• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Can you find a Marmot Free Skier insulated jacket in XL?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DH just got a really great, lightly insulated water proof ski jacket - the Marmot Tram Line. It looks like the women's equivalent is the Free Skier. Poking around online, I don't see any XLs left, and I'm sure that's what I'd need if it fits at all (men's jackets are a non-starter because of their narrow hips).

So - shopping aficionados - do you see one in XL anywhere to which you can point me?

He got his at Boulder Ski Deals, so I'll check that out tonight or next week.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
(It does look like I can get one full price straight from Marmot.com)

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I found one in red online in the right size, decent price, so now just have to decide ... carry on ...

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I found the blue, which should work better with my other gear, in XL on winterkids.com - a site I've never even heard of! Ordered it. We'll see. Reviews indicate it runs small, which could nix the deal for me, but then again just because a Small runs small doesn't mean their XL will. *shrug* If it doesn't work, I'll return it, but DH is very happy with his Tram Line, which seems to be the men's analogue. I love the idea of a ski jacket with just a touch of insulation. Currently I have a lightweight shell with zero insulation, several hard and soft shells with fuzz lining the interior, and one heavy insulated jacket - really parka - for super cold days. Something in between would be nice; I can always layer with my puffy sweater, but unfortunately it doesn't have pit zips, which can turn it into a torture chamber on sunny days.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The blue arrived. It is not hugely roomy for an insulated jacket - but then I could tell that from the picture on winterkids.com . It has *tons* of pockets and I was able to wear it with my usual layers (a lightweight wool baselayer plus a quarter-zip fleece) comfortably, as well as with a puffy vest, too. I think it would be a tight fit to get a puffy with sleeves in instead of the vest, though.

I am looking forward to wearing this jacket on cooler but not frigid days, as well as around town when a shell isn't enough, but my fully insulated parka is overkill. I was able to wear it comfortably over my bulky Old Navy fleece, so it should be fine for wearing over most casual winter tops.

The colors, by the way, are off on the Marmot site - the accents are orange, not red. The WinterWomen.com picture is much more accurate: https://www.winterwomen.com/marmot-womens-free-skier-jacket-sea-glass - the colors kind of look like a kid's jacket to me more than a skittle mafia color combo - not sure why. Maybe the blue is just a smidge soft.

The hood is insulated, and as such it's pretty big hanging off the back of my neck.

mustski

Angel Diva
It is so frustrating when the colors are off and the sizing is inaccurate. I am honest about my measurements. Why can't ski gear companies be honest? I don't give a " cr.." what size the label says but ...HELLO ... Get your measurements right on your end! and ... Red and orange are two completely different colors - not to mention pink! Rant over.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I actually like the orange better, but yeah.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The weather is DEFYING me. It will be 40 degrees this weekend in the mountains. I can't even wear it around town - 50s and 60s!

(I also got new skis for hardpack and bumps, so naturally it's going to snow this weekend ... I'm not exactly complaining, but ...)

BethL

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The weather is DEFYING me. It will be 40 degrees this weekend in the mountains. I can't even wear it around town - 50s and 60s!

(I also got new skis for hardpack and bumps, so naturally it's going to snow this weekend ... I'm not exactly complaining, but ...)

Your new bump skis are helping the snow conditions. Thanks!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna