• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bootfitters by Region - USA - Western & Rocky Mountain Regions

SqueakySnow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Northern California – South Lake Tahoe

Tahoe Sports Ltd.
4000 Lake Tahoe Blvd. #7
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
530-542-4000
https://www.tahoesportsltd.com/

Sorry for the double post, but I just remembered my boot fitter's name... Chadwick

He was outstanding and knew the fit details for every boot in his inventory. He offered 3 pair, and I ended up with the first one I tried on (Salomon xPro 90), but was still in the store for about 3 hours dialing it in. I was so over the moon that my wife went back the next weekend and had him fit a pair for her. She has been equally happy with his expertise.

Chadwick was amazing, but everyone in that department is highly skilled. An instructor at Sierra-at-Tahoe recommended the place and it was perfect. I've had trouble with boots before, but not this pair. One tiny hotspot the first day, but it was gone the next. I've never loved a pair of ski boots before, but these are the perfect boot for me and a perfect fit. I'm a firm believer that as your boots go, so goes your skiing.

mustski

Angel Diva
UPDATE: Bud Heishmann - Snowwind Sports- has moved to a new location in the Reno area.
17025 Mount Rose Highway
Reno,NV 89511
(775) 323-9463
https://www.snowind.com

About 15 minutes from Mt. Rose and 15 from downtown Reno.
I highly recommend him. I just had boots done by him and he is also a national rep for boot doc liners which are the reason I went to him.

ski_hat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I want to give a massive shoutout to Alexis over at Start Haus in Truckee, CA. I went to see her after my boots (which I got from CalSkiCo only 3 years ago) completely padded out and became horrifically big. She was able to diagnose the issue immediately and set me up with new Nordica boots which fit me like a wonderfully firm handshake! Highly recommend.

Alexis at Start Haus
11410 Deerfield Dr.
Truckee, CA 96161
(530) 582-5781
https://starthaus.com

SnowDancer

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Washington/Idaho

Alpine Pro Performance Co
9998 W. Gallop LanePost Falls, ID
(202) 818-7005
[email protected]

Spokane to Sandpoint
Diva Rec: Geargirl
Washington

Martin Rand
Sturtevants

1100 Bellevue Way NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
425-454-6465

Diva Rec: Kim Kircher
Chuck
McU Sports

2314 Bogus Basin Road, Boise Idaho
(208) 336-2300
https://www.mcusports.com/
Additional Comments: I don't know about the shop downtown, but the one on Bogus Basin Road. Any one of the team there and you're in good hands. If they are stumped, or your foot needs something a little extra, they get Chuck. Chuck's amazing, and he's got a great crew!

Diva Rec: Kano
Oregon

Don Svela, Custom Boot Fitting
Strolz Ski Boots Northwest

34116 Church Rd.
Warren, Oregon
503-577-3240
[email protected]
www.strolzskiboots.com

Tahoe Area

Bud Heishman
Snowind Sports

Grand Sierra Resort
2500 E. 2nd Street
Reno, NV 89595
(775) 323-9463
www.snowind.com
Jim Schaffner, Jim Fowler (Sierra Jim), Phil (Philpug)
The Start Haus

10990 Donner Pass Rd
Truckee, CA 96161
(530) 582-5781
www.starhaus.com
Additional Comments: Start Haus has three boot fitters that made the nations top 10 list two years in a row. They have a full staff of bootfitters on and a crazy busy boot bench beginning in September through the winter.
Call if you want an apt with someone specific, or stop in and see who you get. All of them are great fitters, some with certain expertise (recreational, race, backcountry, tele, ...)

Diva Rec: SnowHot
Los Angeles

Claude Swonger, Master Bootfit certified
Ski Net Sports

11378 Ventura Blvd, Studio City, Ca
(818) 505- 1294
www.skinetsports.com

Additional Comments: Just got new boots with custom footbeds. He schedules only one fitting per two hour window, so you get his complete attention. (skithesierras)
I am thrilled with his attention to detail. He has an “if you don’t love it, you don’t own it” 12 month guarantee. On the first fitting, he spent an hour on assessment and measurements, fitted me in a boot I love, molded intuition liners, and made custom orthatics. I skied them for about 8 days, then went back for tweak. Claude couldn’t have been nicer! He took his time, adjusted the orthotics, fixed my heel slop, and now the fit is great. (mustski)

Diva rec: mustski, skithesierras, owl
Mammoth Lakes

Corty or Kevin
Footloose Sports

3043 Main Street, Mammoth Lakes
(760) 934-2400www.footloosesports.com
Additional Comments: Go during the middle of the day on a weekday for the best service. A major bonus there is you can DEMO their boots with the rental amount going towards the purchase of boots if you do buy some. Try to see Corty or Kevin, who is a pedorthist. (Contesstant)

Diva Rec: contestant, skibum4ever

Jim Lindsey
BOOTech,Inc.

Highlands Center
Aspen Colorado
970 429 3272
https://www.bootech.net/pages/home.html
Greg Hoffmann
Ski Boot fitting,Inc.

Lionshead Circle and Skier Enhancement Center
Vail, Colorado
802-379-1014
[email protected]
www.skibootfitting.com
Jeff Bergeron
Boot Fixation

127 S. Main, Breckenridge, CO
https://bootfixation.com/
Eric Ward
The Foot Foundation

PO Box 2574
Aspen, Co. 81612
www.footfoundation.com
[email protected]
David MacMillan C.Ped
Best Fit Boots @ Paragon Sports

560 Mountain Village Blvd.
Telluride Mountain Village 81435
970-728-0992 shop
970-729-0262 cell
[email protected]
bestfitboots.com
Larry Houchen
Larry's Bootfitting

2709 Spruce Street
Boulder, CO 80302
303-402-6733
https://larrysbootfitting.com/
Additional Comments: Larry Houchen has over 25 years of boot fitting experience from top Olympic athletes to the casual skier. Larry's Boot Fitting has been recognized in Ski Magazine, Skiing Magazine, Rocky Mountain News, 5280 Magazine, Ski Racing Magazine, and The Boulder Daily Camera as THE shop for boots and boot fitting. People from all over the country come to Boulder, Colorado to see Larry for a custom fit. (Lucine)
Diva Rec: Lucine, Mollmeister
John
One Stop Ski Shop

35 11th St
Steamboat Springs, CO. 80487
877-754-7474
www.onestopskishop.net
Additional comments: John owns the place and per his website, they have "a trillion years" of experience. Quite a cheeky bunch. My husband and me purchased boots last year and it made so much difference in our skiing. (SkiBee)

Trillion years could be close! They tweaked and modified my boots in 1988! Ditto DS. That's 22 years ago. (MSL)
Diva Rec: SkiBee, MaineSkiLady
Ollie
Boot Doctors

650 Mountain Village, Telluride, CO
(970) 728-8954
www.bootdoctors.com
Additional Comments: Robbie and Ollie…can't recommend them highly enough for ALL gear. Ollie works the US season as well and BOTH are qualified fitters. If you Do go to Ollie, tell him an Aussie Ski Diva sent you. He MAY recall me as I came into Ajay's all the time.

Diva Rec: Anna
Podium Sports Group
720 Main St

Frisco CO 80443 (Right below Backcountry Brewery)
970-668-9996
www.podiumsportsgroup.com
Additional Comments: The manager Brian Eggleton did my initial shell fit, we ordered the proper flex model and then Mike did the remaining fitting including punches and custom foot bed. Both are awesome. (Robyn)

Diva Rec: Robyn
Jack Rafferty, MasterFit University Bootfitter
Aspen Sports

Snowmass Mall
Snowmass Village
CO 81615
(970) 618-2530
https://www.bootfitters.com/shops/thotic-shops-snowmass
Additional Comments: Jack Rafferty is their Certified Pedorthist (Ball State). He does a fabulous job.

Diva Rec: SkiNana

Sue Booker, Master Bootfitter & Trina (also excellent)
Loveland Ski Area

Exit 216 Interstate 70
Georgetown, CO 80444
303-569-3203 ext 117 (upstairs sports shop)
Additional Comments: Trina and Sue fixed my boots and greatly improved them, and I now have the footbeds that I knew I needed. An added bonus is being able to have tweaks made through the day, as the sports shop is maybe fifty steps from the end of the two main runs. (If you're going to do this, I'd suggest going on a weekday so you can be seen pretty quickly when you come back in. They get busy on weekends.)

Diva Rec: Alice H

In the Colorado list, the master boot fitter and owner at One Stop Ski Shop is John Kole. We've been going to Steamboat for 20+ years and were so glad to find John and his team. He's helped my guy find the right fit with ZipFit liners for his somewhat problematic feet (narrow heel, high instep, hot spots) and put me in boots (Dalbello boss) that I still love and almost never have to adjust. Over the years John & his team have continued to work with us, tweaking the fit as much as necessary. Tip: Bring them a six pack at the end of a day. :-)

steepsanddeeps

Certified Ski Diva
Can anyone recommend the best bootfitter for problem feet in lake tahoe? I was,a dancer (bunions foot surgery, restricted big toe flexibility, pronation) and tiny heal bones.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Darryl at Elite Feet is excellent. He has a shop at Northstar.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can anyone recommend the best bootfitter for problem feet in lake tahoe? I was,a dancer (bunions foot surgery, restricted big toe flexibility, pronation) and tiny heal bones.
Hoping someone might see this and share a name? Thanks Divas!
Anyone know if @SnowHot is still fitting or Philpug? They would be in Truckee. I'll try to ping on FB.
Thanks for the shout out.
Phil and I are both fitting by appointment only at BlueZone Sports in Truckee or Reno.
There aren't many boots left in stock now so fall may be a better time to do the fitting.
I have some history fitting dancer's feet as does Phil. In fact, one of my clients became a close friend and is in his third pair of boots that I've fit for him. He's a professional ballroom dancer and instructor.
I don't always get my notices on SkiDiva so reach out to me via pm if you want to work something out.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Thanks for the shout out.
Phil and I are both fitting by appointment only at BlueZone Sports in Truckee or Reno.
There aren't many boots left in stock now so fall may be a better time to do the fitting.
I have some history fitting dancer's feet as does Phil. In fact, one of my clients became a close friend and is in his third pair of boots that I've fit for him. He's a professional ballroom dancer and instructor.
I don't always get my notices on SkiDiva so reach out to me via pm if you want to work something out.
Oh good..... wasn't sure if you were still working at Blue Zone !

jbird

Diva in Training
for those in Vail- a few years ago Double Diamond (right by the Lionshead gondola) was bought by Christy’s but most of the bootfitters remain. They did some work for me on the fly when I visited last week and I was really impressed. A good choice if you need a fitter in the Lionshead/Vail area!

snow cat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are the SLC bootfitter recommendations from earlier still current or any new recommendations for a good boot fitter in SLC/PC area? Asking for a friend who needs to see one on our trip there in 2 weeks.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
How to add an update?
Micah Genteman, Sports Creel, Spokane Valley, WA - outstanding job fitting both (me and DH) weird fit.

Pat Sullivan (listed in Couer d'Alene) is actually in Jackson Hole but I don't have details.

QtrHrs3

Certified Ski Diva
California:

BestFit Boots
12047 Donner Pass Road
Truckee, CA. 96161
530-807-7626

There are several bootfitters that work here and all are excellent. Best to make an appointment because these fellows do not rush and will take their time getting you the right boot with the right tweaks. I have difficult feet with high arches and wide toe box: my last pair of boots from California Ski Company in Berkeley were expensive and never fit right....Bestfit got it right the first time and are willing to work with you post-sale gratis. Plus, the entire staff are just really nice people.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Yes, that could be part of it, but I've only ever tried to learn once before when I was out of shape & lacked the much of the core balance/stability muscles so necessary for skiing.

Jumping in here.

Boots are everything. Skis, not so much. I can rent or demo skis as long as I have my own boots that fit my feet like nothing else.

One will not get any better without a pair of well fitted boots.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna