• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bunny slope conquered- What next?

MsWax

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
He's looking good! I say pick a good time (maybe early morning before it gets crowded but he's still happy and full of energy) and head up the bigger lift. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

GoingDownhillWeeeee!

Certified Ski Diva
My suggestion for Steamboat is to start at the Preview lift (bunny hill) for a warm up. Hit it early before the classes get going. Then, if you take the Christie Peak Express up and get off at the mid point you'll be just a little higher up, an easy stepping stone for a run but a much larger lift.

My nephew loves the gondola, so last year (when he was four and about the same skill level) about once a day he'd take it up and ski down the green road, which generally isn't crowded. Along the road there are some fun places to stop and play, like the teepees. And sometimes he'd just want to ride the gondola up and down. And don't miss the free hot chocolate in the square before the lifts close.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My suggestion for Steamboat is to start at the Preview lift (bunny hill) for a warm up. Hit it early before the classes get going. Then, if you take the Christie Peak Express up and get off at the mid point you'll be just a little higher up, an easy stepping stone for a run but a much larger lift.

My nephew loves the gondola, so last year (when he was four and about the same skill level) about once a day he'd take it up and ski down the green road, which generally isn't crowded. Along the road there are some fun places to stop and play, like the teepees. And sometimes he'd just want to ride the gondola up and down. And don't miss the free hot chocolate in the square before the lifts close.

Yeah, we were figuring we'd start on Preview but I completely forgot about those Teepees! He would love those! I'm just a little concerned about the traffic on the cat track, but maybe he'll want to give it a go.

(Also I loooooove your username lol)

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Updating to say that he did great this weekend! He skied three days in a row, the first day just easy laps on the Galloping Goose at MJ- it was a pow day! Which he had great fun going through the piles of snow but also couldn't really make any turns because he couldn't get any speed up. The second day we skied Steamboat in the afternoon, so he was a little tired which was dodgy but he did a few shorter laps on Preview and the lower half of Christy and made his turns and then we snacked up and went all the way to the top of Christy and he came down. He did have one little fit halfway down when I was trying to get him to follow me through a section of trails that crisscrossed to make sure he went the correct way but after that he finished the run just fine. And today he skied at Howelson Hill in Steamboat since it was ski free Sunday and he was pretty self sufficient.

We also worked a little on getting up after he fell, and he did it a few times by himself but keeps managing to get his uphill ski twisted and has a hard time getting it off edge and on its base so we'll continue working on it.

Thanks all for the input!!

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Not much to add - but he is so awesome and soooooo cute!!! Great videos - you are a super proud mom!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly