• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bootfitters by Region - USA - Western & Rocky Mountain Regions

tothetrail

Certified Ski Diva
If you need back country boot Mammoth Mountaineering also lets you demo some of the more popular boots and has a great selection.
That's where I got my backcountry boots. Love them, those guys were great. I was able to demo several different pairs in different sizes. After I settled on brand, I was right on the cusp of two different sizes when he mentioned that the men's Dynafit boots have slightly different sizing and I may like to try it. I was reluctant, but after going out on the last day, they were perfect. They spent some time fine-tuning them and eventually dialed them in perfectly. I can tour in those boots all day long.

tothetrail

Certified Ski Diva
It turns out I will be in Steamboat the last week of November, which I may try as an alternative to Mammoth for bootfitting.

From what I can find, there are a few bootfitter recommendations:

Steamboat Bike and Ski Kare, Harry or his sons (looking online, they have the least selection of Brands)
Switchback Sports, John (when it was One Stop Ski Shop)
Christy Sports, Sam

Any other more recent recommendations?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
IMHO Steamboat Bike and Ski Kare is still your first option if you're able to connect with them.
I'm not familiar with Sam at Christy Sports.

newbieM

Angel Diva
Any recommended expert bootfitter in SLC, Utah who will spend some time with me - I am near cottonwood at the base of the mountain - besides Mandy for complicated feet and all in all complicated stance/etc. She's awesome but very full schedule (happy for her!) and just want another backup.

I am thinking maybe custom footbeds but sigh, so expensive. Does anyone know how much they should run? I think I need someone to help tweak my boots some so that my toes don't get crushed from just standing in them.

@SnowHot how far are you from Los Angeles ;) I've only skied in SLC so maybe I need a trip up north, I just don't love driving in crazy conditions. Maybe if I don't get this resolved I can bring my boots out late in the season.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Any recommended expert bootfitter in SLC, Utah who will spend some time with me - I am near cottonwood at the base of the mountain - besides Mandy for complicated feet and all in all complicated stance/etc. She's awesome but very full schedule (happy for her!) and just want another backup.

I am thinking maybe custom footbeds but sigh, so expensive. Does anyone know how much they should run? I think I need someone to help tweak my boots some so that my toes don't get crushed from just standing in them.

@SnowHot how far are you from Los Angeles ;) I've only skied in SLC so maybe I need a trip up north, I just don't love driving in crazy conditions. Maybe if I don't get this resolved I can bring my boots out late in the season.
Brent Amsbury in Park City. Can you get to him?

Verve

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got my custom fitted AT boots from The Sport Loft near you and had a good experience (I also bought my first pair of Lange downhill boots there years before without a custom footbed). Fair warning they spend a *lot* of time looking at your feet, stance etc. I didn’t feel upsold but I did end up spending a fair amount. I think they’d be happy to work with you over time to trouble shoot anything that came up!

greentea

Diva in Training
VERMONT
Bootfitter's Name: Bill Haight
Name of Shop: Green Mountain Orthotic Lab
Address of Shop: 38 VT Route 30, Winhall, VT 05340
Phone Number: (802) 875-1122 An appointment is required for all services
Email: [email protected]

Additional Comments: This is the only boot fitter I've come across that could fit my difficult feet. I can once again enjoy a full ski day!

slow_biscuits

Certified Ski Diva
Bootfitter's Name: Nick
Name of Shop: Ski Haus
Address of Shop: 801 N. Humphreys Street, Flagstaff, AZ
Phone Number: (928)774-7671

Additional Comments: two knowledgeable boot fitters- Nick and Josiah. Nick helped me get the perfect fit, and is very patient! Would recommend. They sell and fit: Atomic, Salomon, Roxa, Head, Dynafit, K2, Lange, Rossignol.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly