• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Breck/Keystone/A-Basin best time to go?

mahgnillig

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi ladies

My hubby and I are planning to spend a week in CO to take advantage of the 5 days skiing in CO or UT that is included in our Tahoe epic pass. We'll be staying in Silverthorne since we have a bunch of La Quinta points to spend (yay for free hotel rooms!).

For anyone who calls this area home, what is the best time to go? We're definitely going to avoid President's week as hubby will be away for work that week anyway. We're also unable to go in the first week of March as we'll have family in town.

Neither of us have skied anywhere other than Tahoe before, so any advice on things like where to park, what days to go to which resorts, what skis to bring etc. would be welcome.

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The obvious thing is that weekend are a total cluster because all of us Front Range skiers come up, so plan your skiing for weekdays as much as possible and avoid any 3-day weekends.

I’ve been skiing Summit County for years but this is the first year I’ve gotten an Epic Pass so the DH and I are figuring all of this out this year (we’ve always gone to Copper Mtn before this year). If you have any days at Vail and Beaver Creek, they are awesome and totally worth the drive. If you’re only looking at the three Summit County resorts, I prefer Breckenridge and A-Basin.

Both A-Basin and Keystone have pretty accessible free parking; parking at Breck is a pain. There is a free lot out by the airport with a free shuttle to the gondola.

Breckenridge is massive and has something for everybody, from ample green/blue cruisers to some seriously steep, extreme terrain. Keystone caters to families and has more easy terrain but there is some more serious stuff there, too. A Basin is generally for more expert skiers. They have a few groomers but not much.

Luckily we’re having a reasonably good snow year so most of the terrain is open at all three.

Fom Silverthorne, you’ll be closest to Breck and farthest from A-Basin. I think if I were you, I’d plan on spending most of my time there, with at least one day at A-Basin to check it out. And seriously, if you have any days at Vail or Beaver Creek, go! It is so worth it.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Frisco is closer to Breck. In Silverthorne Keystone and A-Basin are a straight shoot out route 6. Keystone is first. A-Basin is partially up Loveland Pass.

To get to Breck it's a couple of miles on I-70, then a short drive through the town of Frisco. Once out of town Route 9 takes you to Breck.

I prefer Keystone/A-Basin over Breck. Have the IKON pass so haven't been to any of the resorts this year.

Weather permitting takes a drive over Loveland Pass. The views are amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly