• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

BRRR! Fire up the snowguns!

Thatsagirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today started out at 66 degrees. It's now 52 degrees and temps are dropping fast. It's breezy so I needed to wear gloves when I took out my dog a few minutes ago. It's supposed to go below freezing tonight, be in the 30s through Tuesday (20s at night), and some flurries are forecasted.

Fire up those snowguns! :D

Thatsagirl

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Yayyyy!

(It's about time!)

I've given up getting out before Thanksgiving, but I'm hoping I'll be able to take some turns the Monday after (please, please, please!).

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Thatsagirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ski Diva said:
Yayyyy!

(It's about time!)

I've given up getting out before Thanksgiving, but I'm hoping I'll be able to take some turns the Monday after (please, please, please!).

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

I hear ya. It's been pretty frustrating, hasn't it? If we lived out West, we'd be too busy skiing to be posting here... :rolleyes:

Thatsagirl

Jilly

Staff member
They fired up the snowguns last night at Tremblant for the top of the mountain. They want to get open for your Thanksgiving!!

Thatsagirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I guess Stoneham and Mont-Sainte-Anne also hope to be open by then.

Quite a few New England resorts fired up the guns this weekend too, with plans to open for Thanksgiving. No matter what, I think the pickings will be slim. You can only crank out so much snow in such a short time. After today, no one has any kind of flurries/natural snow in the forecast before T-day. We got some brief flurries here at the house (just north of Burlington) yesterday and overnight. It didn't stick to the ground, just to cars and roof tops, and it's not even fair to call it a dusting. We're supposed to get more flurries today.The ground here isn't remotely frozen and, in fact, it's still soggy from all the rain we had recently. :( Probably not quite as dire in the mountains, but I haven't heard that it's a matter of "night and day" between the two.

We still plan to go to Jay for opening day, but figure we won't ski too much. It'll just be nice to say we skied! :smile:

Thatsagirl

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well! That's IT!
My whole thanksgiving weekend is in the crapper thanks to mother nature! Both of the ski hills near me have changed thier expected open dates and they don't include Thanksgiving weekend. They made up some excuse about the 40F temps holding them back. I think they just aren't being creative enough!;)

Thatsagirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not sure why they don't just haul in a bunch of styrofoam! THAT would WORK!!!!! :D

Thatsagirl

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Last year and the year before I didn't ski Thanksgiving week either. If I remember, it POURED here (in VT) Thanksgiving Day two years ago. So this isn't the first time it's been like this.

It's just tough since we've been waiting ALL SUMMER!!!!!!!

As Tom Petty says, "The wai-ai-ting is the hardest part." :smile:

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey,

Nub's Nob is reporting "6" of Fast Grass", Woopee!!:rolleyes:

Thatsagirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
volklgirl said:
Hey,

Nub's Nob is reporting "6" of Fast Grass", Woopee!!:rolleyes:

That's funny! :D :D :D

Thatsagirl

Thatsagirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ski Diva said:
Last year and the year before I didn't ski Thanksgiving week either. If I remember, it POURED here (in VT) Thanksgiving Day two years ago. So this isn't the first time it's been like this.

It's just tough since we've been waiting ALL SUMMER!!!!!!!

As Tom Petty says, "The wai-ai-ting is the hardest part." :smile:

Unfortunately, this is typical weather for us. But I do remember more than a few awesome days of skiing before Thanksgiving since I've lived in VT (10 years). :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly