• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bridger Bowl and Big Sky conditions

MsWax

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When we were out there last winter, there were 2 days with delayed opening because they won't spin the lifts if it's less than -15. However, I once we got on the mountain, I was never cold, which is saying a LOT for someone who is often cold skiing out east. I had handwarmers and heated socks, fleece balaclava and face saver, base and mid layers top and bottom, but I was totally comfortable!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So it's ONLY -10 this morning up there; we had a really eventful journey up from Ogden with highway 20 being closed between Island Park and West Yellowstone--turns out, it had been closed for almost two days! We sat there debating getting a room in Island Park but a Utah DOT official told us she thought the plows would come and start getting us through around 6. Well, we finally started moving at 8 p.m. We had been there since 3! Got to the condo at 10:30 as the roads were ice packed, only to find that the place had not been cleaned, there were no clean sheets :cry:

So, a later start this morning is fine by me! I'll go find Laura's memorial for sure.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@contesstant sounds like a painful start to the trip. With roads closed housekeepers can't make it from where they live to clean which is rarely the same town as where the ski resorts are. I worry about that all the time with my own rental which I clean myself. Still that sucks.

Hopefully not windy and sunny and it will feel warm. 37 below in parts of Teton valley idaho today but already negative teens in the mountains.

Enjoy! Should be amazing after all the snow this weekend.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@contesstant sounds like a painful start to the trip. With roads closed housekeepers can't make it from where they live to clean which is rarely the same town as where the ski resorts are. I worry about that all the time with my own rental which I clean myself. Still that sucks.

Hopefully not windy and sunny and it will feel warm. 37 below in parts of Teton valley idaho today but already negative teens in the mountains.

Enjoy! Should be amazing after all the snow this weekend.
I'll take 10 degrees and sunny with light winds over 15 degrees and cloudy with wind any day for sure! We'll get our butts up there by noon today, I'd say. It was a long night and I think all of us are early-to-bed types.

Not sure what happened to the housekeeper but also not sure why they didn't communicate with the owner that they couldn't make it.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll take 10 degrees and sunny with light winds over 15 degrees and cloudy with wind any day for sure! We'll get our butts up there by noon today, I'd say. It was a long night and I think all of us are early-to-bed types.

Not sure what happened to the housekeeper but also not sure why they didn't communicate with the owner that they couldn't make it.
Noy sure what was going on up there but power was out most of yesterday in Jackson Hole and many were without communication and heat.... Hopefully a legit reason and a good partial refund coming your way.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Not conditions but deserves mentioning. John Kircher passed away recently. He had been in hospice care in Big Sky due to a recent diagnosis of a new cancer. There will be a Celebration of Lift at Big Sky on Feb. 11.

January 30, 2023

marzNC

Angel Diva
Snowed a bit at Big Sky this evening when we were heading to dinner at Meadow Village. Could use some fresh snow. There were a few pretty slick groomers this afternoon.

Going to warm up a bit in the next few days. Hopefully not too warm at Bridger over the weekend. That's where we'll be skiing starting on Saturday.

OpenSnow Big Sky forecast, March 8
Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 10.26.11 PM.png
OpenSnow Bridger forecast, March 8
Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 10.27.05 PM.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly