• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Cancelling Reservations due to Conditions

Jilly

Staff member
For those of you that live/work in the mountains, just how are the conditions. I left Tremblant today in the rain and warm temps. I'm hearing that people are starting to cancell trips because of the conditions. :mad: Are things any better in the states? If people still want to ski, can't get flights/reservations for west, just where are they going to get to ski. Many of the Quebec resorts are reporting limited coverage and some are closing at least for the week. (school is not out till the weekend this year - YEAH!!!) One major resort in Ontario didn't open today and they only had 3 runs open (out of 50) anyways! Any thoughts???

Jilly

Staff member
Yeah, just rub it in there. Long range forecast is calling for snow, Christmas day!! We haven't had anything in weeks except this liquid stuff. Should never have put the boat away!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I was at Killington over the weekend and it was *ok*. Very slushy - felt like spring skiing, except with less trails open (har har). A lot of areas had grass and rocks popping through, especially at the bottom. As long as you stayed up top, though, and could ski what few blacks they had open, it was pretty decent. Considering the amount of snow they've had this year (practically none) and what the temps have been (mid-40's), I really can't complain too much. It's amazing what they can do with snowmaking.

The silver lining was that the slushy snow got pushed into nice soft bumps by the afternoon, so the beginners went elsewhere and I got some easy bump practice in. :smile:

I can't go for the next two week due to holiday stuff, so hopefully by the weekend of Jan 5th they'll have gotten some snow and will have a lot more open. Then, Utah! Woo!

Jilly

Staff member
Tremblant was the same. Nice slushy bumps to start the year out on. But the beginners also decided they wanted to try them and in one spot it was the only way through to the bottom. At the last pitch before the village there is a run out or the bumps. Why do beginners think they can ski bumps (in their wide track wedges) and must take this way down when there is an easier way out. And its marked with big flags!! But Saturday was great too. Sunday RAIN. What I was wondering was if people are cancelling due to the conditions because there is no where else except out west that is any better??!! The Tremblant-insider is recommending that people not cancel, but demand a better price or some perks to keep them coming. Since the strike last year, Tremblant's had enough problems, it really doesn't need Mother Nature to add to it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna