• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Broken middle toe

katvinso

Diva in Training
Hello lovely new friends!

I’m a new member here - so hi! I’ve been a skier since I was 5 - now 41 - but I’ve recently broken my middle toe on my right foot. It’s over a week out and still is killing me. I’ve been buddy taping it to the 2nd toe.

We are taking my oldest skiing for his 16th birthday in less than a month. Just looking for any advice from any of you that have experienced this.

My boots are my own, but I bought them 20 years ago and they fit very tight. (Yeah - I know - time to get new boots ) Pretty sure I’ll need to rent boots that will be easier to get on. All of my other equipment is my own.

Looking forward to hearing from my new ski diva friends!

Thanks!
Kati

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Welcome! And sorry to hear about your toe! I have been lucky that I've only experienced broken toes (two different toes at two different times) during the summer. I hope you heal quickly!

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, I broke my little toe during my last ski season! Just tripped over stuff in my house and yoinked it in the wrong direction, then it proceeded to bruise and swell a bunch :( i buddy taped it as well. anyway - I just took it easy for about a week then carefully got back into things. It turned out that in boots with a lot of sole support eg ski boots, even my running shoes, it was a lot more comfortable. In shoes with quite flexible soles, the toe ached a lot more.

I found that after 2-3 weeks it was heaps better, by 6-8 weeks it only ached after a while wearing shoes with too flexible a sole/barefeet, and after 8 weeks it had no more pain! At around 6-8 weeks i was a bit anxious that it still ached and I asked a friend who is a podiatrist about it. She said it was normal and also told me the link between pain and shoes with stiffer/more flexible soles, which made sense.

Just occurred to me that YMMV a little with skiing, because i have lace up liners which I put on my feet before putting into the boot shell - gives a bit more protection to the toes while shoving them into the boot!

Hope you heal up quickly :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna