• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Can you suggest some new skis?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations! From everything I've heard about the Burnin Luvs, seems like a pretty safe bet! Enjoy them!

What about boots?

Bonni

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
ArmyWife said:
Just thought I'd leave an update---I bought some skis. YES, I should have demo'd first, but when I stumbled on this deal I just couldn't pass it up.

I got some brand new 06 One luvs still in shrink wrap/ with brand new bindings, etc. on e-bay for $359 ($315 for the skis $44 to ship in from Canada). Just couldn't pass them up.

They arrived yesterday and I'm SO excited. I can't wait to try them out and leave you guys an update!

Yikes! We have the same skis, too!:cool:

From what I've heard from Snowhot, the One Luvs are a noodle, soft, etc? I'm a slow cautious skier because of my ole worn out body and MS balance issues, so I don't need a high end all mountain ski. I hope I haven't made a mistake, but I don't rip through the trees in powder or race around, so I think they'll be fine.

I haven't skied them yet, but will for the first time, and the first time this season, Dec. 15th at Stowe. I'm pretty excited!:D

Army Wife, you should take a road trip! Got time?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
ArmyWife said:
Just thought I'd leave an update---I bought some skis. YES, I should have demo'd first, but when I stumbled on this deal I just couldn't pass it up.

I got some brand new 06 One luvs still in shrink wrap/ with brand new bindings, etc. on e-bay for $359 ($315 for the skis $44 to ship in from Canada). Just couldn't pass them up.

They arrived yesterday and I'm SO excited. I can't wait to try them out and leave you guys an update!

Bonni said:
Yikes! We have the same skis, too!

From what I've heard from Snowhot, the One Luvs are a noodle, soft, etc? I'm a slow cautious skier because of my ole worn out body and MS balance issues, so I don't need a high end all mountain ski. I hope I haven't made a mistake, but I don't rip through the trees in powder or race around, so I think they'll be fine.
Armywife, you got a good deal. There are some women who luv, the one luv.
When you girls get a chance to get on them, please do a gear review.

Bonni

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't know how much of a review I can give them. I don't demo regularly, and have only had 4 pair of skis in my life, and until 2003, never skied more than 8 days a year. My knowledge is limited.

I wouldn't know a good ski if I were riding it!

Although I did try Jeff's Head Monster IM's (is that right) and I loved them even though they were too long for me. They were also very heavy, but they cut through the crud better than what I was on. I did demo the Burnin Luv's 2 years ago in Colorado, but for what I ski, they were probably overkill.

I'm sure I'll like them. The only ski I ever hated were the black Atomics I tried last year. I couldn't buy a turn on them......literally! I was so pissed I made Jeff adjust the bindings and ski them. Guess what! He couldn't turn them either! We took them back to the shop. What a horrid ski!

ArmyWife

Certified Ski Diva
Bonni,

You'll have to tell us how you like your one luvs when you get on them. Unfortuanately I won't get on mine til Jan 3--but I'm already counting down the days.

Road trip sounds great to me! My husband gets back from the Middle East right before Christmas--Family trip in Jan to Colorado--hummmmm---I believe I'll have to start thinking about a "Girls only" ski trip to the great northeast in the Spring!

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last year I demoed the One Luv and the Activa2. The Luvs are great for cruzin as stated. I bought the activa because I can't always count on groomed trails. the activa2 held better on ice and crud and allowed me to cruz. I'm an old lady so I like a ski I can rely on that won't slip out from beneath me.

Lil

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And rumor has it that Lil bought a new pair of Dynastar Exclusive Legends today! Watch her ski quiver grow! :smile:

Lisamarie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
She's gonna love the Legends! I have the Dynastar Exclusive legends and the Burnin' Luvs. It's like having a husband and a lover. The Legends are reliable in all situations,the Luvs are hot and fast! ;)

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow! I didn't even get home and my latest purchased is on the wire!.

I was at the Pico ski swap and I bought a pair of the Dynastar Exclusive Legends with Look bindings for $175. they are in great condition. Lola demoed them and loved them so I figured they would be a ski to share.

I have only had one guy in my "quiver" for the past 45 years so I can't relate to analogy. Hmmmmm.

Lisamarie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lilgeorg said:
I have only had one guy in my "quiver" for the past 45 years so I can't relate to analogy. Hmmmmm.

Believe me, the closest I get get to infidelity is playing off my two pairs of skis!;)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Good news travels fast, Lil.

What a great deal! Enjoy them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna