• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bootfitters by Region - USA - Western & Rocky Mountain Regions

QtrHrs3

Certified Ski Diva
Hoping someone might see this and share a name? Thanks Divas!
BestFit Boots in Truckee...I have a rec on them lower in the thread. I've also got ballet dancer feet! You really need to make an appointment and be ready to spend the day: the fitters don't rush and are meticulous.

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
View attachment 6337 Utah
Bootfitter's Name: Chris
Name of Shop: INKLINE FOOT SCIENCE
Address of Shop: 2917 E 3300 S, Salt Lake City
Phone Number: 801-486-6999
Email: [email protected]

Additional Comments:
Chris is a master. My feet are truly outliers and difficult to fit on many levels (bunion, mortons toeS, narrow heel, small ankle angle.

Five hours, custom beds, grinding, foam injection, the works. It was grueling and tedious, but now----I have the best fit I've had in ski boots in 48 years! While there, he also made custom beds for my running shoes (to fix my knee problems). He's the one to go to if you are hard to fit.

Inkline is closed.

Mandy
Level Nine Sports - Millcreek
2927 E 3300 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84109
She is booked months in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220412-201935.png
    Screenshot_20220412-201935.png
    669.8 KB · Views: 1

SparkleBunny

Certified Ski Diva
Unfortunately it looks like Claude @ Ski Net Sports is no longer in business. Google notes they are permanently closed.

Rainbow Jenny

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For Northshore Tahoe for the past few years with downhill boots, I use Start Haus in Truckee and Phil Pugliese in Reno

For touring boots, I go to John at Tahoe Sports Hub in Truckee.

Best to do it in October, or as early in the season as possible.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@SparkleBunny for Mammoth I highly suggest Footloose as they have the best selection and you are able to demo boots before you buy. Demo boots are set up usually with a green superfeet off the shelf foot bed. They also make great custom footbeds. Kevin is my go-to, but he is only in Sun-Wed?

However, if anyone needs a "true" plug race boot you will not find it in Mammoth- unfortunately both Footloose and Kittridge are no longer stocking plug boots. They can be ordered but are not usually stocked other than a few "Jr" boot models. For plug boots or for someone who has more complex boot fitting needs or advanced boot work Start Haus is also my suggestion go straight to the top and ask for Jim.

newbieM

Angel Diva
Any update on Utah/SLC boot fitters. I have complicate feet - wide feet with bunions, narrow heel, super flexible ankles, bigger calves.

I saw Mandy last season and she tweaked my current boots a bit to relive a hot spot so maybe I return to her. Her suggestion was that my boots are too beginner for me and to take my skiing to the next level I’ll need to probably change.

but before I pay for a full boot fitting I wanted to know if that’s the next place to go.

thanks!!

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Any update on Utah/SLC boot fitters. I have complicate feet - wide feet with bunions, narrow heel, super flexible ankles, bigger calves.

I saw Mandy last season and she tweaked my current boots a bit to relive a hot spot so maybe I return to her. Her suggestion was that my boots are too beginner for me and to take my skiing to the next level I’ll need to probably change.

but before I pay for a full boot fitting I wanted to know if that’s the next place to go.

thanks!!
Mandy is great follow her advice.

tika55

Certified Ski Diva
Has anyone tried Switchback Sports in Steamboat? It seems that One Stop Ski Shop is now Switchback.

Alternatively any feedback on Le Feet Lab in Winter Park?

Trying to find a recommended bootfitter in one of the towns I know I'll visit this season. Otherwise I'll drive to Outdoor Divas in Vail. :smile:

Last edited:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Has anyone tried Switchback Sports in Steamboat? It seems that One Stop Ski Shop is now Switchback.

Trying to find a recommended bootfitter in one of the towns I know I'll visit this season. Otherwise I'll drive to Outdoor Divas in Vail. :smile:
I'm familiar with both of those shops.
LeFeet Lab in WP is top notch.

As for Steamboat, I am familar with One Stop Ski Shop but not familiar with their bootfitting expertice. They have both old and new equipment so its a little eclectic.

In Steamboat, I'd go to Steamboat Bike and Ski Kare. Harry is the owner, but his sons are starting to take over as he starts thinking about retirement.
Really good shop!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Years ago I met one of the bootfitters at Le Feet Lab. He turned me off because he insisted that Dalbello's were the only boots that would work for me. He based that on an issue I have with getting my boots on, not on fit. That said, I didn't visit the shop because of their limited selection of sizes in 22.5. Outdoor Divas had a shop in Denver so I stayed with them for my needs.

I suggest giving the shops a call and see which shop gives you the best vibes.

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Washington

Bootfitter's Name:
Andrew
Name of Shop: evo Seattle
Address of Shop: 3500 Stone Way N, Seattle, WA 98103
Phone Number: (206) 973-4470
Email: -

Additional Comments:
He was assigned to me through the evo Signature Fit service, which is $150 for 2 hours on top of your purchases, but the purchases get discounted through your package. In addition, you get the store to yourself as the appointment is an hour before it opens. They get you coffee or tea and you get to pick the type of playlist for the day, LOL. Any services like mounting or re-mounting etc are also put on "rush" for you.

My appointment was really only for 2 hours, but Andrew ended up spending 3.5 hours with me, really explaining everything and answering any questions I might have. He really got my input on everything and that guided my appointment. He even talked me through why we might need to remount my bindings and even introduced me to the service lead to get a second opinion.

And this is how I knew he was truly a good bootfitter - he asked me to drop in whenever I needed to and even if I wasn't there for my ski boots, even just to give him an update on how this fit was working out for me. A good fitter really wants to know how it's working for you because it's feedback that helps you improve and move forward!

tothetrail

Certified Ski Diva
@SparkleBunny for Mammoth I highly suggest Footloose as they have the best selection and you are able to demo boots before you buy. Demo boots are set up usually with a green superfeet off the shelf foot bed. They also make great custom footbeds. Kevin is my go-to, but he is only in Sun-Wed?
I'd like to use Kevin, but he is out of town for the next three weeks, and I'll be in Mammoth the last week of October. Is there anyone else you would recommend? Corty has retired.

I have to decide whether to:
1. Go this month, when they would probably have the largest selection, and have to use someone other than Kevin
2. Go once the season starts, get Kevin, and possibly make use of the 'Try before you buy' program, but likely have less of a selection

My feet are both super sensitive on the tops of them, I really need to find a boot that is comfortable all day, especially when hanging while sitting on the lift. I made the mistake of purchasing some end of the season leftover boots a few years ago that have never been right for me.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@tothetrail hmmmm I like the try before you buy program. Depends on what size you are regarding how soon to sell out - size 22.5 will be mostly sold out by December. Also depends on what your potential issues are and what level skier you are. There are others there that can help for sure. Honestly I would go in October, do some leaf looking and boot trying on and then go back and ski in November / try buy and book something with Kevin. I will say they have the best selection - have you called to see what they have in stock so far? How close are you to 25 posts so I can PM you? If you need back country boot Mammoth Mountaineering also lets you demo some of the more popular boots and has a great selection.

tothetrail

Certified Ski Diva
I have 10 posts.

I am around a size 25.5

Technically probably intermediate, but will try any run.

Only issue is the tops of my feet.

Thank you! I like the idea of going in October to try them out, and then waiting to book with Kevin. They just said they have 80% of their stock at this point. Not sure what they have specifically.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ok at size 25.5 you're good, but you're probably really a 24.5. :wink: Plenty of stock usually in those sizes, it's the 22.5s that go fast. Also it's such a treat to be able to try boots before you buy..... I would take advantage of it. Just understand it's busy on the weekends and Kevin may have a non weekend schedule. When you get to 25 posts PM me and I'll give you more info.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for the shout out.
Phil and I are both fitting by appointment only at BlueZone Sports in Truckee or Reno.
There aren't many boots left in stock now so fall may be a better time to do the fitting.
I have some history fitting dancer's feet as does Phil. In fact, one of my clients became a close friend and is in his third pair of boots that I've fit for him. He's a professional ballroom dancer and instructor.
I don't always get my notices on SkiDiva so reach out to me via pm if you want to work something out.
I was contacted by someone about fitting and want to update.
In the OP it says I'm at Start Haus. All of the fitters listed there are no longer there, with the exception of Jim Schaffner by appointment for established customers only as he's retiring

Phil and I fit out of our home new with a complete boot lab
Boot lab 2.jpegboot lab pics.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly