• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Buying first Alpine Touring bindings! Advice please!

Neha Khurana

Diva in Training
Hi!
I am pretty new to the world of backcountry skiing, and am buying my first pair of AT bindings. I have the K2 Talkback 88 153cm and Scarpa Gea boots (size 24, BSL 280). I am looking for something on the lower price end (so most likely frame bindings, as opposed to tech bindings). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you're looking for something on the lower price point, you probably shouldn't look at AT gear ;-)

I have Fritschi Eagle 12s, and they seem fine. I don't have any advice, unfortunately, on what's out there today.

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you are fairly sure you're going to enjoy BC skiing and want to do a lot of it, it's worth spending the extra to get the lighter set up. It makes a big difference in how much energy you expend on the ups. Just my 0.2.

If you're really not sure, I'd look for the lightest binding for the cheapest price.

That's all I got! :smile:

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Given your size that you provided in another post, I think it would really benefit you to not be in frame bindings. Although, the Geas are so light, maybe it would even out?

arbusch

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Check out wildsnow.com for reviews on backcountry specific bindings.

I love my dynafit and never looked back. If you get into backcountry skiing, you will eventually want tech bindings.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly