• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bumps For Boomers - Aspen

MissySki

Angel Diva
Glad you had fun on those bumps! If I lived in the northeast, I'd be more inclined to work towards having fun on frozen bumps. But I'm a bit too spoiled given that most of my skiing off-piste is out west. :smile:

Very true, haha I do much prefer bumps out west as well, they are much more forgiving for someone who is very much still progressing in that terrain like myself!! Because of where I live my goal is to be able to also ski the frozen bumps we often have. I’m always amazed by the skiers who still ski on those bump runs in way less than ideal conditions and make it look easy. Would love to be that person someday in the distant future, I have a long way to go! :rotf:

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't speak to the BfB course, but I took a ski life-changing lesson with an instructor at Brighton last year, and she basically taught me the blue line skiing in those videos. I've been doing a lot more parallel turns these days, so I took an alpine lesson. It completely opened up my bump skiing. So much so that I was skiing icy glades (aka bumps with trees) at Jay with only 2-3 inches of fresh snow and had a BLAST. From my experience, that technique works quite well.

jenniferm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Noticed that @jenniferm has done Bumps for Boomers. Perhaps she'll stop by with comments.

Just saw this so I'm late to the party....marzNC is correct, I posted almost the exact same question about B4B two years ago. Had exactly the same reservations--it's a lot of money, which is OK if it's world-changing but it better be world-changing; not crazy about short skis; didn't consider myself the kind of fearful older intermediate the program seemed targeted at. I ended up not going, though--I fractured my pelvis falling off a horse and that was it for the season. But if anyone is interested in a "create your own adventure" at the B2B level for 2019, give a shout! I also ski mostly alone and can't get that enthusiastic about a trip out west by my lonesome. Just bought the 2019/20 Ikon pass and will buy Epic as well, so I'm up for anything.

Skier31

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just saw this so I'm late to the party....marzNC is correct, I posted almost the exact same question about B4B two years ago. Had exactly the same reservations--it's a lot of money, which is OK if it's world-changing but it better be world-changing; not crazy about short skis; didn't consider myself the kind of fearful older intermediate the program seemed targeted at. I ended up not going, though--I fractured my pelvis falling off a horse and that was it for the season. But if anyone is interested in a "create your own adventure" at the B2B level for 2019, give a shout! I also ski mostly alone and can't get that enthusiastic about a trip out west by my lonesome. Just bought the 2019/20 Ikon pass and will buy Epic as well, so I'm up for anything.

If you end up at Aspen/Snowmass, let me know. I can get you set up with the right instructor. Makes a huge difference!

jenniferm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you end up at Aspen/Snowmass, let me know. I can get you set up with the right instructor. Makes a huge difference!

Thank you so much skier31 and I certainly will! I love aspen, haven’t been in years since vail is an easier trip from the east.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Where do you usually ski? Though I have kids on their college ski team, I'll be a lone skier, too sometimes next season. I'm not looking forward to it.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm not sure who you are asking, @Lmk92 , but I ski weekends at Massanutten in VA and weekdays when I can escape the office at Whitetail or Liberty in PA. I'm planning on 3 western trips next season, one of which might be B4B. One of my ski buds here is also interested in B4B, so we could at least share the accommodation expenses. Plus, I just bought my IKON pass for next year.

jenniferm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Where do you usually ski? Though I have kids on their college ski team, I'll be a lone skier, too sometimes next season. I'm not looking forward to it.

I "usually" ski Vail, because it's a relatively easy trip from New York City, but I honestly don't have a home mountain. I just bought my Ikon pass as well, thinking Alta/Taos/Jackson Hole/Aspen, and Stratton in the East. But I'm open--and I'd much rather meet up with other Divas than ski alone.

Skier31

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm not sure who you are asking, @Lmk92 , but I ski weekends at Massanutten in VA and weekdays when I can escape the office at Whitetail or Liberty in PA. I'm planning on 3 western trips next season, one of which might be B4B. One of my ski buds here is also interested in B4B, so we could at least share the accommodation expenses. Plus, I just bought my IKON pass for next year.

If there are 3 or more of you at the same time, it may be more economical to book a private. You will be able to select the instructor you want and the lesson will be personal to you. I know most of the BfB instructors. Happy to help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna