• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bootfitters by Region -USA - Eastern, Central, Mid-Atlantic

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Brian Deely
Pro-Fit Ski & Mountain Sports
34-B Catoctin Circle, SE
Leesburg, Virginia
703-771-7669

Brian is MasterFit University Master’s Level Certified in bootfitting and has been involved in ski and boot testing on the East Coast and in the Rockies for decades.
Plus, he's a super nice guy and I had a great experience with him!

Ditto the above review. I live an hour away from Leesburg, and Brian and his wife Nancy are more than worth the drive. Nancy helped me find the perfect boot, and Brian is making the adjustments to get me the best fit. I have annoyingly odd feet (wide forefoot, narrow heel, flat feet, large calf) and he is molding the shells. No, not a typo...molding the shells--woo hoo!--of my new Salomon X Pros. I can't wait to take them out on the hill!

Tryin2Ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ditto the above review. I live an hour away from Leesburg, and Brian and his wife Nancy are more than worth the drive. Nancy helped me find the perfect boot, and Brian is making the adjustments to get me the best fit. I have annoyingly odd feet (wide forefoot, narrow heel, flat feet, large calf) and he is molding the shells. No, not a typo...molding the shells--woo hoo!--of my new Salomon X Pros. I can't wait to take them out on the hill!

I just bought my daughter those boots from him and he heat molded the shell too. Really pretty boots too.

annetteski

Certified Ski Diva
If in Park City, Utah, go to Cole Sports in town and ask for John Landrigan. Great guy, terrific boot fitter. He told me for two years I needed different boots. Finally got them, and I am a happy woman! Comfortable feet, centered stance, got my mojo back.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@mustski , is this where the list will reside, or are you adding bootfitters we list here to the earlier thread? I'll just go ahead post my update here and on the other thread; hope that isn't too much of a pain.

Update: Now that the liners have packed out a little, Jeremy Middlemass, Earl's son, has recently worked on my boots, and I can report that my initial assumptions were correct: he's a great bootfitter, with the same attitude and attention to detail as his dad. He got my right boot back to the original fit on the first try, and depending on how last week's tweaks settle out after a few more days of skiing, the left boot is damn near close to perfect.

I noticed that they've apparently hired a new bootfitter to help out, which must mean that business is good--or that Earl is considering retirement, which I think he probably deserves. I don't know anything about the new guy, so I can't recommend him (yet), but it's safe to assume that Earl and Jeremy wouldn't stake the Sport Loft's reputation on someone who wasn't a great fitter.

I can now whole-heartedly recommend Earl Middlemass at The Sport Loft in Salt Lake City, Utah. I will never consider letting anyone else touch my boots. I had called to ask for a consult and wanted to pay a fee for his advice. He said he'd look at my boots to see if I even needed a consult and then we could talk about next steps.

Earl spent about an hour asking tons of questions both about my ambitions and exactly what happened when I was skiing--what parts of the turns I skidded or not, then evaluated my feet and boots and explained my anatomical irregularities and how the boots and custom insoles didn't work. He could charge me several hundreds to make the old boots work, or sell me the right boots and fit them to compensate for all my "issues." His basic fitting fee with hand-built insoles, all that anatomical and personal evaluation, and liner molding is around $300 in addition to the boots, although that's without "major" work like a lot of punching and grinding the shells, which I would have needed with the old boots.

Of course I opted for new boots. Last Friday's fitting took between 2 1/2 and 3 hours. After many steps and some serious education about why he did what he did, I ended up with a completely different kind of right insole, a boot stiff enough to let me stand upright in the boots, flex the cuff without my knees going forward of my bindings, have my right boot follow my knee so my shins stay parallel in a left turn, and generally remove all the twisting and muscling things around that I was doing.

I'd recommend Earl for anyone who wants an even better fit than a normal fitter could give you. But if you have any anatomical or mechanical weirdness or unevenness, this kind of fit is what you want in order to ski the best you can, and Earl is that kind of fitter. I haven't worked with his son Jeremy yet, but I'm sure he's just as competent, even though he doesn't have Earl's 40 years of experience. Instead, he's spent significant time in Europe (France in particular) learning about pedorthics (if that's what it's called) and how to work with problem feet.

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
so I couldn't tighten down my boots any further and didn't have a wrench to move the top buckles over, so I went in to the ski shop @ Hidden Valley today and told Mike there, who sold me the boots several years ago that they were too loose. HOLY COW what a difference some well placed pads and shims made! I finally know what you girls are talking about. WOW. They fit like a dream. why have I suffered so long?? I was up on edge and had control like never before.

Gwen

Diva in Training
Anyone know of a boot fitter in Snowmass? The one in Aspen is not too far but I was looking for one closer to me.

mustski

Angel Diva
Anyone know of a boot fitter in Snowmass? The one in Aspen is not too far but I was looking for one closer to me.

Welcome to the forum. Here is one in Snowmass who is recommended by one of our divas.
Jack Rafferty, MasterFit University Bootfitter
Aspen Sports

Snowmass Mall
Snowmass Village
CO 81615
(970) 618-2530
https://www.bootfitters.com/shops/thotic-shops-snowmass
Additional Comments: Jack Rafferty is their Certified Pedorthist (Ball State). He does a fabulous job.

Diva Rec: SkiNana

Here is a link to the thread with all the Western boot fitters who have been recommended
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/i...ion-usa-western-rocky-mountain-regions.16791/

Gwen

Diva in Training
Welcome to the forum. Here is one in Snowmass who is recommended by one of our divas.
Aspen Sports

Snowmass Mall
Snowmass Village
CO 81615
(970) 618-2530
Additional Comments: Jack Rafferty is their Certified Pedorthist (Ball State). He does a fabulous job.

Here is a link to the thread with all the Western boot fitters who have been recommended
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/i...ion-usa-western-rocky-mountain-regions.16791/
Thanks! I was fit for boots last year at SureFoot and have been miserable ever since. I returned to them five times and they were still unable to fit the boot so that I wasn't in a lot of pain. I have given up on them. The problem is now I have really expensive boots from them with their custom insole/liner. They removed and kept the original inner soft boot liner. I don't know if a new boot fitter would be able to work with that or if I need all new boots. Any thoughts?

Arogers

Diva in Training
Bootfitter's Name: Doug
Name of Shop: Ski Barn
Address of Shop: 1308 State Rte 23, Wayne, NJ 07470
Phone Number: (973) 256-8585

I bought my boots here a few years ago when I started skiing. I have wide flat feet and Doug fit my boots perfectly. I even brought them back after the first time using them to show him spots that hurt and he kept heating and molding the boots to my feet until they were comfortable.

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-23_14-56-29.png
    upload_2015-2-23_14-56-29.png
    773 bytes · Views: 4

vtgal7thgen

Certified Ski Diva
Bootfitter's Name: Joe or Steve
Name of Shop: Alpine Options
Address of Shop: 1726 Sugarbush Access Road Warren Vermont 05674 -
Phone Number: TOLL-FREE 1-888-888-9131
I can't recommend this shop enough- for the first time in 40+ years of skiing I have boots that are comfortable ALL DAY and I don't have to adjust them at all once buckled. In the past I'd have to open up the buckles every lift ride to avoid cold feet, pain, etc. I'm a tough fit because of a normal size foot and wide/low calf, plus I like a stiff flex boot (105 on my current boots) but we found my magic slippers here via custom footbeds, a good shell fitting and molded liners. Very detail oriented and no hard sell AT ALL which I appreciate. Went back after the first 10 days for a few adjustments and now I've skied another 20 without incident this season. SO HAPPY!

Bootfitter's Name: Nick Blaylock
Name of Shop: Mount Snow Bootworks
Address of Shop: Mount Snow base lodge
Phone Number: # 802.464.4052

Additional Comments: In top 15 bootfitters nationwide according to SKI mag. Loads of personal attention, always read to tinker and tweak the boot for you as you start packing down the lining. Pointed me at last years' model, which would have been a great boot choice for me any time, but he saved me about $250 without me even having to ask. Shop is located at the base of the main lift, so it's no trouble at all to take a few runs while trying out a tweak, and report back in for more work on the fly.

I know this is an older thread but since I am dealing with ongoing issue I was searching through the forum and found this. I was having a bad boot day when I was at Mount Snow for St. Patty's day this past March and went into the ski shop at Mount Snow in tears. Nick didn't help me but this other guy did and he was fabulous also. It wasn't a boot fitting but he spent a few minutes with me, made me a proper heal lift and told me the boots I was in weren't the right ones for me. He wasn't trying to sell me boots that day he was just letting me know that part of my issue was the boot with how my foot sat. He fixed me up with a heal lift and gave me a couple brands/models of boots to look out for in the fall. He was a hero to me because he fixed my problem as best as he could. Now that I have these heel lifts and wear smart wood slime green socks I ski pain free. I want to go back to snow and have a fitting with them because this guy won me over. I think this ski shop has quality folks in it that's for sure.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Aspen Sports

Snowmass Mall
Snowmass Village
CO 81615
(970) 618-2530

@Gwen Jack Rafferty is a really good guy in my book. I hope you found him and if not give him a try. I highly recommend.

Tvan

Angel Diva
Bootfitter's Name: Ed
Name of Shop: Ski Haus
Address of Shop: 162 Danbury Road, New Milford, CT
Phone Number: 860-355-2001

I had a really good experience at The Ski Haus today.

Background: 5 years ago, I worked with great boot fitter at Stratton who put me in a pair of Lange boots with custom foot beds. I loved those boots from the moment I put them on and my skiing was instantly improved. It was like magic.

Last season, I started to feel like those boots were too stiff for me, and I felt like I was working really hard in them. I went back to the shop at Stratton, only to learn that the person who originally fitted me was no longer there. Instead, I was assisted by a new person, who put me in a pair of Salomons (X Max 90). While they were beautiful, they were never really comfortable.

Today, I went to the Ski Haus near where I live. I took both pairs of boots with me. I was helped by Ed, who listened to my concerns, had me try both boots, and then made recommendations for adjustments. We ended up heat molding my Salomon shells, and liners, and he made adjustments to my custom footpads, and to the footbed of one of the boots. After an hour of work with Ed, my Salomons finally feel like "my" boots.

I also had my bindings adjusted, given my now-30 pound weight loss. The Ski Haus only charged me for the binding adjustments. I was flabbergasted. I bought neither pair of boots there, but they spent a huge amount of time with me, addressed my issue, and charged me nothing.

Huge shout out to Ed at the New Milford Ski Haus. Can't wait to get to the mountain.

BuckLup

Certified Ski Diva
I realize this is an old post but I had 2 to add I had not seen on this thread.
For VT: Racestock Sports - 69 S Main St, Waterbury, VT 05676
802-578-3585
https://www.racestocksports.com/

PJ Dewey is a master bootfitter. He is AWESOME. He fit my daughter and her funky feet and I was so impressed by his process, my next boots will likely come from here because of him. Nice guy. She races for a club team at UVM but I didn't want top of the line race boots as she still does more free skiing then racing. He never tried to upsell us, just worked with our needs and budget. She got custom insoles she can use for a good 10 years and this is where he was worth every penny. He was reasonable and really knows his stuff. Google him..there are some great articles about him. You don't have to be a racer to use him but for those that do, you will never want to go anywhere else.

MA: Summit Ski Shop - 686 Worcester Rd. (Rt 9 East), Framingham, MA 01702
508-875-5551
https://www.summitskishop.com/framingham

Teddy has owned this business for years and has a solid customer base from not just MA but New England. We have bought many boots from here and have had great bootfitting services. They are Master certified bootfitters.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Greg Pier
Heino's Ski and Cycle

65 State Route 23 Pequannock, NJ 07440
(973) 696-3044
Additional Comments: Greg, the owner is oh-so patient! Popular with the patrollers and instructors at Mountain Creek.
Unfortunately, Heino's is calling it quits in April 2017. The announcements went out in early Feb 2017.

Jane888888

Diva in Training
I just spoke to Heino's bc I have a tiny (size 21) foot and am in desperate need of new boots. The person at Heino's assured me that Greg will continue to do boot fittings - either at a small shop of his own or at another ski shop! He said that a letter would be going out to all the customers on their mailing list when they had news. I will definitely post further as I know more.

Also, they are having a 40% off sale starting on 2/20!!!

Lexie

Diva in Training
Bend , OREGON
Bootfitter's Name: Chris Wilde
Name of Shop: Sole Motion
Address of Shop: mobile van
Phone Number:541-788-3464
Email: [email protected]

Additional Comments:Excellent to work with, professional, and affordable ! Can't wait to ski my "new" boots

alison wong

Angel Diva
D.C. metro area (Northern Virginia, Maryland and D.C.)

Bootfitter's Name: Brian Eardley
Name of Shop: Alpine Ski Shop - Fairfax store
Address of Shop: 9629 Fairfax Blvd, Fairfax, Virginia 22031
Phone Number: (703) 385-7669

Additional Comments: He was recommended by a PSIA level 3 instructor at Whitetail (former Epic ski moderator). He made my custom foot bed last year, this year I will be purchasing a new pair of ski boots from him. Through my interaction with him, I found him to be very knowledgeable, experienced (spotted my alignment issue very early on) and honest. He does not "promote" the newest model ski boots, hi end ones, or the models sell in his shop (he actually suggested me to go to a competitive store to try out a model because his store does not carry that model.) After trying out few ski boots, he recommended a prior year model because it was a high-end good quality boots in a discounted price.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bootfitter's Name: Marc Stewart
Name of Shop: The Boot Lab
Address of Shop: Windham Mountain, Base Lodge Area
Phone Number: 518-734-4300 x1193.
Website: https://www.windhammountain.com/resort-services/custom-boots/
Email: [email protected]

Highly recommend Marc; he was attentive, knowledgable, and honest. He helped make my Lange RS boots softer in flex and punched out the toe area. He understood exactly what was wrong with them as I described it and worked with me (rather than talking "at" me) to devise a solution. He also gave me some recommendations for boots to try in the long term. Very positive experience. Definitely make an appointment.

Bootfitter's Name: JD
Name of Shop: True Blue Mountain Sports
Address of Shop: Blue Mountain Ski Area, Palmerton, PA, Valley Base Lodge
Phone: 610.826.7700, x.2254
Website: https://www.skibluemt.com/winter-sports/skiing-snowboarding/retail-and-tuning/
E-mail: ?

JD is a knowledgable bootfitter in a shop/resort that's a bit more limited and "light retail" than other resorts and ski shops. But if you're in northeast PA and looking for boots, it's worth a stop, especially given the dearth of decent ski shops in the region. (Stay away from Buckmans). He worked with me to heat-mold a pair of boots that eventually replaced the Lange's that Marc Steward helped me with. The work was excellent and the boots ended up fitting very well.

A word about Alpina: I know Dieter is popular among local Divas, but I do want to caution that I had a negative experience there with a pair of skis that needed a base grind and bindings mounted. Dieter was pushy and condescending and refused to do a base grind, insisting that "the factory tune is the best tune skis will ever have" even though I could tell by using a true bar that they were significantly concave. He also insisted on mounting the bindings in a forward position on account of my having lady parts or whatever. On both counts, he was so aggressive that I just gave up trying to argue and let him mount the bindings (more fool me; I would not be so passive now). Of course, they skied like absolute garbage, and I had to pay $100 at another shop to have the bases ground flat and the bindings re-mounted (and the re-mount negatively affected the re-sale value of the skis). So, just be aware of his approach if you go there.

newboots

Angel Diva
Dieter was pushy and condescending and refused to do a base grind, insisting that "the factory tune is the best tune skis will ever have" even though I could tell by using a true bar that they were significantly concave. He also insisted on mounting the bindings in a forward position on account of my having lady parts or whatever. On both counts, he was so aggressive that I just gave up trying to argue and let him mount the bindings (more fool me; I would not be so passive now). Of course, they skied like absolute garbage, and I had to pay $100 at another shop to have the bases ground flat and the bindings re-mounted (and the re-mount negatively affected the re-sale value of the skis). So, just be aware of his approach if you go there.

Yikes! What a pain!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly