• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bootfitters by Region - Canada

mustski

Angel Diva
With SkiDiva's permission, I have taken the information from this thread:
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/list-of-bootfitters-across-the-world.6375/
and organized it according to region. I excluded any recommendation that did not include personal experience. The original thread is still fully intact and includes all that information.

A bootfitting is not the same as "trying on boots." It is both a science and an art. To understand this better, go here:
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/why-you-yes-you-need-a-boot-fitting.2075/

The purpose of this thread is to provide an easy reference for women looking for a qualified bootfitter in a particular area. I have referenced the diva(s) who recommended a particular bootfitter. For further information, you can send them a private message. There are a few bootfitters listed from the original posting. I believe that information came originally from Epic and is trustworthy.

If there are great bootfitters with whom you have had personal experience, please add them here using this format:
Bootfitter's Name:
Name of Shop:
Address of Shop:
Phone Number:
Email:

Additional Comments:

mustski

Angel Diva
Alberta

2638 Parkdale Blvd NW
Calgary, T2N 3S6
(403) 288-8556
[email protected]
www.lous.ca
Additional Comments: lou's in calgary is honestly just the best they only sell top quality stuff for racers and advanced free skiers !!!!

Diva Rec: Mahniskis

Dave Williams
Ultimate Fit Center

211 Bear St
Banff, Alberta
(403) 762-7220 (3-9 in winter, banff)
(403) 678- 6824 (3-9 in winter, 10-7 summer, canmore)
(403) 762-0547 (daily, year round)
1-866-ski-ride
www.ultimatebanff.com
[email protected]

George McConkey (Shane's stepbrother)
McCoo's

Delta Whistler Building
4198 Springs Lane
Whistler, BC V0N 1B4
Canada
Phone: 604-932-2842
Fax: 604-932-2823
www.mccooswhistler.ca
Additional Comments: Awesome bootfitter, extremely knowledgeable. I'm a Calgary girl and I won't be getting boots from anyone but George if I can help it! Gives me an excuse to visit Whistler more often :-)

Diva Rec: Spillips

Fanatyk Co.
4433 Sundial Place #6 Whistler, BC V0N 1B4
(604) 938-9455
Additional Comments: the way to go for bootfitting.

Diva Rec: canadianbelle

Laurentians

Neil Lemoyre
Boutique de ski Mont Habitant

RR 2 12 Chemins des Skieurs, Saint-Sauveur, QC
(450) 227-3168

Additional Comments: I've bought my last two boots there and both have been great. Plus I've sent countless people to Neil, all of whom have been happy.

Diva Rec: SkiBam
Ski Connexions

Ottawa, Ontario
www.skiconnexions.ca

Additional Comments: He's in Ottawa and can be reached through skiconnexions.ca.
Barry does not sell boots, just fixes them! My Tecnica's will be paying him a visit. He knew right away what the problem is, but couldn't fix it here in Tremblant. Needs his shop.

Diva Rec: Jilly

NOTE: - for the 2013-24 season, Barry is relocating to Whistler. But you can reach him through the website.

Last edited by a moderator:

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Laurentians

Neil Lamoyrne (not entirely sure of spelling of last name)
Boutique de ski Mont Habitant

RR 2 12 Chemins des Skieurs, Saint-Sauveur, QC
(450) 227-3168

Additional Comments: I've bought my last two boots there and both have been great. Plus I've sent countless people to Neil, all of whom have been happy.

Diva Rec: SkiBam

I just went there on SkiBam's recommendation and got good service that I hope will translate, finally, into a better fitting boot. The guys there are very patient and seem to know their stuff. They also guarantee their fit in terms of adjustments. The spelling is Neil Lemoyre, by the way.

Also, just a quick note to say that I asked for the recommendation in the first place after getting increasingly frustrated with my usual shop in Montreal, Austrian Ski Shop. Montrealers usually recommend Austrian as "the" place to go for sports equipment, but these past few seasons I've not had much luck with them being able to fit boots for me. I think it's been skating by on past reputation more than present service, to tell the truth. YMMV.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Bootfitter's Name: Eric Reid
Name of Shop: Ski West
Address of Shop: 300 14 Street NW, Calgary, Alberta
Phone Number: (403) 270-3800

Additional Comments: Eric is really great - he takes time to get it right, and will persist until the boot fits well. He's also really knowledgeable about boots, but also skiing, tuning etc in general. An encyclopedia of skiing knowledge.

wildcat_ski

Diva in Training
I just went there on SkiBam's recommendation and got good service that I hope will translate, finally, into a better fitting boot. The guys there are very patient and seem to know their stuff. They also guarantee their fit in terms of adjustments. The spelling is Neil Lemoyre, by the way.

Just visited this place on your recommendations. This guy (Neil Lemoyre) is just fantastic! Very competent, he was able to tell whether it's too big/too small/too soft etc even before I myself could formulate how I feel. He also listens attentively to your needs and doesn't pressure you to one or another brand/model (happens too often in ski shops). And he has an astounding selection of boots. I spent at least 2.5 hours trying different models, left with the boots I could not be happier about (jumping from joy and waiting for snow now). :bounce:
On top of that I must tell that he has very competitive prices! The boots I got (2015 model) costed me about 65% of retail price and were actually a bit less expensive then the best discount pre-season price found on internet (and that's including sales taxes and fitting!)

Well, all this just to tell you that right now (till mid-October) there is pre-season sale, boutique is open and the selection is great.

One more small thing - I don't know what is RR2 in the reference, the correct address is just "12, Chemin des Skieurs, Saint-Sauveur", and there is the second telephone number (in addition to the one you have already) - 450-227-2637.
The shop is located in the ski station building.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Bootfitter's Name: Eric Reid
Name of Shop: Ski West
Address of Shop: 300 14 Street NW, Calgary, Alberta
Phone Number: (403) 270-3800

Additional Comments: Eric is really great - he takes time to get it right, and will persist until the boot fits well. He's also really knowledgeable about boots, but also skiing, tuning etc in general. An encyclopedia of skiing knowledge.

Just wanted to update on this - Eric has been joined by a younger new bootfitter-in-training, Kyle. My last boots were fitted by Kyle and Eric. And Kyle was great too.

Lilia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Any bootfitter recommendations in Toronto, ON?

Cantabrigienne

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
An update on George McConkey - he sold McCoos BUT this summer I heard he'll be working out of Whistler Village Sports in 2018/19. Hoping the sale of WVS to Evo doesn't change the arrangement

Jilly

Staff member
My boot fitter is there too!. Interesting about the sale....Barry is fantastic...

kiki

Angel Diva
, Ontario

Ottawa, Ontario
www.skiconnexions.ca

Additional Comments: He's in Ottawa and can be reached through skiconnexions.ca.
Barry does not sell boots, just fixes them! My Tecnica's will be paying him a visit. He knew right away what the problem is, but couldn't fix it here in Tremblant. Needs his shop.

Diva Rec: Jilly

NOTE: - for the 2013-24 season, Barry is relocating to Whistler. But you can reach him through the website.

Barry is at Whistler Village Sports for the winter. He helps you select a boot available for sale there then does the custom fitting.. highly recommend

paige.

Certified Ski Diva
Alberta

George McConkey (Shane's stepbrother)
McCoo's

Delta Whistler Building
4198 Springs Lane
Whistler, BC V0N 1B4
Canada
Phone: 604-932-2842
Fax: 604-932-2823
www.mccooswhistler.ca
Additional Comments: Awesome bootfitter, extremely knowledgeable. I'm a Calgary girl and I won't be getting boots from anyone but George if I can help it! Gives me an excuse to visit Whistler more often :-)

Diva Rec: Spillips

I just wanted to update that McConkey has moved to Whistler Village Sports (which, like half the shops in the village, has recently been taken over by Evo). He is still the best when it comes to boot fitting!

4341 Village Lane #110
Whistler, BC V8E 1M9
1-604-932-3327
https://www.evo.com/en-ca/locations/whistler/village-sports

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly