• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

City Recommendations & Tips

I went to Edinburgh for the first time last November and was blown away. We just flew up for the day from London but I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED that little bit of Scotland I saw. I've been told the highlands are incredible but I thought Edinburgh was pretty magnificent. We just walked about, spent some time at the Christmas festival, grabbed some food and chatted up some locals and had a blast. We also walked around town, went to a lovely castle and had some Scotch in a pub. So much fun.

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love Edinburgh, I think I've been a bit spoiled living in Edinburgh and Munich as they are 2 amazing cities that people all over the world want to visit. If you are ever in Scotland again you need to go to the west coast, Glencoe is stunning, one of the most atmospheric places I have ever been anywhere in the world.

Glencoe.jpg

glencoe123-574x380.jpg

I'm doing a mini Scotland trip this summer and Staffa is top of my list of places to visit

jkg4z-06-6-Fingals-Cave.jpg

alicie

Angel Diva
• Where do you live? Where have you lived? Where are you originally from?
I'm living in Aberdeen in the UK at the moment, was in Munich, Germany for 3 years before that, Edinburgh UK for 10 years before that and grew up in a small town in central Scotland.
• Name a few things that makes your city great.
I don't like it at all, sorry @alicie! Ok you can see Dolphins anytime you want in the harbour, the coastline near here is beautiful and there are loads of lovely mountains very close by. I actually think Aberdeen is reasonably diverse for such a small city (c.200,000?), we're in Europe so I don't expect to have a large African or Asian population but I hear a lot of different languages when I walk about.

•.....and not so great?

The oil. Everything is crazy expensive, I feel Aberdeen city has all the drawbacks of a city with none of the benefits. I've heard it described as a big village before and I kind of agree. I would rather live in a big city with all the benefits and drawbacks of that or a small village, Aberdeen is just in between.
The climate, Scotland isn't know for it's great climate but it is sooooo cold here.
I think the city centre is kind of crappy, again no stand out city centre bit.
It's near 2 of Scotland's 5 ski resorts, unfortunately all the more exciting skiing is on the other coast which is a long drive away.

• Do you foresee a lot of change coming (economics/diversity/development, etc...) ?

There are massive lay offs in the Oil industry just no but I have no idea what this will mean long term.

• Name cities/regions you are interested in living.
I just got a job in central Scotland so am moving back to Edinburgh for the short term then probably more out into the countryside/nearer west (for the better skiing :smile: ) Long term I would love to end up back in Bavaria or Austria.

I don't really like it either. I very rarely go into town, can't remember the last time. I tend to only go to the beach.
Town is ridiculously disorganised but I don't mind I never go shopping anyway. It's also very grey and the rain on Tuesday.

@lynseyf DH loves scotland. Where is the bottom picture from, thats gorgeous also, Staffa?. DH us wondering if you have ever been to the ferie glen just outside of Oig? Its been years since hes been thereso his names might be off.

Sky and harris Islands are also favorites of his.

alicie

Angel Diva
@lynseyf DH loves scotland. Where is the bottom picture from, thats gorgeous also, Staffa?. DH us wondering if you have ever been to the ferie glen just outside of Oig? Its been years since hes been thereso his names might be off.

The bottom picture is fingals cave on Staffa, I'm pretty sure.
If you're meaning the fairy/faerie Glen near uig on Skye, then that place is very pretty. I'm going to Skye in about 2 weeks, it's the best place in the world.

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

The bottom picture is fingals cave on Staffa, I'm pretty sure.
If you're meaning the fairy/faerie Glen near uig on Skye, then that place is very pretty. I'm going to Skye in about 2 weeks, it's the best place in the world.

Yes Fingals cave on Staffa and no never been to the Faerie Glen near Uig but we are doig an Island trip next week so might pop in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly