• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Can you ski Aspen without spending a fortune?

Skier31

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I agree that pass prices are steep.

There are rarely lines at any of the mountains -yes, powder days are busy in the morning, certain lifts at certain places but you will not see the lines like Vail or Breck.

You can buy an unlimited local clinic pass for about $175 which gives you access to about 25 days of race clinics, women’s ski days, Highland Bowl days and bump clinics.

Lifties are nice, restaurants are clean and nice.

They give decent discounts to those 65 and older.

I would pay for a pass if I did not work there.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I like hearing that employees are treated well, that's a big plus in my book. It doesn't help, though, that obnoxious poseurs (*cough* Kardashians *cough*) annually post pics of themselves there in thongs and fur jackets on Instagram. :bounce:

Oh well, I was at Beaver Creek last year because the prices were fantastic (got a text-driven flash sale on an off-piste room directly from Vail resorts that was too good to pass up.) It was on my "ooh, too posh for me list" but when I got there, I loved it, and everyone I encountered was super-friendly.

Aspen is always on my "maybe" list because at various times in ski season, I can find reasonable nonstop flights from Chicago directly there; however I haven't pulled the trigger because those airfares don't seem to line up with lodging options in my price range. But besides the beautiful views that I've seen on YouTube skiing videos, I love flying into a ski town directly bc white-knuckle driving mountain roads in a rental car is not my fave thing to do on vacation! :smile:

I'll keep trying!
I'm with you on the driving part....
Text driven sales...sign me up.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I agree that pass prices are steep.

There are rarely lines at any of the mountains -yes, powder days are busy in the morning, certain lifts at certain places but you will not see the lines like Vail or Breck.

You can buy an unlimited local clinic pass for about $175 which gives you access to about 25 days of race clinics, women’s ski days, Highland Bowl days and bump clinics.

Lifties are nice, restaurants are clean and nice.

They give decent discounts to those 65 and older.

I would pay for a pass if I did not work there.
That’s a great value on the clinics. I did one lesson out there on my first ever big powder day and was blown away by how good the experience was, such a great day.

Amie H

Angel Diva
Do you ski both Beaver Creek and Vail in 1 trip? If so where do you normally stay? I have looked at Minturn but heard it is not so easy to get to Beaver Creek, I am not planning to get rental car. I may only do quick turnaround trips next season, due to work. I will have Epic Local pass.
No, I skied only at Beaver Creek for 3 days. A few reasons for this:
1) I was still not 100% certain I could do a full day skiing after foot surgery in July 2020. The bus from BC to Vail that was running was drop off at 9am, pickup at 4pm.
2) I wasn't wild about riding a possibly crowded bus OR not being able to get on due to occupancy restrictions. That plus the reservation system needed to ski a Vail resort complicating things slightly, I opted for BC only.
3) I was able to stay ski-in/semi-ski-out(had to walk a short way out) for about $165/night (not incl taxes) due to the aforementioned flash sales I got via text as an Epic pass holder. So, I thought I'd prefer to enjoy that aspect by staying at one resort to ski. My room had fridge & microwave and access to laundry facilities. I brought food/wine from home and ordered a bit more (delivered via instacart once I was there) so my costs after actual lodging bill were minimal - maybe a few cocktails mid-day on piste to help, uh, relax my foot. :wink:
I should also mention that my non-stop 1st class airfare directly into EGE was free on this trip because I cashed in miles from my credit card that I accrued during 2020 ordering everything online/delivered! That meant that my skis & large rolling duffel were checked complimentary.
My only other expenses were the pre-arranged Mountain Express shuttles to/from airport, and tips for asst service providers (bellman, bartenders, etc.)
It was my first time there, but I think I'd do it exactly the same way because it was effortless. However, if my sister went with me, I have a hunch she would push for us to do at least 1 day at Vail.

Amie H

Angel Diva
I've skied at Aspen Snowmass three times without breaking the bank -- two of them on Diva West trips -- and I absolutely loved it. I'd go there again anytime.

That said, today I saw this in outherecoloradocom, and my jaw dropped. Wow. Just wow.

Aspen Snowmass recently announced their season ticket prices for the upcoming season and unlimited access via the 'Premier' Pass will cost $2,399 if purchased today, $2,599 if purchased from September 18 through December 3, and $2,899 if purchased on or after December 4. Insurance also increases based on date, starting at $168, then moving to $182, and eventually hitting $203. This brings the total of a season pass and pass insurance purchased after December 4 to $3,102.

It's worth noting that the 'Premier' season pass includes a complimentary Ikon Base Pass and summer gondola access, along with a number of other benefits. Cheaper passes are also available, along with discounts on the Premier pass for special groups. One pass option limits days on the mountain to either one or two days weekly, with a full price of $1,379 and $1,999, respectively. This is likely the top option for many weekend warriors planning to frequent Aspen this winter

W H O A

Amie H

Angel Diva
No, I skied only at Beaver Creek for 3 days. A few reasons for this:
1) I was still not 100% certain I could do a full day skiing after foot surgery in July 2020. The bus from BC to Vail that was running was drop off at 9am, pickup at 4pm.
2) I wasn't wild about riding a possibly crowded bus OR not being able to get on due to occupancy restrictions. That plus the reservation system needed to ski a Vail resort complicating things slightly, I opted for BC only.
3) I was able to stay ski-in/semi-ski-out(had to walk a short way out) for about $165/night (not incl taxes) due to the aforementioned flash sales I got via text as an Epic pass holder. So, I thought I'd prefer to enjoy that aspect by staying at one resort to ski. My room had fridge & microwave and access to laundry facilities. I brought food/wine from home and ordered a bit more (delivered via instacart once I was there) so my costs after actual lodging bill were minimal - maybe a few cocktails mid-day on piste to help, uh, relax my foot. :wink:
I should also mention that my non-stop 1st class airfare directly into EGE was free on this trip because I cashed in miles from my credit card that I accrued during 2020 ordering everything online/delivered! That meant that my skis & large rolling duffel were checked complimentary.
My only other expenses were the pre-arranged Mountain Express shuttles to/from airport, and tips for asst service providers (bellman, bartenders, etc.)
It was my first time there, but I think I'd do it exactly the same way because it was effortless. However, if my sister went with me, I have a hunch she would push for us to do at least 1 day at Vail.
@alison wong I should also mention that I was in the "sweet zone" of still "working from home" but vaccinated, so the deal I made with my boss was that I'd get my work done the afternoon/evening, so I was able to travel Sun-Thurs on this particular trip. I'm back in the office now, and even though he's flexible, in future, I will probably take more abbreviated trips.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I just saw this. My home mountain is Aspen.
Please let me know if I could answer any questions you might have in the future.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Not everything in Aspen is overpriced.
The ski experience at AspenSnowmass is top notch. I am not just saying this because I work there.
I have worked at other resorts where you pay just as much for nowhere near the experience.
What do you do there?
Aspen is my home mountain.:wave:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna