• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Challenging Ski Boot Situation

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
It is for someone who is only 5’1” and 95 lbs.! My grandpa told me that it was a good thing I had big feet so I wouldn’t blow away. Lol
I see.... :redface:

Well, your grandpa might be right.

My feet are extremely floppy, LV. My feet are 23.5cm, which might be on the smaller side for my height. I have been unstable. Ha!
I am Japanese. Most Japanese people have feet like potatoes, thick/round, the opposite of mine. They called my feet "princes feet', narrowish/thin/very boney, which gave me extremely hard time finding any shoes that fit well all my life. Not a good thing at all.
On top of everything, my arches are high. I have had tired feet all my life. Exhausting even writing about them. Ugh. I always had to MACGYVER most of shoes I wore. In fact, all my boots previous to the current Redster, had 6 thin incers.
Ridiculous. :nono:

Last edited:

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Yeah for sure! Lou does carry Rossi but Rossi doesn't seem to have adult boots with a regular cuff below a 120. Looks like they start the short cuff <120 which is weird since Lange does not do that and I know they're owned by the same company!
Rossi makes many models below 120 with the regular cuff hight. Maybe your Lou did not carry them.
Most regular resort skiers would not be able to wear boots that are 120 and higher.

Elizabeth.I

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Rossi makes many models below 120 with the regular cuff hight. Maybe your Lou did not carry them.
Most regular resort skiers would not be able to wear boots that are 120 and higher.
Yeah, its just having the boot narrow enough. I tried on the women's 120 pure elite rossi a couple days ago and the flex and cuff felt great but the stated 98mm last was too wide :/

elemmac

Angel Diva
I tried on the women's 120 pure elite rossi a couple days ago and the flex and cuff felt great but the stated 98mm last was too wide :/
Rossignol is generally known for having a roomy narrow-lasted boot. Some people are able to get away with dropping down a full size in them. As long as the boot itself isn't too short, dropping a size would essentially be the same thing as dropping from a 100mm to a 98mm boot (or a 98mm to a 96mm), due to each size boot being 2mm narrower than the one above it.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Yeah, its just having the boot narrow enough. I tried on the women's 120 pure elite rossi a couple days ago and the flex and cuff felt great but the stated 98mm last was too wide :/
For you and me, there is no chance in recreational boots category. I have tried every single boots that were candidates. I am not kidding.

Elizabeth.I

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For you and me, there is no chance in recreational boots category. I have tried every single boots that were candidates. I am not kidding.
Yeah, I'm going to have to figure out where to find some of the other race boots around Calgary. Maybe go to banff...we'll see. I went to a different bootfitter in the city on Friday and inquired about race boots and the guy just brushed me off saying I didn't need race boots. Didn't even measure my foot! At least Lou treats ladies with respect and takes you seriously! I got so fired up after meeting with that other guy haha. Might also resort to ordering the redsters off the internet and asking Lou to fit them. Sounds like you've had a lot of luck with them!

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Yeah, I'm going to have to figure out where to find some of the other race boots around Calgary. Maybe go to banff...we'll see. I went to a different bootfitter in the city on Friday and inquired about race boots and the guy just brushed me off saying I didn't need race boots. Didn't even measure my foot! At least Lou treats ladies with respect and takes you seriously! I got so fired up after meeting with that other guy haha. Might also resort to ordering the redsters off the internet and asking Lou to fit them. Sounds like you've had a lot of luck with them!
So far, they are the best boots ever for me. I absolutely have no complain. I love them.
Order STI and CS in your size to try on. I do not think you need Lou for these boots.
Thrn, return what uou do not want to keep.
Both of those stores I mentioned Carey them. Just wait till they get them in for the upcoming season. You will find a pair you would love this season, I trust!

Michelle P

Certified Ski Diva
I am by certain not an expert skier (though my husband wishes for that day to be sooner than ....never?), but I can throw out my experience. Last season I got my first pair of new boots -- the old used ones I had fit very loose and caused discomfort in both my shin as well as my ankle.

I too have a very narrow foot, and while not quite as small as yours is pretty small as well as VERY thin calves. I am 5'6. I was recommended by a ski shop fitter the Lange RX 80 W LV Ski Boots - Women's 2021 25.5, Black/Pearl. It was an honest recommendation, IMHO, since they didn't sell them.

Of course the lining of a new boot helps and these didn't disappoint -- the plushiness really filled in any questionable gaps for me. So, we'll see what happens when the lining is more packed down.

All the same, I loved the way they felt -- so this year I am on the hunt for a new pair of skis that will make me more confident in the abilities that my husband believes that I have (wishful thinking)?

Elizabeth.I

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am by certain not an expert skier (though my husband wishes for that day to be sooner than ....never?), but I can throw out my experience. Last season I got my first pair of new boots -- the old used ones I had fit very loose and caused discomfort in both my shin as well as my ankle.

I too have a very narrow foot, and while not quite as small as yours is pretty small as well as VERY thin calves. I am 5'6. I was recommended by a ski shop fitter the Lange RX 80 W LV Ski Boots - Women's 2021 25.5, Black/Pearl. It was an honest recommendation, IMHO, since they didn't sell them.

Of course the lining of a new boot helps and these didn't disappoint -- the plushiness really filled in any questionable gaps for me. So, we'll see what happens when the lining is more packed down.

All the same, I loved the way they felt -- so this year I am on the hunt for a new pair of skis that will make me more confident in the abilities that my husband believes that I have (wishful thinking)?
Thank you for sharing your experience! You are right that those boots are narrow! Unfortunately a 80 flex is too soft for me but thanks for the recommendation! I can't use the liner to take up the extra volume because it'll pack out in a month and I'll lose performance. I need a good, tight shell fit. My current boots actually have really slim liners which is a good thing from a performance standpoint (not so much for warmth though)!

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I see.... :redface:

Well, your grandpa might be right.

My feet are extremely floppy, LV. My feet are 23.5cm, which might be on the smaller side for my height. I have been unstable. Ha!
I am Japanese. Most Japanese people have feet like potatoes, thick/round, the opposite of mine. They called my feet "princes feet', narrowish/thin/very boney, which gave me extremely hard time finding any shoes that fit well all my life. Not a good thing at all.
On top of everything, my arches are high. I have had tired feet all my life. Exhausting even writing about them. Ugh. I always had to MACGYVER most of shoes I wore. In fact, all my boots previous to the current Redster, had 6 thin incers.
Ridiculous. :nono:
I feel your foot pain. (11AAA. ). Good luck

Elizabeth.I

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Michelle P , the right skis can make all the difference! My boyfriend convinced me to try some blizzard bonafides a few years back and it totally transformed my skiing. They were so stiff and damp that they just plowed through everything which gave me the confidence to ski faster and more aggressively! Turns out my previous skis were too soft! Not that I'd necessarily recommend the bonafides for you (since I don't know your ability level) but point being is the right ski can really make a difference!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna