• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Breck

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My Volkl Ones may get to come out and play this weekend =)

oo8B4vA.png

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Local weatherman just said the storm is slowing down which means the mountains may get more snow than predicted.

Moonrocket

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Whoo HOOO!

I am looking forward to tomorrow too! We made it over Berthoud and are waiting.

On a side note- where do you get your forecasts? Is there a good app?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On a side note- where do you get your forecasts? Is there a good app?

opensnow.com - they may have a web app, but I just use the website. Joel does an amazing job with Colorado forecasts. (He's the same meteorologist whose video Ski Diva posted about steeps.)

Local weatherman just said the storm is slowing down which means the mountains may get more snow than predicted.

I hope so! It was snowing around the canyon, but bone dry by the time I got to the tunnel, and bone dry - and warm - here in Breck. At this point I am pretty sure I'll be on the santa anas - if it's a few inches overnight and then several during the day, that's not enough on top of what we've had to bust out powder skis.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It was snowing in Silverthorne this morning but cleared by 9. Hope you get lots of snow. Skied Copper yesterday and the runs definitely need freshening up.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It was snowing in Silverthorne this morning but cleared by 9. Hope you get lots of snow. Skied Copper yesterday and the runs definitely need freshening up.

Yeah, with any amount of snow it is going to be dust on crust for sure. Heck, last spring I remember an 8" day that still skied like dust on crust.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Numbers for that storm have also ramped up for us in UT :thumbsup:

I am wondering if some powder skis might be in order for me this season, too. We'll see.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
copper was much refreshed today. They didn't report anything but got about 5-6" during the day, most of which fell before lifts started. I had a few nice lightly tracked runs (got a late start so no true untracked) and they were theoretically doing directed on Union Peak off of Rendesvous and maybe Sierra. There was definitely still edgy stuff under the new snow but since it was a bit of a wetter snow it will definitely help the base and if the next storm materializes like it's supposed to they should be in good shape.

Rumor is that the upper portion of Resolution will open tomorrow, and I wouldn't be surprised to see more directed elsewhere within the next week.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
copper was much refreshed today. They didn't report anything but got about 5-6" during the day, most of which fell before lifts started. I had a few nice lightly tracked runs (got a late start so no true untracked) and they were theoretically doing directed on Union Peak off of Rendesvous and maybe Sierra. There was definitely still edgy stuff under the new snow but since it was a bit of a wetter snow it will definitely help the base and if the next storm materializes like it's supposed to they should be in good shape.

Rumor is that the upper portion of Resolution will open tomorrow, and I wouldn't be surprised to see more directed elsewhere within the next week.

Breck reported I think 2" but had at least 5 by the time I got onto the mountain, and it kept puking (sorry) until after lunch. I took my new powder skis and was happy to have them. Unfortunately, only low-angle terrain was open - they'd even roped off Mayday / High A / Rounders etc. Very disappointing. Peerless trees skied nicely. Trees in general were pretty sketch, though - definitely a "be on your guard" thing. I'm hoping they'll drop some ropes tomorrow - or maybe open E Chair or T Bar. That would be sweet.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Breck's 24 hour report is 10" in the last 24 hours; 2" overnight. So yesterday totaled up to 8". That sounds right to me.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today did not suck.

hD1zSNf.jpg

Using my Top Secret Super Confidential knowledge of what's out there, my friend Elizabeth and I had a lovely day of mostly soft snow, and even had some fresh tracks here and there.

We are definitely well into spring conditions. The soft stuff was clearly softened by the sun, and just as clearly went crunchy the moment the shade hit it. By the end of the day, the lower mountain had just the right amount of slushiness to be fun without being sketchy.

It's definitely the season of sleeping in for the best snow. Ahhh. *turns off alarm*

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We were at Copper yesterday - it was pretty good! I had a blast. We decided to hop on the snow cat, and it's debatable if the 1 1/2 hour wait was worth it, but I found some untracked snow! I'm going to try and go up tomorrow, but I don't think it'll be nearly as nice after 2-3 days of freeze/thaw and a weekend of skiing. But yeah - no rush! If I get up there by 11 or so, I should have some fun.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We were at Copper yesterday - it was pretty good! I had a blast. We decided to hop on the snow cat, and it's debatable if the 1 1/2 hour wait was worth it, but I found some untracked snow! I'm going to try and go up tomorrow, but I don't think it'll be nearly as nice after 2-3 days of freeze/thaw and a weekend of skiing. But yeah - no rush! If I get up there by 11 or so, I should have some fun.
The cat doesn't run Mondays =/

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, I know! That's why we pretty much never ride it. Honestly, tomorrow I will probably mostly stick to groomers and focus on my form. We finished the day yesterday doing laps off of Super Bee and I had a blast! I was bummed when 4:00 hit.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In the future if you have an avy beacon, wear it if you plan on hopping the Copper cat because you can get into a priority line and save a heck of a lot of time.

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah... we watched people with beacons taking laps. It was a little bit painful to see. :cry:
That's a relatively new policy, I believe. Last time I took the cat was a few years ago and they didn't have a separate line for people with beacons. DH has one, but I don't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna