    IMAGE_006.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1

Kari_P

Certified Ski Diva
Any Keene, NH area climbers? I've been working at the new YMCA facility for a few months now running climbing classes, organized a successful climbing festival there, and am climbing regularly at the YMCA and making trips to Hadley or Manchester every so often. I've amped up interest in the area and we have a great climbing community (with a good number of female climbers), but I'm always interested in meeting more people who are into climbing and further developing the climbing community in the area.

If any ski divas make their way up to NH and need a climbing buddy, feel free to look me up.

climbingbetty

Angel Diva
Kari_P
I'm not in Keene... but I get up to NH to climb at few times a year. Would love to meet up with some other ladies to climb with. Do you climb mostly sport or trad?
Also, FWIW- I live 20 minutes from the Gunks, so if you ever find yourself in the area or planning a trip down this way, I'm happy to give you the local beta and/or be a climbing partner as much as my schedule allows, provided you need one. :-)

Kari_P

Certified Ski Diva
Sweet. I've mostly followed trad before, doing multi-pitch routes in North Conway, but am hoping to start leading soon and would be interested in both sport and trad routes. Right now my outdoor climbing is pretty much limited to top-rope routes that are walk-off or can be set by a top approach or seconding. I only recently got back into climbing on a regular basis, so didn't get in much more than a couple of outdoor climbs this fall.

climbingbetty

Angel Diva
Well, I'll lead up to 5.6 trad at the Gunks. I have my own rack. I'd like to get up to Rumney some more this year and work on leading some bolder stuff on bolts.

Kari_P

Certified Ski Diva
Sweet. Definitely let me know when you are up this way. I'm happy to go out and climb, second, spot, whatever, I just like being out and about.

I grew up in New Jersey just south of the NY border so have been wanting to get to the Gunks at some point because they are only a couple of hours from my mom's house. I've never actually been there (although I went skydiving in New Paltz and the view of them from up high was pretty cool), so it's on my list.

climbingbetty

Angel Diva
Well, anytime you're down let me know. Like I said, I'll trad lead up to 5.6, so we can hit up some of the classic lines like Horseman, High E, Disneyland, etc. if it's not too crowded :redface:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna