• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bootfitters by Region -USA - Eastern, Central, Mid-Atlantic

mustski

Angel Diva
With SkiDiva's permission, I have taken the information from this thread:
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/list-of-bootfitters-across-the-world.6375/
and organized it according to region. I excluded any recommendation that did not include personal experience. The original thread is still fully intact and includes all that information.

A bootfitting is not the same as "trying on boots." It is both a science and an art. To understand this better, go here:
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/why-you-yes-you-need-a-boot-fitting.2075/

The purpose of this thread is to provide an easy reference for women looking for a qualified bootfitter in a particular area. I have referenced the diva(s) who recommended a particular bootfitter. For further information, you can send them a private message. There are a few bootfitters listed from the original posting. I believe that information came originally from Epic and is trustworthy.

If there are great bootfitters with whom you have had personal experience, please add them here using this format:
Bootfitter's Name:
Name of Shop:
Address of Shop:
Phone Number:
Email:

Additional Comments:

mustski

Angel Diva
Vermont

Stratton, Vermont
[email protected]
www.gmolfoot.com
802 875-1122

The Boot Pro
The Market Place

44 Pond Street,Ludlow, VT
(802) 228-2776
https://www.thebootpro.net/
Additional Comments:I got my most recent pair of boots here and they are great. Very nice, very helpful, great bootfitters. (RachelV)

Diva Rec: RachelV, Lilgeorg, Ski Diva

Inner Bootworks
Mountain Road, Stowe,Vt

www.innerbootworks.com
Additional Comments: They're great, I no longer look forward to taking off my boots at the end of the day!! (Suds)

Thanks to all of the knowledgeable SkiDivas on this topic, I finally got my boots properly fitted at Inner Bootworks, Mountain Road, Stowe, Vermont. They were amazing and ended my season of boot doubt and trouble. (junedog)

Diva Rec: Suds, junedog

Gary
Startingate

100 Vermont 30 Bondville, VT
(877) 297 -1213
(Stratton).
www.startingate.net
Additional Comments: I'd recommend Gary @ Startingate in Bondville, VT… more tweaking experience with Gary, and have been quite happy with them.

Diva Rec: Quiver Queen

Karen & Peter
The Basin Ski Shop

2886 Killington Road, Killington, VT
(802) 422-3234Toll free: (877) 487-9972
www.basinskishop.com

Diva Rec: Quiver Queen

Hal Karabots
Northern Ski Works

2089 Killington Road, Killington, VT
802-422-9675
www.northernski.com
Additional Comments: Hal is a genius. He's fitted everyone in our family -- and we all have serious foot "issues."

Diva Rec: SkiMoose

Torin
Totem Pole Ski Shop

16 Pond St, Ludlow, VT
(802) 228-8447
www.totempoleskiandboard.com
Additional Comments: I worked with Torin and he is really great and a pedorthist as well. Highly recommend.

Diva Rec: MissySki

Richelson's Feet First

Exit 26 off I93
7 Town West, Plymouth, NH 03264
(603) 536-3338
www.myfeetfirst.com
Additional comments: Richelson's website says they also have locations in Bow (suburb of Concord) and Wolfeboro, NH. I do not know if the second and third locations do bootfitting.

Diva Rec: Deannatoby

Bob Skinner
Bob Skinner's Ski Shop

RT 103 in Newbury, NH (right by Sunapee)
(603)763-2303
[email protected]
Additional Comments: Great shop - attentive, wicked knowledgeable, friendly. They got me in a pair of Nordica Fire Arrows that are ski boot heaven. (jgab)

I would like to put in a good word for Bob Skinner who owns a shop on the access road near the base of Mt. Sunapee. He is a wonderful boot fitter, though his selection of boots is limited. If you must, buy elsewhere and bring to Bob for fitting. He is a former member of the US Olympic Ski Team and really committed to the sport. He knows his stuff and treats his customers right. (SkadiSkiGrrl)

Diva Rec: jgab, SkadiSkiGrrl

Dave Newman
Avon Ski Market

195 West Main Street Plaza 44
Avon, CT 06001
Phone: 860-677-2186
Additional Comments: He knows what he's doing!!! Highly recommend, as do several friends.

Diva Rec: Severine
The Ski Center

4300 Fordham Rd NW, Washington, DC 20016
(202) 966-4474

Diva Rec: Marigee
Alpina Ski Shop

Route 940, White Haven, PA, phone: 570.443.9701
Additional Comments: Here's another two thumbs up for Dieter at Alpina Ski shop, just a few minutes away from Jack Frost, PA. He did a superb job for me, in recommending and fitting the right boot for my feet and with making custom footbeds. (maggie198)

Another vote for Dieter! Great guy!(tinymoose)

Dieter now can do canting of boot soles, which is GREAT news. He is as good or better than many of the guys at major ski areas.(vanhoskier)

Diva Rec: maggie198, tinymoose, vanhoskier
Snowcrest Ski and Snowboard Center

13352 S. Cicero Ave.
Crestwood IL 60445
Phone: 708-389-4963
www.snowcrst.com
[email protected]

Bootfitsolution
By Appointment For On Hill Boot Work

815-543-6056
[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:

marzNC

Angel Diva
I guess my ski shop in NC should go here. C&R Ski has the original shop opened in 1985 in Hillsborough and a newer, larger one in Elon. The owner, Dick, does boot fitting, including custom footbeds. I've been quite happy with my new-old-stock Nordicas that Dick found for me. He has also found boots for my daughter twice that she was able to use for a couple seasons. The man in Elon has even more boot fitting credentials. Folks on SkiSE recommend him.

C&R Ski Outdoor
401 Village St. Hillsborough, N.C. 27278
919-732-9712

512 W. Haggard Ave Elon, N.C. 27244
336-538-1995

I also like Ski Country Sports, which has stores in Banner Elk, Asheville, and Charlotte. Bought a variety of stuff from them, including the first pair of 4-buckle boots (no customization), when Marz Jr. and I were skiing at Beech. Often mentioned on SkiSE.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I learned last season that Freestyle in Charlottesville, VA can do any sort of custom boot fitting, in the sense of custom footbeds and Intuition liners. I talked to Dan Cochrane when he was at Massanutten for a Demo Day. He seemed very knowledgeable. An appointment is required for boot fitting. There are also a Freestyle shop at Wintergreen. Dan gave me two names if I wanted help there.

Freestyle is a homegrown shop that started in 1983. The current owners started out as staff and bought it from the founders in 2000. They have an e-store too. They do a big swap every fall. Apparently Freestyle has a "mobile boot lab" to help ski schools and ski patrol at southeast ski areas.

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bootfitter's Name: Nick Blaylock
Name of Shop: Mount Snow Bootworks
Address of Shop: Mount Snow base lodge
Phone Number: # 802.464.4052

Additional Comments: In top 15 bootfitters nationwide according to SKI mag. Loads of personal attention, always read to tinker and tweak the boot for you as you start packing down the lining. Pointed me at last years' model, which would have been a great boot choice for me any time, but he saved me about $250 without me even having to ask. Shop is located at the base of the main lift, so it's no trouble at all to take a few runs while trying out a tweak, and report back in for more work on the fly.

Mrs Hutchins

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I will say, the guy at Inner Bootworks in Stowe is not the nicest man in the world. Actually, he's a little douchey. At least he was to me when I went to get my boots fitted there. However, my husband, myself, and his entire family have all gotten our boots at Inner Bootworks. And they do a GREAT job. So, besides the bit of snobbery (that I suppose is warranted when you're a world-class bootfitter), I totally recommend them. :smile:

marta

Angel Diva
Shout out for New Jersey!
Two great shops on my list:

Tom Rossi
James "Willy" Wilbur
Ski Barn Paramus

846 Rt 17 North, Paramus, NJ 07652
201-445-9070
Additional Comments: They fit me into jr race boots, Yeah! Been going to Tom for many years.

Greg Pier
Heino's Ski and Cycle

65 State Route 23 Pequannock, NJ 07440
(973) 696-3044
Additional Comments: Greg, the owner is oh-so patient! Popular with the patrollers and instructors at Mountain Creek.

Diva Rec: Marta

Tryin2Ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Brian Deely
Pro-Fit Ski & Mountain Sports
34-B Catoctin Circle, SE
Leesburg, Virginia
703-771-7669

Brian is MasterFit University Master’s Level Certified in bootfitting and has been involved in ski and boot testing on the East Coast and in the Rockies for decades.
Plus, he's a super nice guy and I had a great experience with him!

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
Bootfitter's Name: Nick Blaylock
Name of Shop: Mount Snow Bootworks
Address of Shop: Mount Snow base lodge
Phone Number: # 802.464.4052

His name came up this weekend at our staff training. Several amazingly knowledgeable people said he is the "go to" guy in New England.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Mike Vlass
Mtnside Ski & Ride (Wachusett Mountain ski shop)
499 Mountain Road, Princeton, MA 01541-1105
978 464 2626
www.mtnsideshop.com
[email protected]

I believe they have three certified boot fitters on staff now; Mike is one of them. He fit my son beautifully (tricky case as he has a left-sided weakness that makes fitting a challenge), and I plan to go back with my daughter in the fall as she has outgrown her boots.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Richard
Peak Ski & Board

Gibsonia Store (also in Monroeville)
5061 Route 8
Gibsonia, PA 15044
Additional Comments: Richard had his own shop called Three Rivers before joining Peak Ski & Board. He works out of the Gibsonia location. Shop is only open during ski season.

Diva Rec: marzNC based on info from LaurelHillCrazy of EpicSki/DCSki in 2010-2014
DCSki thread: https://www.dcski.com/forum/61631

marzNC

Angel Diva
I am on vacation at Smuggler's Notch Resort and drove over the notch into Stowe, VT this morning to meet with Benny Wax of Inner Bootworks to buy some new boots for me and my 2 daughters who ski. He meets by appointment during the summer. Super nice guy, extremely knowledgeable. I am very happy with my new boots -- Technica Flame Ultrafit with custom footbeds that he "cooked" and formed to my feet. I can tell that it's going to make a huge difference in my skiing. They were from last year's boot collection so I got a good deal on them. Also got boots that fit my daughters well with regular footbeds (not custom fit) from last year's stock. Took 2 hours total and worth every minute.

Here's the info. if any of you are interested: Inner Bootworks, Mt. Road, Stowe, VT 802/253-6929.

loving custom boots
I agree! Worth every penny and the time. I got custom foot beds and not only did it help my skiing in the comfort, but also in responsiveness. I went to ProFit Ski-Skate (https://www.ski-skate.com/) in Leesburg, VA. They are "certified "America's Best"
by the MasterFit University Bootfitter Training Centers.: If you're not in this area, check out Surefoot (https://www.surefoot.com/). Saw them in Whistler - very knowledgable, too, and are at lots of places in the US, too. Recommended the Booster Strap. It REALLY helps get the boot snug on your leg. Less chance of shin bumps (of course, you have to stay outta the back seat to really avoid them :smile: ). My boots fit really snug, but not tight and uncomfortable. Then next step is custom liners from Surefoot, but not until these wear out.

Another tip - play around with the forward flex (if your boot allows you to). I changed my boot so it was a little more forward - made a big difference in my ability to stay forward in the bumps.

Found a thread from 2007 about custom boots. Inner Bootworks is already on the list. The link for Pro-Fit in the old thread is obsolete. Trying2Ski noted the addresses in an earlier post.

Pro-Fit
https://pro-fitski.com

climbingbetty

Angel Diva
Really? We have no New Yorkers? Com'on! NY has the most ski resorts of any state!

I would highly, highly recommend Irwin at Hunter Mountain's Pro Shop. I'll dig up the contact info and repost.

Marta_P

Certified Ski Diva
In Massachusetts - Boston Area

Westwood Ski Stop
256 Washington St
Westwood, MA 02090
Phone number (781) 329-3616

When I was getting organized to buy my first boots/skis last year I asked everyone I could find where to go in the Boston area and there was a resounding vote for Westwood Ski Stop. My feet aren't tricky, so it was a relatively easy visit - but I still felt as if it was well worth the effort and haven't had any issues at all with my boots. PS - though I'm a beginner/intermediate skier, most of my friends/colleagues are advanced.

MissySki

Angel Diva
In Massachusetts - Boston Area

Westwood Ski Stop
256 Washington St
Westwood, MA 02090
Phone number (781) 329-3616

When I was getting organized to buy my first boots/skis last year I asked everyone I could find where to go in the Boston area and there was a resounding vote for Westwood Ski Stop. My feet aren't tricky, so it was a relatively easy visit - but I still felt as if it was well worth the effort and haven't had any issues at all with my boots. PS - though I'm a beginner/intermediate skier, most of my friends/colleagues are advanced.

Though we can all have different experiences at the same place, I just have to say that this is the shop I had many problems with. I went back and forth with them through 2 different boots for 3 years and they essentially stopped trying to address my concerns with my boots, and how they were also affecting my alignment. (I DO have semi complicated feet I guess, though my current bootfitter says they are not really). I'm still in the second pair of boots I got from them, and I'm very happy with them now that I went to get them redone by a different bootfitter to address the problems that Ski Stop would not or could not fix. I literally work about 10 minutes from this shop, and instead of going there I drive to Vermont when I need anything done to my boots now.

I guess for other just beware if you do have anything but simple to fit feet..

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva
^^I don't like to speak badly about any local business, but I feel very strongly about the negative experience I had there at the end. I was spoken down to and left close to tears with no path forward to address my issues on more than one occasion. That is just so unacceptable for a customer who is as happy go lucky and excited about all things skiing as I am! :noidea:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
^^I don't like to speak badly about any local business, but I feel very strongly about the negative experience I had there at the end. I was spoken down to and left close to tears with no path forward to address my issues on more than one occasion. That is just so unacceptable for a customer who is as happy go lucky and excited about all things skiing as I am! :noidea:
Oh my, I can't imagine anyone talking down to you or making you that upset about something you love so much. Boo!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly