• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Can you suggest some new skis?

ArmyWife

Certified Ski Diva
What do you think of the ATOMIC LADY PULS B11 or Head Lightening IM SRF? Found a couple of good deals on those.

eng_ch

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
ArmyWife said:
What do you think of the ATOMIC LADY PULS B11 or Head Lightening IM SRF? Found a couple of good deals on those.

Presumably they'll be a good deal because they're at least 2 years old?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
eng_ch said:
Presumably they'll be a good deal because they're at least 2 years old?
Both of those skis are two years old, eng_ch, but do you know if the technology has changed much on either of those?

I believe the Atomic is still the same as the B11, but I don't know much about head skis.
I'll check with my source on the atomic changes.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SnowHot said:
Both of those skis are two years old, eng_ch, but do you know if the technology has changed much on either of those?

I believe the Atomic is still the same as the B11, but I don't know much about head skis.
I'll check with my source on the atomic changes.
Okay, I checked with my ski gear encyclopedia (AKA Phil)
He said the Atomic Lady Puls B11 is the ladies version of the SX10.

ArmyWife

Certified Ski Diva
Yes, both skis are new 05 models. I'm not one of those people who needs the latest and greatest, as long as they are good skis. I'm ashamed to say I am still skiing on my OLD straight K2s. They are so old I don't remember how old they are (maybe 10?) YIKES. But I love them anyway.

I just want something new to cruise the blues on and occasionally hit a black to get my blood pumping. No speed demon here--my bones are getting way too old for that. I just enjoy being out there!

But I'd like sometihng to encourage me to spend more time on those blacks, too. If only I lived closer to the snow...Maybe some day!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Army wife, you've got the right idea
You don't necessarily need the latest and greatest, but when a ski company recycles names (not exact but similar names) for ski models, it makes it interesting for someone to determine the ability and technology of a ski

I would have guessed the B11 is the B11, but the puls b11, it seems is more like the SX line and is not a part of the metron line.
Both good lines, but completely different performance.

ArmyWife

Certified Ski Diva
Wow am I glad I asked you guys. Now I see that the Atomic Lady Puls B11 is out (I was thinking it was like B 11).

But I'm REALLY thinking about that Head Lightning IM SRF. Have any ideas what it is like? I read someplace it was like Monster (but Monster what) read another like the Wild Thang. Just don't know.

If you you have any knowledge on that one I would certainly appreciate it.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
ArmyWife said:
Wow am I glad I asked you guys. Now I see that the Atomic Lady Puls B11 is out (I was thinking it was like B 11).

But I'm REALLY thinking about that Head Lightning IM SRF. Have any ideas what it is like? I read someplace it was like Monster (but Monster what) read another like the Wild Thang. Just don't know.

If you you have any knowledge on that one I would certainly appreciate it.
Don't necessarily count the Atomic out, it's still a great ski, just not of the metron line.(if we are talking about the b11 from the 04-05 year)
The Balanze B11 was of the metron line(05-06)

Eng_ch is far more knowledgable about the head ski line than I am. I think you'll see her chime in here. If not you may shoot her a pm.

Good luck

eng_ch

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
TBH I don't really know that much prior to the 05-06 season because that was when we bought new skis and I did a lot of research (and somehow I can't stop now!). All I really know is that Lightning was the name given to the Head women's line before the Thang series was launched (which I think was last year?). I don't specifically know of any differences but I get the impression that the 05-06 season saw some leaps forward in technology, of which SkiDiva's Monster 70 of the previous year was the forerunner - but you'd better ask Phil about that, he know waaay more than I have time to :D My only speculation is that maybe the wholesale change in series name, graphics, dimensions etc suggests a step forward in the technology last year? Or maybe I'm just talking out of my backside

Having said all that I really like the feel of my Head skis (well the Monsters at any rate - I'll find out about the Fast THang in a couple of weeks or so!). Maybe it is just marketing crap, but I like the idea that the stiffness etc adapts depending on the force exerted on it. I find them very smooth and stable. I had a disastrous test on a pair of (unisex) 5* that I couldn't bend for love nor money, the AC3 did absolutely nothing for me, totally uninvolving. ANd I've not skied any Atomics. Would have loved to try the Blaanze 11 last year but there simply weren't any to test in Europe - buy online sight unseen, yes; test, no

ArmyWife

Certified Ski Diva
Well, I think maybe I scratched both of those skis off the list afterall. It seems like every time I think maybe I find one, I read further and find some negatives. But one ski seems to keep popping up EVERYWHERE as being a favorite and that is the K2 Burnin Luv. I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled for a good sale... I read in here earlier somewhere that someone got a pair at the end of last season for $275!!! WOW--if only I could come across something like that I'd be smiling forever :D :D

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
ArmyWife said:
........ keep popping up EVERYWHERE as being a favorite and that is the K2 Burnin Luv. I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled for a good sale... I read in here earlier somewhere that someone got a pair at the end of last season for $275!!! WOW--if only I could come across something like that I'd be smiling forever :D :D

That was me but I paid more than 275.00. I found them, with the help of Philomena, 2004 model for a great price(with binding).
You may have been thinking of the skis Bonni bought at the end of the season but they were One Luvs.

I wish they were still available for you.

I'll keep my eye open for something similar.
In the mean time, keep checking in. You never know when a diva will have a brilliant idea.

Lisamarie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi from Summit County! You may want to consider the Dynastar Exclusive Legends. They are a great all condition ski, that stay stable in most conditions.The One Luv or True Luv is another good choice.

Yes, there is a ski demo shop in the Breckenridge base area. However, if you want to save some money, check out Virgin Island Ski Rentals in Silverthorne. Be sure to let us know when you are coming to Breck. My husband teaches there, and I work at Copper.

ArmyWife

Certified Ski Diva
Can I get your opinion...again?

I've found a couple of Demo skis I'm thinking about (I know-- I know--I should demo first--and I might regret it but I just can't help myself...)

A 2006 Volkl Attiva AC2 or K2 One luv (both 2005 and 2006).

Oh--and I found Ski Diva's ski rating chart thingy. I would say I'm a level 6 to 7. Probably a 6 since I haven't been out on snow for a couple years--but then more a 7 when I get my ski legs back.

And remember, I just want a cruzin ski. Mostly groomed trails/no bumps. So what do ya think? (or do I keep looking?)

ArmyWife

Certified Ski Diva
Hi LisaMarie--thanks for the warm welcome. I checked out Virgin Island Ski Rentals website. What GREAT prices. Thanks for the tip!

ArmyWife

Certified Ski Diva
So you like the One luv better, huh. I started out liking the one luv then heard about the Attiva AC 2 on here and was excited when I found one online. Some people on here thought the one luv was a little too soft but I suspect they are all MUCH better skiers than I.

Decisions decisions...

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The reviews I've read show the One luv's as a bit of a noodle.
The Attiva AC2 is soft but not so much that you can't get a bit aggressive.

I think the AC2 will take you further into your "ski legs" once you get them back than the one luv.

IMHO;)

Lola, and Lil both have the Attiva AC2. Maybe we can get the opinion of one of them.

ArmyWife

Certified Ski Diva
I GOT SOME NEW SKIS!!!!!!!!!

Just thought I'd leave an update---I bought some skis. YES, I should have demo'd first, but when I stumbled on this deal I just couldn't pass it up.

I got some brand new 06 One luvs still in shrink wrap/ with brand new bindings, etc. on e-bay for $359 ($315 for the skis $44 to ship in from Canada). Just couldn't pass them up.

They arrived yesterday and I'm SO excited. I can't wait to try them out and leave you guys an update!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly