• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bowling?

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anyone else here do bowling competitively? I do ten-pin, but please chime in if you do candle or duck pin as well. We've just gotten back to the sport for the first time since college. Sadly I don't hurt myself on the slopes, but I go bowling Saturday and manage to screw up my hip to the point where it's a pain getting in and out of the car :doh:

But alas situations are conspiring against my skiing again before later this month so there is time to heal.

As for ten-pin, I'm not bad and have my own equipment - ball, wrist brace, shoes, bag. Some of it is from when I first learned to bowl - my bag and brace desperately need replacement - as a teenager in the late 80s. My ball and shoes were acquired when I was bowling regularly in college, but the ball may need replacement soon. Luckily bowling equipment is nowhere near as expensive as skiing!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Persee, I'm so glad you started this thread, even though it was 2 1/2 years ago and I am the first to respond.

We bowled competively when we lived in New York. However, when we started skiing it interfered with winter leagues. Also, I developed a very painful ganglia at the base of my thumb. Between the 2 we pretty much stopped bowling. We moved to CA in late 1980 and have bowled only a handful of times in the past 30 years.

Fast forward to about a week ago. DH dreamt he had bowled a 300 game and decided he wanted to start bowling again. Apparently there have been some changes to the lanes and to ball technology since we last bowled.

I am not ready to throw my old full fingertip 16# ball and never will use that ball again. So I bought a new 12# ball and bowled for the first time with it tonight. Bowled a 146 and a 157 which is amazing considering I had no idea what I was doing. Also, both my shoes and DH's shoes fell apart after 2 games. So tomorrow he will probably buy a new ball and we will both buy new bowling shoes. As you said, lucky that bowling equipment is less costly than ski equipment.

No pain from my ganglia, no pain from my bad knee, and DH did fine with his hips. So I guess we're back to bowling as a pastime if not a sport! :eyebrows:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly