• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Breckenridge extended season

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
I am considering heading out to Breckenridge one last time for the week after Easter. In seasons past, Beckenridge has closed around the third week in April but for this year and hereafter, their season can last to as late as Memorial Day, conditions permitting. Has anyone experienced what skiing is like at Breck (or CO in general) in mid-April? What are they doing differently that they think they can go all the way to Memorial Day? I would only be skiing on the groomed blues on Peak 7.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here's what we know. Per the local radio station this morning, Breck is waiting on approval from the forest service. Not sure what will be open. I thought I originally heard only the Imperial chair was going to be open. With all the snow we've had that could change.

Skiing in April can be very nice or pretty lousy depending on temps. I generally stop about the 2nd week but this year may be different. Often the snow is great if you stay high and pretty slushy, sometimes bare at the bottom. A lot depends on the forecast for the next few weeks. This week temps are in the 50's.

April is a great time to ski. As temps warm up in the front range people lose interest in skiing so the areas will be less crowded.

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
Thanks for the info. Hmm, you mean they don’t really have approval yet? Their website sounds like it’s a done deal, conditions permitting. They are saying Peak 7 blue groomers would be open, plus the advanced terrain off the Imperial. I guess if I go, it’d have to be a last minute decision.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I remember when Breck applied for approval, it was during the govt. shutdown. They are also asking for a permanent extension. Both slowed down the process. It looks like they think they will get approval which is why they are advertising the extension.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here's the latest scoop. There is still a controversy over keeping the gondola open. If the gondola stays closed there will be shuttles between parking and peak 7.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna