• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Breathable shorts under golf skirts please!

seastraight

Certified Ski Diva
Does anyone have suggestions for breathable shorts to wear under golf skirts or dresses? I had to buy a few new skirts this season and some of them are just so hot due to the sewn in shorts, even though they are cotton. The skirts are fine, but by the 10th hole I am ready to ... guess! If I could find some breathable bike shorts I might cut out the sewn in liners and just wear the skirt with different shorts. Thanks for any help!

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Check out KNIX? I have heard good things. $$$ but probably worth it. I also use BOODY bunders on hot days. ;)

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have you googled “merino golf skirt “ yet? I don’t play golf, but think Smartwool and icebreaker both have sport skirts with merino liner shorts.

altagirl

Staff member
What brand golf skirts? I have a lot of them and wear them for more than golf but can't think of any with cotton - mine are all wicking performance type materials. My only complaints tend to be if the grippers are too annoying.

It looks like most companies make a wicking short that you could use and cut out the stock lined. I just don't envision them being any cooler?

Jilly

Staff member
I've used pairs of skorts from Avia. They're not cotton, but polyester and cooler. I have a few pair from a Canadian manufacturer, the outer skirt is cotton, but the inner liner is some polyester blend. They aren't too bad for office day use, but too hot for playing in.

newboots

Angel Diva
Oooh! Boody. Almost all my undies are Boody. The bamboo fabric is very comfortable and pretty cool.

They make a pair of shorts, but they are long and the colors are all very dark:

But maybe a pair of boxers?

They come in many colors, including white.

seastraight

Certified Ski Diva
Just put in my order for Boody! I had never heard of them before so thanks, I hope they work! Also looking at Knix. I tried the Nike skirt but it is not for my body type - I always wanted to be long and lithe, but actually am more like a short rectangle, oh well LOL!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly