• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Cataloochee: Maggie Valley, NC

marzNC

Angel Diva
Hey @snowski/swimmouse , when was the last time you skied at Cat? They got 14-15 inches from the latest storm. Saw some video on the Weather Channel from Cat this morning (while sitting in a hotel room near Boston.) Looks great!

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Hey @snowski/swimmouse , when was the last time you skied at Cat? They got 14-15 inches from the latest storm. Saw some video on the Weather Channel from Cat this morning (while sitting in a hotel room near Boston.) Looks great!
I was there a couple weeks ago to warm up for my Steamboat trip. Steamboat was best ever with fabulous snow for us all last week. I headed out of there at 3:45 Saturday morning. I've had 5 sets reservation to get home. 3 were cancelled before I left Denver so I was stuck there awhile. Then I got to Dallas but got stuck there for Saturday night. I flew here to Charlotte yesterday morning, but they said they couldn't get me out of here until Tuesday. At midnight the head of customer service came by and I pounced on him; He got me on a flight home this afternoon finally.
But, I DO plan to ski CAT this week. They've got like a six foot base and as rare as it is, I know the meadow was open yesterday, though I don't know for how long. It should be awesome at Cataloochee this week! EEK! :ski2:

marzNC

Angel Diva
But, I DO plan to ski CAT this week. They've got like a six foot base and as rare as it is, I know the meadow was open yesterday, though I don't know for how long. It should be awesome at Cataloochee this week! EEK! :ski2:
Ah yes, the Meadow. There was a little talk about that on SkiSE during the fall. I haven't made it to Cat yet. Won a free lift ticket once but it's hard to justify driving an extra two hours to ski 25 acres instead of going to Sugar or Beech if I'm skiing in the NC mountains.

I was there a couple weeks ago to warm up for my Steamboat trip. Steamboat was best ever with fabulous snow for us all last week. I headed out of there at 3:45 Saturday morning. I've had 5 sets reservation to get home. 3 were cancelled before I left Denver so I was stuck there awhile. Then I got to Dallas but got stuck there for Saturday night. I flew here to Charlotte yesterday morning, but they said they couldn't get me out of here until Tuesday. At midnight the head of customer service came by and I pounced on him; He got me on a flight home this afternoon finally.
Glad you can get home today. The Weather Channel has had a reporter at the Charlotte airport all weekend.

Much more fun to watch the Weather Channel about big snow in NC instead of a hurricane.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Glad you can get home today. The Weather Channel has had a reporter at the Charlotte airport all weekend."

Hmm, Haven't seen them, but I haven't left concourse D and or its bar in the past 24 hours since it's nicer here than E where I'm going now.

"Much more fun to watch the Weather Channel about big snow in NC instead of a hurricane.

Much agreed! Especially since I worked Hurricanes Florence & Michael for Red Cross for most of September and October!!!!!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Paying attention to Cat since I got an Indy Pass and plan to get there at least a couple days. Have looked that the webcams for years but haven't ever skied there.

Looking good on opening day, Nov. 3, 2019!

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 11.41.08 AM.jpg

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
I've been watching closely myself and hope to start my season there on Tuesday. This weekend I've been getting the ski stuff out and organizing. Typically in January and February I ski Tuesday thru Thursday there with the Women On Wednesday Program in the middle. This Web cam shows it's pretty thin, but they'll be able to make snow both tonight and tomorrow night.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I've been watching closely myself and hope to start my season there on Tuesday. This weekend I've been getting the ski stuff out and organizing. Typically in January and February I ski Tuesday thru Thursday there with the Women On Wednesday Program in the middle. This Web cam shows it's pretty thin, but they'll be able to make snow both tonight and tomorrow night.
Hey there! Sorry, Cat won't be open Tue, 11/5. Guess they want to make as much daytime snow as possible and do grooming without having to manage guests and lifts at the same time.

11/3/19, Cataloochee Snow Conditions
YES, WE’RE OPEN! We will be open today from 8:30am – 4:30pm on three slopes from midstation down with a base of 2-8” with some bare spots present.

We will not operate during the week from November 4 – November 8 and plan to reopen on Saturday, November 9.

Today we will be day skiing only from 8:30am – 4:30pm with a morning or afternoon half day rate available as well. Weekday rates are in effect.

Tube World located in Maggie Valley, across from Ghost Town in the Sky, four miles from the ski area is not open at this time.

See you on the hill!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Snowguns on full blast at Cat this morning! Really cold temps for this time of year in the forecast during the next week. Great for building base before Thanksgiving week. :brr:

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 10.18.00 AM.jpg

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No skiing for me last weekend b/c Cat lost snow since it was in the 60s and were closed Sun. They have been blowing a couple nights so hopefully will open again this weekend.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Cat could make a little more snow at night before the big weekend. Swap & sale on Sat, 07Dec, and then Can-U-Ski & Coat Drive on Sun, 08Dec. Then a short warm up, hopefully followed by a longer cold spell. Should be in good shape for the holidays.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Less crowded than I expected even late morning on Sunday. But the clouds first thing might have kept some people away before 10am or so. By noon, it was definitely pretty busy given the limited terrain.

Icy up top all morning. Good coverage though. Only saw a few tufts of grass showing by the time I took a last run around noon.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Glad you had a good one and thanks for keeping us up on CAT. Arrived last night in Steamboat for six day race camp-best value in existence and great fun...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly