• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bretton Woods season pass questions

alr

Certified Ski Diva
We have been somewhat frantically mulling our ski season plans this week and have landed on possibly purchasing season passes before 01NOV at Bretton Woods. In part because I think I am less likely to be banned from travel to NH compared to VT or ME as a MA resident. Also, they have a super cheap Junior pass for our 8 year old. This is a big deal for us because we have never done season passes before. We have been to Bretton Woods in the past so are comfortable with only going there this season.

The website doesn't say much on what kind of perks the season pass holders can expect. I assume we will get guaranteed ski days? Does anyone know much about the preferred parking that comes with it? In any case, I would just like an inside scoop if ones exists around here.

Thank you!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Given the timing, probably worth a phone call. How do you know that Nov. 1 is the deadline for the Junior pass?

My experience getting a season pass for me and my daughter when she was a tween was that we skied more. It made it more worth while to do the 4-hour drive (1-way) for an extra weekend or two beyond the 4-day holiday weekends. i was also more likely to go ski for an hour under the lights when we brought along one of her friends, and the friend's mother.

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 10.43.48 PM.png

alr

Certified Ski Diva
Well the season passes are being sold through Nov 1 and we will buy at least one adult pass to go with the junior. For us it’s more of a 2.5 hour one way drive and we plan to do 3 or more overnight trips so I’m fairly sure we can get the time in. But I plan to call with some questions tomorrow.

alr

Certified Ski Diva
So I called and got a bit of info. Bretton Woods will decide how many daily tickets only after they have sold all their Season passes. Then they will guarantee season pass holders any ski days without a reservation. So if we want to be guaranteed certain days to ski, the season pass is the only way to do it. the preferred (close) parking will be first come first served. Booting up is allowed in lodge, but there will be no storage in lodge of personal items.

marzNC

Angel Diva
So I called and got a bit of info.
Thanks for the update.

Bretton Woods will decide how many daily tickets only after they have sold all their Season passes.
In general, the expectation is that dynamic pricing and wide variation in the number of day tickets available will be the norm at all ski resorts. There are a number of third party vendors offering the software required if a resort didn't already have the capability.

What's different is that the number of tickets will be lower during early or late season when terrain is more limited. That's one reason that some ski resorts are delaying Opening Day by a week or two in order to allow more time for snowmaking and grooming of trails not usually open from the start.

Reactions: alr

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So I called and got a bit of info. Bretton Woods will decide how many daily tickets only after they have sold all their Season passes. Then they will guarantee season pass holders any ski days without a reservation. So if we want to be guaranteed certain days to ski, the season pass is the only way to do it. the preferred (close) parking will be first come first served. Booting up is allowed in lodge, but there will be no storage in lodge of personal items.

In the past the preferred parking was in the main lot. The first two rows were roped off for season pass holders. You hung something from the rear view mirror that indicated you had a season pass, and the parking attendant would let you in. I think this happened on weekends only, but not sure. If the first two rows were full, then you were on your own.

If they allow booting up in the lodge, what are people supposed to do with their shoes and whatever else they brought inside to boot up? Surely all those cubbies will get filled with shoes. If the mountain allows shoes to be stored inside, how will they enforce nothing else left in the cubbies? How about your lunch? I can't see this nothing-stored-inside-business being easily enforced if they allow booting up in the lodge.

Returning instructors have also been told they can leave nothing inside. They are to boot up in the car, and treat it as their base lodge. How will instructors and skiers deal with the need to add and shed layers when the temps are so fickle here in New England? Instructors have to change layers fast between lessons. There's no time to walk down to the employee lot to do this at the car.

I bought a season pass there in the past, but then I worked there for the last three years. As an instructor I've done things different from pass holders. What I've heard from the ski school this year (I will take the year off and won't ski there) has not sounded like it was thoroughly thought out. I don't know who's in charge of the covid planning, but I hope they figure this stuff out.

Last edited:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought a season pass there in the past, but then I worked there for the last three years. As an instructor I've done things different from pass holders. What I've heard from the ski school this year (I will take the year off and won't ski there) has not sounded like it was thoroughly thought out. I don't know who's in charge of the covid planning, but I hope they figure this stuff out.

I saw my eye doctor today who is also a skier. He and I both agree that everything will be evolving and possibly regressing on and off all season. This is all new territory so no one really knows what they are doing yet. I keep falling back on that old line about the best laid plans......

alr

Certified Ski Diva
In the past the preferred parking was in the main lot. The first two rows were roped off for season pass holders. You hung something from the rear view mirror that indicated you had a season pass, and the parking attendant would let you in. I think this happened on weekends only, but not sure. If the first two rows were full, then you were on your own.

If they allow booting up in the lodge, what are people supposed to do with their shoes and whatever else they brought inside to boot up? Surely all those cubbies will get filled with shoes. If the mountain allows shoes to be stored inside, how will they enforce nothing else left in the cubbies? How about your lunch? I can't see this nothing-stored-inside-business being easily enforced if they allow booting up in the lodge.

Returning instructors have also been told they can leave nothing inside. They are to boot up in the car, and treat it as their base lodge. How will instructors and skiers deal with the need to add and shed layers when the temps are so fickle here in New England? Instructors have to change layers fast between lessons. There's no time to walk down to the employee lot to do this at the car.

Good to know about parking. I am wondering if they will expand the preferred area in light of pass holder priority being a bigger deal. The booting up in the lodge makes no sense I agree, because they also said you can't store personal items in the lodge, so you would have to walk your stuff back there anyway. I also asked about kid's lessons, and they are only doing private lessons and if your kid can't ride lift on their own, then a parent can come along to help them on the lift. The instructor won't be allowed to lift the kids. The person I talked to also said they weren't planning on outside eating areas or food trucks, but to have grab and go available from inside. I think we are just going to have to picnic in the car...

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
^^Yes, it's supposed to be only private lessons this season. I suppose semi-private counts as private. What they will do with kids' seasonal programs has not yet been decided.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna