• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Calling all AT gear geeks....(Altagirl, Tradygirl, etc!!)

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm looking for a serious AT boot with narrow heel and ankle and roomy toe box that is compatible with alpine DIN bindings (Marker Duke). Of course, no one in Michigan so far has had anything other than alpine stuff, so I'll probably have to do this on-line or buy when we head west later this year.

Current alpine boot is Lange World Cup 100 junior, size 23.5 with significant bumping and grinding in the toe boxes for piggy room.

Looking for something similar that I can skin on my Kikus with. Any recommendations???????

altagirl

Staff member
Black Diamond Shiva. Low volume with the narrowest heel pocket I've ever tried on but a wider forefoot. Plus the liners have the BOA system, which has like a snowboard boot retention system, so you can tighten the liner but unbuckle the boots while going uphill. And they have a really excellent walk mode.

If you come to Utah you can even demo them at the BD retail store... but they also sell them on backcountry.com.

Shannon D

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Shivas. The liners that come with them are not moldable though, and the toebox is pretty small. If you can find someone to replace the Boa liners with intuition liners, the molding will give you plenty of toe room.

altagirl

Staff member
The stock liners are DEFINITELY heat moldable. I had mine done right at Black Diamonds retail store. They are just pre-formed, unlike an Intuition liner. So you may or may not need to bake them. :smile:

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The liners are heat moldable. The boots come standard with the AT sole blocks, so you'll need make an additional purchase of the alpine sole blocks to make the boots work with alpine bindings. They were a little tricky for me to remove/replace, but I think the problem was more me than anything else!

I found the toe box to be fine; my feet flare out to about a D size in the toes.

ikkin

Certified Ski Diva
yep, shivas are the ticket. i have wide forefeet and narrow heels, and they fit great! they're dyna compatible. in fact, if anyone knows where i can find some in a size 24 for cheap, pleeeeeeeease let me know.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's what I had been leaning toward, so thanks for the additional :thumbsup:

Now to find them in my price range, heh, heh.:(

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Keep your eyes peeled and let me know if any of you find a steal-of-a-deal, please??

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Still looking for these.

At a rock-bottom price, of course :wink:

Keep your eyes peeled for a 23.5 for me (unless they run small). Current BSL in Lange is 284.

Thanks ladies!

mtngirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tried on the Shivas when I bought my Garmont She Rides, which were a little more than half the Shivas's price..

Sometimes I wish I would have bought the shivas...

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tried on the Shivas when I bought my Garmont Xenas too.

Definitely a way lower volume boot than my Xenas...I could feel my feet starting to cramp and neuromas get in the way of having feeling in my toes before I even had the things on. Felt the same way about Scarpas. But then my Langes gave me that for years, despite being miles too big.

Xenas are great - tour wonderfully, alpine or touring sole (11 screws per boot to change them, but easy), and comes with both soles included. Lots of room in the toe box, but definitely NOT a narrow heel and ankle - mine have been padded to take up some of the volume there 'cause I need it through the midfoot and toebox. Doesn't sound like those would be the right ones for you!

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
VG, I don't know what you're price range is, but the Ski Rack in Burlington VT has your size and free shipping. That's where I bought my Auras from last week.

Ski Rack

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks, SD!

That's still a bit out of my price range right now, but after our Colorado trip......and I have a birthday coming up :becky:

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ooh, ooh, ooh....this might be doable!!!! Muchas Gracias!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna