• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Breckenridge anyone?

ArmyWife

Certified Ski Diva
Well--5 days to go to our trip to Breckenridge!!!!! For all of you "locals" out there--any suggestions on other activities to do while there (besides skiing of course). Some of the "kids" (all of ours are 17 years old and up) want to try snowmobiling. Any suggestions for fun stuff, good restaurants, good "clubbing" for the young adults in the crowd, etc. would be appreciated. I'm SO excited I could just die!!

PS--Husband is home from Afganistan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, ArmyWife! Good to hear from you and to hear that your hubby is home from Afghanistan! That's the best Christmas present ever!!!!

You're going to love Breckenridge. The town is great. Lots of good restaurants and shopping when you're done with skiing. I've been there a few times, and with re to restaurants, I remember liking Briar Rose and Cafe Alpine (good but pricey). Other than that, my mind is a blank. Maybe someone else can help???

Have a great trip, and be sure to post a trip report when you get back!

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
ArmyWife said:
Well--5 days to go to our trip to Breckenridge!!!!! I'm SO excited I could just die!! PS--Husband is home from Afganistan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had a fabulous time in Breckenridge a few years ago, and I'm sure you will enjoy it as well. Lots of fun, fun skiing. We also brought home suvenior wind chimes made from ski polls that were really neat. :smile:

I'm glad to hear that your hubby is home - safe and sound and on the ground. :smile:

sleddog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Dog sledding is loads of fun - although somewhat pricey - there are 3 outfitters for hire in the area and prices vary by length of tour - anywhere from about $65/person/hour to $290/couple for half day. I got a pet quality Siberian 12 years ago , then got into ski-joring after hiring a dog sled outfit in the Superior, WI area. Talk about power - those dogs are amazing.

We also did a short dogsled tour in the Snowmass area years ago.

Thatsagirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's wonderful to hear your husband is safe and home! :smile:

I have a few thoughts for you...

If Good Times Adventure Tours are still around, they let you mush your own dogs and drive your own snowmobiles. Guides with that company are great!

For dining:
The Cellar serves gourmet "small plates" to taste and share with your dining companions. Wines are served by the bottle, glass or flight. If you've never eaten in a restaurant like this, it's really fun and you get to try all different kinds of food (if you've ever heard of a tapas restaurant, this is like that).

Rado is chef owned and is known for exceptional fresh seasonal cuisine.

If you like Northern Italian meals of homemade pastas and breads, try The St. Bernard Inn.

Clubs:
Sherpa and Yeti's has live music and dancing. Bands play blues, jazz, funk and reggae, plus there's and a local musicians' night, so you'll need to check their calendar.

Salt Creek is another hot club with live music and a huge dance floor. There's always a HUGE line to get in.

For a classy bar, you and your husband should go to The Dredge, which is a replica of the dredge boats that churned the Blue River for gold in the early 1900s.

Also The Crown has cozy couches that are perfect for intimate apres-ski or late-night drinks, desserts and coffee.

Hope that helps. :smile:

Thatsagirl

Lisamarie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This week, Mark and I played tourist in our own town. We went to Spenser's at Beaver Run, which was surprisingly good. Angel's Hollow, on Ridge Street, does not look like it would be good, but it is actually fantastic! It's right next to the Backstage Theatre, which does some excellent shows.

Have Fun!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lisamarie said:
This week, Mark and I played tourist in our own town. We went to Spenser's at Beaver Run, which was surprisingly good. Angel's Hollow, on Ridge Street, does not look like it would be good, but it is actually fantastic! It's right next to the Backstage Theatre, which does some excellent shows.

Have Fun!

I second LM for Angel's Hollow -- great food, neat atmosphere.

The best Mexican is Jalapeno's -- it's not on Main Street, call for directions. It's not fancy, pretty small, but the food is amazing. They have this homemade salsa bar that is ... wow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna