• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Channeling my inner elderly Italian guy....BOCCE!

Woohoo! We're undefeated after 2 games!

Tonight, our field was rather bumpy, with a slope and low-lying branches, to boot. Oh, and fading light, as we played from 7:30 to 8:30pm. But Bocce and Bow Ties overcame adversity and prevailed. And then we drank some beer.

See....now if this was me, I'd be drinking the beer PRIOR to the game! I STINK at sports....except skiing....and Golf.....and Bowling!!! :D

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
See....now if this was me, I'd be drinking the beer PRIOR to the game! I STINK at sports....except skiing....and Golf.....and Bowling!!! :D

NVG - those aren't bad sports to be good at. Those are classics!

It's all about drinking DURING the game. The one-handed throwing rule. :beer:

Jenny

Angel Diva
Last night was our first bocce game! Our team is Bocce and Bow Ties, and our color is the ever intimidating light pink. So, the guys showed up in dress shirts and pink bow ties last night! And flasks, of course. The women showed up wearing pearls. I think next week I will need to find my tennis skirt and a cardigan. Oh yes, and we won, 16-6. Did you know that there are actually pretty intricate rules for this game? Holy cow.

I'd love to see some team pictures! Are you going to have a formal night - tuxes and evening gowns?

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd love to see some team pictures! Are you going to have a formal night - tuxes and evening gowns?

2476658887_5e1f507b4b_d.jpg
2477473026_0c1b51441c.jpg

Still undefeated after week three! The guys remembered their outfits, but the gals forgot the pearls. I figured the turquoise shorts would have to do.

Jenny

Angel Diva
VERY nice - thanks for posting!

It sounds like a lot of fun - all we seem to have around here is softball or golf.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Alright, ladies (and male lurkers)....as of tonight, my team, Bocce & Bowties is undefeated for the regular season, which is pretty humorous for a group of people who don't care about bocce (but are otherwise competitive) in a league where bocce is an excuse for drinking. Two weeks of playoffs kick off next week. Woohoo!

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's awesome! I always thought Bocce was kind of a crap-shoot (at least how I play - I suck), so you guys must have some serious Bocce skillz. :thumbsup:

Love the outfits. :D

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
and bocce is a great river trip and camping trip game, with those colored balls. I suck at it...but it's a fun drinking game.

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I played Boccia (italian) last year with some guys of a Boccia Club from Brescia (north italy) on the beach. With my partner I won a few rounds against much better players!
A game that is fun to play!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna