• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Calling All North Face Ski Pant Wearers

elemmac

Angel Diva
Looking for some advice on North Face ski pants regarding length. When I buy ski pants they are almost always too long for me, so I got excited when I found out North Face does "short" option. However, when I read the size chart I found out the short is a 29" inseam, and the regular is a 31"...and I have about a 30" inseam...right in the middle.

Does anyone have experience with North Face pants, do they generally run long? short? or pretty true to size/length?

MissySki

Angel Diva
I wear the regular length which is longer than other brands, many others are too short on me. I'm 5'4, but I have long legs and a short torso, the regular is perfect. Unfortunately I don't actually know what my inseam length is to help you compare.. I can measure tonight though and let you know.

elemmac

Angel Diva
Thanks @MissySki. Huge help to hear that the regular fits someone on the opposite side of the spectrum, thinking the short might be a good option for me.

Tvan

Angel Diva
5'7" and I wear the regulars with no issues.

elemmac

Angel Diva
Umm...and now I think I'm leaning towards the regular, I'd rather them too long rather than too short.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm 5'4"---not sure of my inseam but I wear the regulars. They are a touch longer than I'd like, but not "bad". I'd rather they be longer than too short and have the legs ride up on the chairlift ride.

elemmac

Angel Diva
5'5 and the regulars fit me great.

Mind if I ask what size you got? I'm 5'5" as well...probably going to get a medium, but still debating short or regular. The smalls and mediums have the same inseam, but XS are shorter, and larges are longer.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
5'2" & short length is good for me. My legs aren't real long in proportion to the rest of me either.

canski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am 5'5 but 28/29 inseamsih.....Take a size 6 Short (120 lbs - weight in my butt and thighs) and they are a tad long.....
Just bought the NF Jeppeson this season - NO MORE LOW RISE! YEAH! as I (obviously) have a very long torso and low
rises are too low - love the warmth and comfort of a higher rise - adjustable waist, too. They are a straighter cut, too.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm 5'4 with a longer torso and shorter legs. I buy my day to day pants with a 30" inseam, and I wear North Face pants in short. The length is fine for me, not too long or too short, and could be a little shorter without it being a problem. I would be surprised if the North Face short in a large or extra large (the sizes I've worn) came up too short one someone who wears jeans/regular pants with a 30" inseam. I don't know if they scale the length significantly by size, so an extra small or the like may be different.

elemmac

Angel Diva
I don't know if they scale the length significantly by size, so an extra small or the like may be different.

Their size chart shows a half inch difference between XS and S & M and L & XL. But I just took another look at the product page, and it says 30" inseam, so maybe the size chart I was looking at was for regular pants, and ski pants are all the same length regardless of size.

ski_hat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm 5'8", but have a 33" inseam (long torso!) - the north face short work perfectly for me. The regulars were wayyyy too long.

elemmac

Angel Diva

This is the size chart that got me second guessing myself in the first place. My work pants are labelled as 32" inseam, and fit me well with work boots on. When I measure, my actual inseam is 30", so from the chart I feel like I should go with a regular. But ski pants are always long on me, so I had been thinking short initially.

Either way, decided on the regular. I'd rather have them a little long rather than too short... just placed the order for these guys!! Wahoo!!!
image.jpg

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm 4'11 and got the short based on diva advice a few years ago. Walking from the car I tend to turn the bottom up about a hem length. I can turn it back down once I'm in boots and on skis. I keep it up when I'm off skis more because I don't want to drag the hem in back and shred it. I'm about as short as you get and these work without any acting. Two thumbs up review from me...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna