• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Buying bindings - are there ever any sales?

Linzter

Certified Ski Diva
I just got a pair of Atomic Century's on sale this week and now need bindings and skins. I was originally going to just buy used but these were a good deal and were exactly what I wanted!

Now I'm faced with $500 bindings (looking at Dynafit or fritschi) .... are there ever any deals on bindings out there, or should I just suck it up?

thanks for any tips!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Fritschis more than Dynafits... but touring bindings are tough to find on sale.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, the only thing I can think of is waiting around for one of those 20% off sales for members at REI.

Christy

Angel Diva
I just picked up some of "last year's" bindings on sale at EVO for my new Black Pearls, but it sounds like you are looking for something that is harder to find. Still, it can't hurt to do a google shopping search, look on the usual ski store sites, etc.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The only time I've seen Fritschis on sale is when they were retiring a product line. So, the Freeride Plus are on half price (more or less) if you can find a pair in your length.

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
I second Pequenita, get 'em when they are being discontinued, as I did with the 22Designs Hammerhead...

jessie.says.that

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Dynafits are hard to find on sale. However, they last forever, and will most certainly outlast your touring skis. I at one point not too long ago was rocking a pair of dynafits that were (literally) older than me. And they still performed flawlessly.

REI's 20% off any one full-priced item is the closest thing to a discount you'll probably find, especially if you buy them new. Finding a used pair is tough, since people like to keep them.

Good luck!

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't seen touring bindings at more than 20% off. I don't like the feel of Fritcshis when skiing down the hardback, but you can use your alpine boots with them if you can put up with it on the uphill - I've given up on it and went for touring boots in the end. Now I need to recover a bit financially and maybe I will invest in technical bindings....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna