• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bromley Mountain, VT

Amie H

Angel Diva
After @ilovepugs made the suggestion of Bromley to me a few weeks ago, I discussed with my (Philadelphia-area-based) sister and dad. I flew in via Albany Wednesday, and they drove up after her workday (she's off on Thursdays.) After breakfast, we headed over to Bromley Mountain, about 9 minutes from the motel I'm staying with in Manchester, VT.

Parking was a snap and the open-air shuttles run very frequently.

My 75 -year-old dad stayed mostly on the greens near East Meadow Chair but he ventured up Alpine Chair with me a few times to ski some nice long green runs through the woods with us. He really hadn't skiied for a few years, so once we planned this trip, he made sure to do a night practicing at a little hill in the Philly burbs.

GOPR0184 (2).JPG
Us at the end of the day. Dad went back to the car to change boots/helmet while we took our last laps.

It was supposed to be sunny in the afternoon but instead we got quite a nice snow shower. Although up top, visibility and wind was challenging, and it felt colder than that temps indicated, the fresh fluffy stuff was worth it! My sister and I had a lot of fun together. She's very athletic and super high-energy. It's not easy keeping up with her!

They drove home right from the resort (boo) and I went back to my motel bc I had to work for a few hours (boo.) I was so wiped out, I was glad my dad left me a sandwich because I was in no shape to get dressed and drag my weary bucket to a restaurant.

Tomorrow I'm heading to Okemo.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
How nice! And how wonderful to ski with family! Hope you have a great time at Okemo!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I Love Bromley! I have a mid-week season pass there, so I've skied there quite a bit this year. Okemo has been skiing well (I was there Monday through Wednesday this week) but Okemo can be very, very busy on Fridays. Ski as much as you can away from the Sunburst Six.

Last edited:

Amie H

Angel Diva
I Love Bromley! I have a mid-week season pass there, so I've skied there quite a bit this year. Okemo has been skiing well (Monday through Wednesday this week) but Okemo can be very, very busy on Fridays. Ski as much as you can away from the Sunburst Six.
I'm planning to get there around 830 and was considering parking over at the Jackson Gore lot bc I already have my pass. Thoughts?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, definitely Jackson Gore. And the earlier you get there, the better. Ski Jackson Gore, Solitude, and South Face. The summit lift from the base area (the Sunburst Six) can get really crazy.

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What a great trip report! My in-laws have a place in Manchester VT & I used to ski Bromley every year when visiting. I really love that mountain. Must go back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly