• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bootfitters by Region - USA - Western & Rocky Mountain Regions

callmijane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Larry at the Ski and Bow Rack, Pagosa Springs CO.
[email protected] | Pagosa Springs, CO | 970-264-2370
Store Location 354 E. Pagosa St. Pagosa Springs, CO 81147

He does intuition liners, custom footbeds, and Fischer vacuum boots as well.

Spunk72

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just bought new boots after 14 years in the old ones.. In Steamboat Colorado I tried John at One Stop Ski Shop but nothing suited, so I had a great experience with Sam in Christy Sports at Gondola Square shop. I even got custom foot beds too, and tweaks all week to make sure all the niggles were ironed out.

Rainbow Jenny

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Please add third comment on Earl in Holladay, UT from me.

I heard about Earl from local SLC friends for several years, and he also came highly recommended from couple EpicSki Bears I met during the 2/14 gathering. I went to see Earl on Friday afternoon just to talk to him about my issues. I returned the following morning (after getting over the sticker shock) and left with my custom molded boots. They literally fit perfectly from day one. I've skied 10 days in them in all condition and cannot say enough good things about the experience and his impeccable service.

I noted he often discussed issues with his son in the shop who seems to be quite experienced and knowledgeable also. Great family business.

I didn't actually buy boots from Claude in Studio City, CA but participated every step along my SO's purchase. Claude and Earl have very different personality but clearly each take great pride in what they do. I don't think I can recommend on over the other.

mustski

Angel Diva
I am unable to add comments because I do not have editing privileges, but your comment in this thread will be here for any who browse in the future. I know litterbug absolutely LOVES Earl also. And yes, boot fitters seem to have distinct personalities!

Beasteroo

Certified Ski Diva
WASHINGTON
Centerline Ski & Boot Service - Steve Forsythe
11828 NE 8th Street, Bellevue, WA
425-451-3869
Steve's ski background is racing, and he has been in the business for about 35-40 years. He's a great guy and knows boots and skiing.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My latest boots were bought and fit with Chuck at Racer's Edge in Breckenridge, CO. He came highly recommended by several friends, as well as high level full time instructors.

They are more comfortable than any ski boot I've ever worn. And he really listened to me about my concerns. I got a custom foot bed, and he has the setup to mold Fischer heat-moldable shells.

I liked the technical approach - he took a lot of specific measurements, and he wrote them down. Whenever I check back with him, he pulls out his notes on my specific setup.

I also like that you can make an appointment with him, and then he personally will work on your boots. If you're a walk-up, however, you may end up working with one of the other employees.

I've noticed that the fitting process with Chuck can be a multiple-day affair, especially when he's busy, so bear that in mind. That may be because I'm getting a lot of custom work done. The heat-molded shells need 24 hours to set.

Chuck Ginsburg
A Racer's Edge
(970) 453-7600
114 Lincoln Avenue
Breckenridge, CO 80424

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
View attachment 6337 Utah
Bootfitter's Name: Chris
Name of Shop: INKLINE FOOT SCIENCE
Address of Shop: 2917 E 3300 S, Salt Lake City
Phone Number: 801-486-6999
Email: [email protected]

Additional Comments:
Chris is a master. My feet are truly outliers and difficult to fit on many levels (bunion, mortons toeS, narrow heel, small ankle angle.

Five hours, custom beds, grinding, foam injection, the works. It was grueling and tedious, but now----I have the best fit I've had in ski boots in 48 years! While there, he also made custom beds for my running shoes (to fix my knee problems). He's the one to go to if you are hard to fit.

Attachments

• INKLINE1.JPG
    INKLINE1.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 5

Beasteroo

Certified Ski Diva
ADD THIS GUY TO THE LIST FOR STATE OF WASHINGTON:

Brandt. Sturtevant's in Bellevue. He's been fitting forever, and he is really good. Spend a lot of his career up in the Everett/Mt Baker area. AWESOME!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My latest boots were bought and fit with Chuck at Racer's Edge in Breckenridge, CO. He came highly recommended by several friends, as well as high level full time instructors.

They are more comfortable than any ski boot I've ever worn. And he really listened to me about my concerns. I got a custom foot bed, and he has the setup to mold Fischer heat-moldable shells.

I liked the technical approach - he took a lot of specific measurements, and he wrote them down. Whenever I check back with him, he pulls out his notes on my specific setup.

I also like that you can make an appointment with him, and then he personally will work on your boots. If you're a walk-up, however, you may end up working with one of the other employees.

I've noticed that the fitting process with Chuck can be a multiple-day affair, especially when he's busy, so bear that in mind. That may be because I'm getting a lot of custom work done. The heat-molded shells need 24 hours to set.

Chuck Ginsburg
A Racer's Edge
(970) 453-7600
114 Lincoln Avenue
Breckenridge, CO 80424

I just want to reiterate how great Chuck is. The boots continue to be top-notch. I have no bunion pain or pressure whatsoever, but also no slop. Obviously this has a lot to do with the Fischer heat moldable shells, but he also helped me find a more upright boot that would fit my foot well. It was very comfortable even before the molding. Because of my bunion pain, he also ensured that my custom footbed curved around the outside of my foot so that my foot couldn't slide toward the side of the boot - something my old custom footbeds did not have. Lots of attention to detail.

So then I started my quest for AT boots that wouldn't kill my feet. I had the inspiration to check if Fischer had heat-moldable AT shells, and indeed they do. Chuck called Fischer for me to find out more about the differences among the several offerings, and that's how we found out that differences between men's and women's boots were purely cosmetic - just the shell color :doh:

Long story short, I ordered an older men's boot in my size and had Chuck evaluate the fit. I had a couple of concerns - without modifications, the sixth toe had some pressure, although not a ton, and I had a lot of heel room. We knew I would do custom footbeds if I got the boots, and I'd have heel lifts. Chuck stuck some foam on the stock footbeds and had me try the boot that way. OMG. These "trial" modifications reduced pressure on the side of my foot *and* tightened up the heel pocket. This is probably not magic, but letting me try the boot with these changes allowed me to go from "I think probably this boot will work?" to "Yes, I feel comfortable keeping this boot rather than returning it."

It will be a while before I can actually ski in these boots, but I'm pretty excited.

skimamma

Certified Ski Diva
Here's my bootfitter's info:

Bootfitter's Name: Josh (sorry, don't know his last name - he is one of the owners)
Name of Shop: Diamond Peak Sports
Address of Shop: 2429 N Highway 158, Eden, UT 84310
Phone Number: 801-745-0101
Email: [email protected]

Additional Comments: Josh is a certified pedorthist - he makes orthotics. So he gets it when it comes to fit issues. He is very thorough, and made changes in my boots that completely changed the way I ski. My DS needed new boots last year, and Josh recommended boots based on his foot structure - NOT necessarily what DS was looking at! Plus, he was very good about staying within our budget. I could see marked improvement in DS' skiing, and he was already at expert level. The whole second floor of the shop is a sale area - don't miss it! Note: this is in the Ogden Valley, above Ogden. Very handy if you are staying in the valley (i.e. Moose Hollow, Lakeside, etc.).

Josh is terrific! His last name is Mortenson (sp?). There is also a another man who does a great job at Diamond Peak as well. However, I cannot think of his name. If you are a racer and getting boots fit at Diamond Peak...be sure to use Josh. If not, either of them are great!

My racing daughter has used 3 different boot fitters in UT. 2 in Park City, 1 in Eden. Josh is great (Eden)
She has also been happy with Matt Schiller

Bootfitter's name: Matt Schiller
Name of Shop: Park City Boot Room
address: 2065 Sidewinder Drive, Park City
Phone: 435.901.2562.

Matt is excellent with race boots. However, he is much more difficult to get an appointment with than Josh. Matt is also more expensive. In our area of UT, my advice would be to use Josh unless you have some special racing needs. Josh does not carry race boots, however he will order them if you know what you need. Although my daughter primarily used Matt this year....I totally trust Josh and think very highly of him. We will frequently run the boots up to Josh if she needs a small mid year adjustment. (We did not use Josh to do her main fitting this fall because as a 14 yo racer, she needed to be trying on multiple race boot brands with multiple flex choices.)

I will not mention the third, because we were rather disappointed with him (also located in Park City and no one in this thread has recommended him; although, he does have a great reputation.).

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Great info here. As an older skier with many (not one but several) foot issues, getting ski boots right has been a life-long quest. I finally found someone who got it right for me and invested the four to five hours it took to get it right. Exhausting. Expensive. But Chris at Inkline NAILED it for me.

https://inklinefootscience.com/

Chris is the owner/master boot fitter, formerly at Snowbird, now he has his own shop.

The drawback---getting an appointment. He works long hours all winter every day---and is booked solid. I'm waiting for him to make adjustments to my backcountry boots---but I don't want to spend time and money elsewhere and not have it right for my bunions, mortons toes, and other fun anatomic anomalies that are my feet.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Josh is terrific! His last name is Mortenson (sp?). There is also a another man who does a great job at Diamond Peak as well. However, I cannot think of his name. If you are a racer and getting boots fit at Diamond Peak...be sure to use Josh. If not, either of them are great!

My racing daughter has used 3 different boot fitters in UT. 2 in Park City, 1 in Eden. Josh is great (Eden)
She has also been happy with Matt Schiller

Bootfitter's name: Matt Schiller
Name of Shop: Park City Boot Room
address: 2065 Sidewinder Drive, Park City
Phone: 435.901.2562.

Matt is excellent with race boots. However, he is much more difficult to get an appointment with than Josh. Matt is also more expensive. In our area of UT, my advice would be to use Josh unless you have some special racing needs. Josh does not carry race boots, however he will order them if you know what you need. Although my daughter primarily used Matt this year....I totally trust Josh and think very highly of him. We will frequently run the boots up to Josh if she needs a small mid year adjustment. (We did not use Josh to do her main fitting this fall because as a 14 yo racer, she needed to be trying on multiple race boot brands with multiple flex choices.)

I will not mention the third, because we were rather disappointed with him (also located in Park City and no one in this thread has recommended him; although, he does have a great reputation.).
Rich?
My better half works there and has for 19 years. (No, it's not Rich.) He tunes skis and does an AMAZING job. His attention to detail is borderline fanatical. He used to tune all of the OVST kids' skis until someone decided a shop in Park City would be better.

And Josh is truly brilliant. I kind of laugh :tongue: that you find him easier to get an appt with, but I will say, once you have one, he gives you his full attention. We bring him video and the way he analyzes it is pretty fascinating.

I think I know who you saw in PC, as I went to him two years ago. I wasn't particularly happy. He said I had a leg length discrepancy and his fix was a SIX mm heel lift inside one boot! Um, no. I spent more than $200 there and was not happy.

Cascadia

Certified Ski Diva
Washington -
JR at Sturtevants in Bellevue

Worked some serious magic on my boots to get my calves to sink down in and get my heels touching. Solved a ton of my heel lift problems that others just slapped on L-bars and volume shims inside and called it good. Had me switch to putting the powerstrap UNDER the buckles and holy cow am I locked in now!

Spunk72

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Washington -
JR at Sturtevants in Bellevue

Worked some serious magic on my boots to get my calves to sink down in and get my heels touching. Solved a ton of my heel lift problems that others just slapped on L-bars and volume shims inside and called it good. Had me switch to putting the powerstrap UNDER the buckles and holy cow am I locked in now!

Interesting, I am happy with how my boots fit generally. I have custom footbeds, heat molded liner and they were fitted by a guy I trust. But, I still get a little heel lift on my right foot. I just skiied two weeks and on tougher runs I really have to crank the buckles really tight. Can you post a pic of the powerstrap under the buckles? I am interested to see how that looks. Thanks.

Cascadia

Certified Ski Diva
Interesting, I am happy with how my boots fit generally. I have custom footbeds, heat molded liner and they were fitted by a guy I trust. But, I still get a little heel lift on my right foot. I just skiied two weeks and on tougher runs I really have to crank the buckles really tight. Can you post a pic of the powerstrap under the buckles? I am interested to see how that looks. Thanks.

Hopefully I figure this out right! 94E119BE-2365-4130-9477-79B219EC4CF5.jpeg94E119BE-2365-4130-9477-79B219EC4CF5.jpeg2A6739E7-BC33-4ECA-AD31-F9DB6FD9A918.jpeg

I have to butterfly open the plastic cuff and upper buckles to thread the strap under the cuff. There’s a notch for it on one side surprisingly enough, but the other side it wrinkles a bit where it dives under the cuff. Then really wrench down the power strap. He also told me not to pull up on the tongue, and to bend the tongue corners out as well. He mentioned that the tongue can also prevent the calf from sinking down. Once I wore them around the store strapped up this way and went up and down a set of stairs several times we noticed that the power strap sunk lower as does the top buckle now that the ladder has been shifted out a notch (Technica put adjustment holes for the buckles but then riveted the buckle ladder down?? 30 seconds with a Dremel tool and new hardware fixed that!) because my calf was sinking down into the boot. I have a ton more control in my boot now that I’m not on my tippy toes inside it and can actually pivot the ski. When I get on the steepest terrain that I’m comfortable with I can feel my foot slide forward-aft but not up and down, it’s locked in tight!

Spunk72

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks Cascadia! The explanation and pics make it a lot clearer. I will have a look at my strap and see if the same can be done. My bootfitter also explained that you don't pull the boot tongue up, you actually push it down... All very interesting!

SqueakySnow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Northern California – South Lake Tahoe

Tahoe Sports Ltd.
4000 Lake Tahoe Blvd. #7
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
530-542-4000
https://www.tahoesportsltd.com/

I bought new boots here last spring and it was an amazing experience. I can't remember my specific boot fitter's name, but everyone in that department is highly skilled. A ski instructor at Sierra at Tahoe recommended the place and it was perfect. I've had trouble with boots before, but not this pair. One tiny hotspot the first day, but it was gone the next. I've never loved a pair of ski boots before, but these are the perfect boot for me and a perfect fit. They changed my whole attitude about ski boots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dreamofskiing