• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Chairlift Safety Bars

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Did you straddle the pegs? The new lift at Tremblant is a 4 pack and the legs goes between yours. No issue with little kids sliding off.
Every time I get on that lift, I chuckle. The first time I rode it (with my friend Jarmila) we were just two and carefully positioned ourselves between the bits that come down. Then wondered where the foot rest was. It was only after riding it twice and then watching others get on that we realized the bit that comes down goes between your legs! Duh! Yeah, for sure you can't fall off that lift.

IceHeeler

Angel Diva
In the case of the Sunnyside lift at Winter Park, it has pegs for each leg, inside and out, not just a center peg. It's a little strange.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Jilly If they are anything like the ones in Jackson Hole's beginner chair, each leg has room all the way to the top of the safety bar and it basically comes down some of the way between the legs but the space for both legs has not changed any. 99 per cent of people would be fine, I suspect the others would have issues on a normal chairlift with safety bar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna