• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Chairlift Etiquette

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Planting poles right in between my skis as we are getting off the chairlift. No joke, that happened. This person planted his pole right in between my skis, I tripped over it, fell, and hit my head on the chair seat. That's why we wear helmets, right?

I've had this happen, too (without the falling part), and I yelled at the person who did it.

I've also sat next to someone who skated off the lift. Of course, this is great when you are solo. But when the chair is packed, if you skate you are either pushing into someone else's ski, under it, or over it. None of those are great options. Pretty sure I yelled at this person, too.

seriesofcontradictions

Diva in Training
Kids screaming / shouting to their friends on chairs in front or behind them. I ski to get into nature and relax, not to listen to your ear-splitting shrieks.

Also, people who congregate at the entrance to the lift line waiting for their friends, blocking the entrance to the line for everyone else. Either move through the line, or stand out of the way.

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
Let’s add spitting to the list. Shared a not so lovely ride on the summit triple at Attitash this morning with two-brains-not-yet developed teenage boys. It wasn’t skiable terrain but I was completely grossed out. Spitting in public, regardless of gender, is a huge pet peeve.
!
Thank you! I was so totally disgusted with some young man at Mount Snow walked past the drinking fountain and hocked a big loogie into it in the dining area. What is wrong with people? Disgusting!

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
NYSnowflake said:
Thank you! I was so totally disgusted with some young man at Mount Snow walked past the drinking fountain and hocked a big loogie into it in the dining area. What is wrong with people? Disgusting!

OMG...that is truly disgusting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly