• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Breckenridge over Thanksgiving

Gina23

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll be skiing at Breckenridge Nov 21, 22, and 23 staying right at the base of Peak 9(walking distance to lifts).

We will be partying our butts off... anyone going to be around? Anyone want to do some runs?

G:yahoo:

Gina23

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
lol, i remember how excited i was when i posted this. now i'm almost in tears worried about the drive and the crowds tomorrow. screw this... it's not worth it. want my trail report? here it is... oh yay, they have 2 trails open and it took me 6 hours to drive up here in traffic and weather from denver. the 2 trails got boring by about 3 PM. now we have 2 more days up here and all we get to do is sit around and drink and wonder if they'll open another trail. whoot.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Gina,

I don't know what to tell you. Early season is iffy. I skied Keystone yesterday and Copper today. For what is open conditions are good. Some icy areas but few rocks. Yes, more crowded than I prefer but I'm spoiled, I don't ski during holidays.

Copper is opening the Super B on Friday and the areas are slowly opening more. It's going to be very cold and they are blowing snow like crazy. Hopefully, the storm will help but it doesn't sound hopeful.

Vail opens tomorrow and that will help the crowds. It's 8:10 pm and I can see I-70 from the tunnel into Dillion from my condo. There is a steady stream of traffic. :(

If you haven't skied yet this year remember that this is time to get your ski legs back, get out early, eat lunch early, ski between 12:00 and 1:00 while everyone else is eating lunch. Relax and enjoy yourself. Quit when your tired. You have the whole season to ski hard, this isn't the time for it.

Kathi

Jilly

Staff member
Yes early season is difficult. Last year I attended the CSIA convention at Tremblant. Fiirst it rained for 2 days, then cold. They had 3 runs open and only 1/2 way to the bottom. Over 400 instructors and staff on not much area. Plus add about another 100 or so weekend warriors- first flakers into the mix and it was not fun either. So I agree with little lightening. Get you ski legs back, make sure your equipment is up to snuff and enjoy your friends. Leave early on Sunday if the conditions don't improve and get ahead of the traffic. And at least your skiing - I'm not!! It was 50 degree around here today. No snow, but some coming.

SkiMave

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Whoa! That's great. Looks like there's a storm coming too tomorrow - 18cm. Hope you get to the hill before it hits.

Have fun!

Still thinking about getting up there over the holidays........looking pretty promising if the weather cooperates......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna