• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

SierraLuLu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I noticed there’s no California or Nevada thread yet for this year so I’m starting one now by posting prospective opening dates for resorts out here. Please feel free to add anything I’ve left out! Let us know what you’re looking forward to this year.

Oct 25 - Mt Rose

Nov 9 - Mammoth Mountain

Nov 13 - Boreal

Nov 15 - Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows

Nov 16 -
Soda Springs
Snow Summit

Nov 22 -
Northstar
Heavenly
Bear Mountain
Bear Valley

Nov 23 -
Kirkwood

Nov 30 -
Sugar Bowl
Sierra-at-Tahoe
Dodge Ridge

Dec 5 -
Mountain High

Dec 7 -
Lee Canyon

Dec 12 -
Diamond Peak

Dec 13 -
Tahoe Donner
Snow Valley

Dec 14 -
Ski China Peak
Mt Shasta
Homewood

Dec 20 - Donner Ski Ranch

Dec 21 - June Mountain

Dec 26 - Mt Baldy

Jan 4 - Yosemite Ski & Snowboard Area

Feb 16 - Elko SnoBowl

(these are mostly from OnTheSnow - please correct me if I’m wrong)

SierraLuLu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Snow Summit - Friday, Nov 12

Bear Mountain - Friday, Nov 29. ... This seems late to me. But I guess they aren't expecting crowds until after Thanksgiving.

Oh interesting ... Bear Mountain must have pushed it back because I remember it being the 22 earlier.

I doubt they’ll get much of any real snow until December at least, so maybe they’re concentrating their early snowmaking on Snow Summit. I’m not sure.

mustski

Angel Diva
Oh interesting ... Bear Mountain must have pushed it back because I remember it being the 22 earlier.

I doubt they’ll get much of any real snow until December at least, so maybe they’re concentrating their early snowmaking on Snow Summit. I’m not sure.
I remember it being earlier also. They usually open Summit first and then Bear. We rarely get any real snow until December, but it is colder here than usual for October so who knows? Maybe we'll get lucky again this year.

Mountainerd

Diva in Training
Drove up the hill on Friday to see how Mammoth’s snowmaking is looking...decent coverage on Broadway, they’re trying to blow snow on the park, powder bowl and Andy’s Double Gold too. Unfortunately, it’s forecast to be pretty warm over this next week, so not sure how much more snow they are going to be able to make before opening day. It’s a pretty solid white ribbon of death right now...

4660E2FB-2D22-4B63-A598-6839A66D671C.jpeg

SierraLuLu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Opening day update from Mammoth Smowman:

Opening day is still set for this Saturday at 8:30 AM. They plan to run chair 1 with access to Broadway, Silver Tip and Andy’s Double Gold on a man-made base of 12-18 inches. There will also be small terrain park set up for your enjoyment.

@Mountainerd looks like they’ve been able to do a little more snowmaking this week.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mammoth still looks the same as above pic.
1 chair 3 runs.
Snow was good for what it was. Crowd was intense opening day, but disipated, today no lift line.
Needs to be colder to blow more snow.

SierraLuLu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for the update @WaterGirl!

It looks like Snow Summit on the other hand did get pushed.

From BBMR:
“Snow Summit is scheduled to open for the 2019/20 winter season on Thursday, Nov. 28 and Bear Mountain is scheduled to open Friday, Nov. 29. SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON WEATHER AND CONDITIONS.”

SierraLuLu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Some Tahoe news:

“The storm that just swept over the Sierra Nevada dumped at least 7″ of fresh snow on Nevada resort Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe, enough for the resort to announce they will begin daily operations from Friday.

Mt. Rose was the first Tahoe resort to open but had only been operating on weekends. Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows in California opened last week with daily operations.

While Mt. Rose and Squaw have been running lifts, other Tahoe resorts have postponed their opening days, blaming warm weather hampering snowmaking efforts. Vail Resorts operated Northstar, Kirkwood, and Heavenly all announced yesterday they would be delaying their opening.”

https://snowbrains.com/mt-rose-tahoe-begin-daily-operations/

mustski

Angel Diva
We got a few inches and BBMR has been blowing like crazy when cold enough so I suspect they will get open on their newly scheduled dates. There are also hints of a storm coming in on Thanksgiving that has the potential to be a good one. Only the snow Gods know for sure.

Mountainerd

Diva in Training
Got up to Mammoth yesterday for my first turns of the season, woohoo! Only spent a couple hours on the hill due to other commitments, but it was a beautiful day and considering the snow on the runs was almost entirely man made, the skiing was super fun. Chairs 11 and 3 opened Saturday and they opened Chair 6 and 2 today.

This storm that's coming in is looking bigger and bigger with each forecast. Super high winds today both up on the hill and down in the valley, and we have a winter storm warning going into effect Tuesday evening. Local forecasts are saying 2-3 feet at Main Lodge with potential for more snow on the upper mountain. Even saying 6-10 inches of snow down here in Bishop! Should be fun!

Word on the street is if this storm dumps as expected, they will try to get chairs 4 and 10 open this weekend. The top may or may not open depending on what the snow is like. Should be fun this weekend after the storm clears out. Going to try to get out on Friday and Sunday, any other divas heading up?

SierraLuLu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have fun all of you! My next trip is over the holidays and I’m crossing my fingers that we have a decent base by then. Sounds like it won’t be a late start to winter after all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna